National Oilwell Varco
3,9 out of 5 stars.

National Oilwell Varco Culture reviews

A local South African Company(Algoa Oil) was taken over by an international company, National Oilwell Varco. This was a huge culture change. Learning to deal with different methods and operating procedures was a great learning opportunity. The local management had to adapt to international mindset and a lot of new procedures applied. The work culture grew as we learned new operating systems and exposed more to new regulatuons. Applying the new mindset to older thinking managers seemed to be the difficult challenge. Meeting,learning and teaching personal on such a huge supportive level made the day great.
Pros
Exposure to International experiences and regulations
Cons
No opportunity to grow due to old internal management issues
During my 4 years with NOV I have learnt a lot in a short period of time. Fellow workers and management worked well together were great. Workplace culture was something new to be experienced in South Africa and you gave and received recognition and respect.
Pros
top level training in various countries. Seeing what other countries are like.
Cons
Nothing comes to mind.
Every day was a is a busy day we are handling new projects and finding ways to improve planning productivity. I learned that it is not only important to have priorities, but also to schedule them. I am lead by a great management team that let me handle my work as a mature person see problems and bring solutions or suggestions on my own or with team-work. I work with analytic people which have influenced my personality to better. The hardest part in production planning is trying to keep everybody happy also being realistic. The most bad part is being the first on to see that the organization is going to lose money in a project. Every day is a new day with new challenges, there is never a day where it is a slow day in planning.
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
Everyday is a learning and getting better day Learnt communication skills and respect Great management Family culture co-workers Facing difficult customers is hard The challenges and exposure is enjoyable
Pros
Culture and Compensation
Cons
Unexpected travel calls