National Oilwell Varco
3,9 out of 5 stars.

National Oilwell Varco Work-Life Balance reviews

Every day was a is a busy day we are handling new projects and finding ways to improve planning productivity. I learned that it is not only important to have priorities, but also to schedule them. I am lead by a great management team that let me handle my work as a mature person see problems and bring solutions or suggestions on my own or with team-work. I work with analytic people which have influenced my personality to better. The hardest part in production planning is trying to keep everybody happy also being realistic. The most bad part is being the first on to see that the organization is going to lose money in a project. Every day is a new day with new challenges, there is never a day where it is a slow day in planning.
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
NOV is by far one of the most rewarding workplace I've worked at. They provide you with all the relevant training, personally, emotionally and career wise to prepare you for working in the most harsh and dangerous environments there is. Apart from that, it is very fun and positive workplace. You are able to spend a fair amount of quality time with your family, more then any other company would offer. Personally had the opportunity to work on experimental rigs, assisting on developing control and data acquisition software. I would recommend this company to anyone.
National Oilwell Varco is one of the top suppliers in Rigg and Mine tooling, with extremely hard working and professional employees from top management, down to the lowest paid employee.
Pros
good sallaries and benifits
Cons
Exciting company to work for, opportunities are plentiful if you a apply yourself. Strong company that holds itself as well during the downturn of the industry. No complaints, tons of Pros.
very high talented Artisans,who know what they do and willing to teach and guide. working on Big Jobs wich need your concentration.. nice environment to be
Pros
retainment bonus
Cons
Learnt alot. Excelleny managed company with hard working employees. Look after their employees. Fun and challenging at the same time.
Pros
Performance bonusses, overtime payment
Cons
Everyday is a learning and getting better day Learnt communication skills and respect Great management Family culture co-workers Facing difficult customers is hard The challenges and exposure is enjoyable
Pros
Culture and Compensation
Cons
Unexpected travel calls
When out on a job you work 12 hours a day 7 days a week and can spend long periods of time away from home. I learnt that service matters. If you put in hard work for the client you will see rewards. Management have there favourites but at the end of the day work quality is key. The hardest part of the job is being away from the family for long periods of time. The best part of the job is getting to see the world.
Pros
financially rewarding to be away from home
Cons
job stability
Wonderful teammates when in company workshop. Fun, challenging and exciting as a field service person working with different teams globally.
As mentioned above long hours of work with little financial benefits, The company provides good training, but oil price is unstable at the moment. There is no job security.
The company has had a huge turn over rate ever since a new supervisor took over and decided to run things his way. Everyone who wants to move up in the company he ends up having a issue with. The benefits are great but the manufacturing supervisor is the biggest issue in manufacturing and has his favorites.