National Oilwell Varco
3,9 out of 5 stars.

National Oilwell Varco Employee Reviews for Production Scheduler in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape

Every day was a is a busy day we are handling new projects and finding ways to improve planning productivity. I learned that it is not only important to have priorities, but also to schedule them. I am lead by a great management team that let me handle my work as a mature person see problems and bring solutions or suggestions on my own or with team-work. I work with analytic people which have influenced my personality to better. The hardest part in production planning is trying to keep everybody happy also being realistic. The most bad part is being the first on to see that the organization is going to lose money in a project. Every day is a new day with new challenges, there is never a day where it is a slow day in planning.
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
A typical day at work: Running production meeting in the morning, getting feedback and giving feed forward to project engineers ans sales engineers about their projects. Scheduling and rescheduling jobs with MS projects to archive delivery dates and smooth work flow. What I learnt: Speaking skills, presenting skills. advance MS excel and MS project skills Management: Leaders, team players. Co workers: Supportive and team players. The hardest part of the Job: Running a project with a very tight delivery date where there is no slack time allowed. The most enjoyable part of the job: Day to day job telling people what to do and when to do it.
Pros
Quarterly functions team end year functions.
Cons
Working on weekends and holidays some times