Nedbank

Nedbank Employee Reviews

South Africa1 424 reviews
Found 1 424 reviews matching the search
5,0
Is quiet busy but that comes with the service levels of the business and one can learn a lot at Nedbank. Growth is very important at Nedbank and it is very much achievable.
Pros
Freebies
1,0
There is a lot that need to be done with regard to management as i strongly feel that they abuse their powers and not supportive at all when comes to staff. Most of them are bosses not leaders which set a very bad example and in terms of leadership and affect the company s reputation
Pros
Culture not practiced well
Cons
No fairness
5,0
face to face client interaction was the main key. Client service driven environment. Treating customers fairly and with respect. Work together as a branch to receive excellent results
4,0
more should be concentrated on the branches because they are the once who mostly do a lot of work than those in the managerial positions and they should be paid much better for the hard work and efforts their put to the work
4,0
More management interaction is needed. Employees suggestions need to be considered more. Otherwise good environment. Good office culture. And benefits.
Pros
Great place to work for benefits
Cons
To much fear is instilled
3,0
Nedbank is a good company that look after their staff, Politics is the downfall in any branch.More need to be done in terms of favroutism.
Medical aid contribution from Company will also be good.
Pros
Staff Credit interest Rates
Cons
Politics whereby Management are involved.
4,0
Sourcing new resources for difficult assignments and getting support was a bit of a challenge especially when you are an entry level manager. Long hours due to tight delivery timelines.
Pros
Title and decision making
Cons
Less carrier development
5,0
working at Nedbank I have learnt a lot and have also become more professional. I enjoyed the team work and also my experience with our wonderful clients.
Pros
culture and way of leadership
Cons
leads
5,0
Great place to work , great company benefits, staff is friendly and supportive, relationship building is very easy when you know your clients. great products
Pros
incentives
Cons
long hours but beneficial
4,0
Nedbank was a great company to start off my working career. I learnt alot about the financial sector aswell as about my strengths as a individual. The company pays very well. I was fully independent and was able to save for my own personal investments.
4,0
I enjoyed my time at nedbank. There is a great emphasis on work life balance and employee well-being.

There will always be challenges where human beings interact, however the culture is designed to foster collaboration, innovation and self development.
4,0
The typical day involves getting to the office, having a chat with colleagues and reading emails. Thereafter, its the start of the day. The day itself can begin by having a catch-up session with a senior manager or with the exec. Some day's there is a frantic move around the office as you prepare for committee.

Once the catch-up or committee sessions are complete, the daily task of scanning through reports and finding ways to detail information in a succinct manner is tackled. The obtaining of information could take anything from a day to several, pending availability.

In between the daily movements, the chance to catch-up with colleagues at lunch of over a smoke break presents itself. The final stretch after lunch is typically when you start planning for the next day, unless an urgent matter arises, in which case priority comes to the forefront. Not too long after lunch, is it time to leave the office and hit the gym.

What I love about my work is that I learn about other countries, increase my knowledge my dealing with other stakeholders in the bank, and the flexibility that it offers. The confidence that is instilled in even the junior staff to present ton comittee members who are high up the corporate ladder certainly instills confidence in me.
Pros
The environment, the benefits available, the support afforded by everyone in the organisation.
Cons
Repetitive after a few years
5,0
Team work, equal treatment, team building, working under pressure, good benefits, opportunities for growth, good work environment, clear development plans.
4,0
But I am grateful for the wonderful experience because I have gained working independently. I became responsible in working on my own. True trainings I have mastered all the bank system.
4,0
Good company but could be better.
Work life balance is good. You need to be a hard worker and good emotional intelligence to survive. Overall a good company to work for.
4,0
Nedbank is a great place to work. People centred and takes care of its employees. Its big on accountability and change. Employees need to be agile to adabt to change. Always upskilling the staff by assisting with courses that are relevent to assist with coping and growing in the organisation
Pros
Theres always support
2,0
The company had a good values, but the problem was the way things were handled. There was no job security as the management will remind you that this could end at any time.. You were always in fear of loosing your job, not that you dont know your work. Pressure was too much.
5,0
Good working condition. They're people centered. Willingness to improve individual on their workshops on manager of self and management development. They're respect values
3,0
Management kept changing work discriptions
micromanagement

I learned a lot about all excon rullings across, product and project management

Agile ways of working
Pros
Non
5,0
Nedbank is a very proffesional enviroment. the culture is great to accomodate almost everyone. They take good care of their staff and make sure that their work is secured at all times.
3,0
I worked as an SBS Manager, a Relationship Management role that required me to be forever there for my clients and potential clients but i was seldom allowed to travel. Thus limiting my performance and eventually the growth of my portfolio. Given a chance, i would work for the company again.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nedbank. Our community is ready to answer.
4,1