Nedbank

Nedbank Employee Reviews

South Africa1 435 reviews
Found 1 435 reviews matching the search
5,0
Can't say enough good things. Great company to work for. Loved working there. Great culture and work environment. Lovely co workers. Great management
5,0
I thought this company is exceptional and the people who work there. It is a very relaxed atmosphere where everyone works independently and everyone is successful in their job responsibilities. There is training monthly to keep you up to date with changes.
5,0
I have 5 years in Nedbank, It is a good company to work.i started as a graduate in 2013.I am willing to stay because of I like helping clients and do needs analysis
5,0
there is no growth in business banking and the fact that corporate is only at Johannesburg is also a bad side of working for Nedbank because in other provinces you are only limited to Banking.
Pros
Great culture, fun, great leaders, support, and personal growth
Cons
stressful environment
3,0
Be professional, honest and articulate. Nedbank is good on personal growth within the banking industry. The are very collaborative and have team spirit culture.
Pros
Good place to grow your career in Banking
Cons
Need to be head strong and cope well undef pressure.
5,0
well i grew a lot at Nedbank with regards to management due to lots of trainings and coaching sessions. I was able to archieve position 1 nationally for the best personal loans branch.
Pros
management trips
Cons
paperwork
5,0
I have worked there and since from day one I felt at home I was groomed not only professionally but also personally I developed so much skills and obtained an education qualification.
I would run with big arms open if I would receive another opportunity to work for them.
Good
Good
3,0
Nedbank has a lot of clusters. The cluster you are employed in, will dictate your experience. Working in an environment where education is irrelevant might become challenging. The environment may very well be hierarchy orientated and because some are set in their ways, there is no room for growth or to expand.
Pros
Interest rate
Cons
No support for growth or development
5,0
It was great working at Nedbank an awesome work place. I started there when I was 21 but I have grown with them I have learned alot through my peers and colleagues.
Great working culture
Good leadership from top management

One company that is strict with risk mitigation.

Care for its employees.

Opportunities available for employees to learn and grow.
Pros
Management communication is good. Support structure.
Cons
Lots of pressure with system challenges.
5,0
It was my first formal job after college. I was made to feel comfortable in the workplace. I was treated with dignity and respect. Management was approachable. I was encouraged to grow and improve myself by means of in house training, online training and through subsidized formal training. Financial assistance with my child's school fees, assistance with medical aid expenses and prime linked interest rates on loan products including credit cards. Nedbank is a socially responsible company supporting and donating towards the World Wildlife Fund and various arts initiatives, they also offer learnership programmes for various income groups.
Pros
Reduction of interest rates
Cons
Working on weekends
5,0
The benefits and the salary were sufficient. Nedbank promotes within and they are constantly encouraging their employees to study further, they are always willing to pay for your studies provided that you will study something that is banking related or something that will benefit you and the bank
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Targets were unrealistic
1,0
There is a lot that need to be done with regard to management as i strongly feel that they abuse their powers and not supportive at all when comes to staff. Most of them are bosses not leaders which set a very bad example and in terms of leadership and affect the company s reputation
Pros
Culture not practiced well
Cons
No fairness
5,0
Is quiet busy but that comes with the service levels of the business and one can learn a lot at Nedbank. Growth is very important at Nedbank and it is very much achievable.
Pros
Freebies
5,0
face to face client interaction was the main key. Client service driven environment. Treating customers fairly and with respect. Work together as a branch to receive excellent results
4,0
more should be concentrated on the branches because they are the once who mostly do a lot of work than those in the managerial positions and they should be paid much better for the hard work and efforts their put to the work
4,0
More management interaction is needed. Employees suggestions need to be considered more. Otherwise good environment. Good office culture. And benefits.
Pros
Great place to work for benefits
Cons
To much fear is instilled
3,0
Nedbank is a good company that look after their staff, Politics is the downfall in any branch.More need to be done in terms of favroutism.
Medical aid contribution from Company will also be good.
Pros
Staff Credit interest Rates
Cons
Politics whereby Management are involved.
4,0
Sourcing new resources for difficult assignments and getting support was a bit of a challenge especially when you are an entry level manager. Long hours due to tight delivery timelines.
Pros
Title and decision making
Cons
Less carrier development
5,0
working at Nedbank I have learnt a lot and have also become more professional. I enjoyed the team work and also my experience with our wonderful clients.
Pros
culture and way of leadership
Cons
leads
5,0
Great place to work , great company benefits, staff is friendly and supportive, relationship building is very easy when you know your clients. great products
Pros
incentives
Cons
long hours but beneficial