Nedbank logo
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Nedbank Employee Reviews

3,9Work-Life Balance

Found 1 464 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 517 reviews

Great place to work. Very professional.great renumeration.

I enjoyed working at Nedbank.It was the best company I have ever worked for my entire professional life Good renumeration packages and a excellent work environment , which is super professional are Vital to obtain productive long term employees.

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

High pressure due to risks in banking

It's a fun place to work and enjoyable and you grow and you get the skills and knowledge you deserve and you can get the benefits as well that you enjoy.

Pros

1hr lunch

Property Consultant

I worked as an assistant Relationship Manager at Nedbank and after a year and a half I was promoted to Relationship Manager which is now called associate. What I remember learning the most is to educate yourself and take all the learning opportunities available at the Nedbank. Honestly educational opportunities are abundant and truly priceless if you take them up.

Pros

Education

Cons

Culture maybe too Warm

High paced work environment

I enjoyed working at Nedbank it was my first job ever. The culture and people were very diverse and i was exposed to learning so much it paved the way for the skills i have today.

Pros

Employee benefits

Cons

Work loads

A good environment to work in especially at the bigger offices where parking, restaurants medical facilities etc are at hand

A good solid company to work for and focus on superior quality world class service and was always an ambassador to promote the bank. I worked in various divisions primarily Private Banking, retail banking, Home Loans Division and global business banking services. I am aHome Loan Specialists, I have worked in administrative roles as Services Manager in sales as Private Banking Manager and affray with the banking industry on a whole

Pros

Good leave entitlement very good medical, pension life cover, funeral benefits. Free parking, discounted holiday accommodations throughout South Africa

Cons

Became too economic empowered and very discriminatory, no opportunity for growth, deserved promotions, fair increases or bonuses

Been there since 2009 until may 2021It's been a Wonderful journey for me , will always appreciate everything the Bank has done for me....The opportunity that they gave me and the Knowledge is amazing

Fun workplace but need money

Nedbank hires graduates with degrees but gives them a salary below R10 000.00 which leaves them very confused and frustrated. I've personally been with the bank for 5 years but my salary is still below R10 000.00. I'm extremely unhappy.

Pros

Great bank

Cons

The company overall is lovely

Nedbank is a great company to work for. At times it was the employee's personalities which clashed. I would definitely work there again, just under different management and a different role.

Pros

You learn alot, change is constant

Cons

Lots of pressure

Excellent work culture

A great Bank to work for. Remuneration pretty fair and decent. Nice work culture. The Managers are pro development provided that it's initiated by the worker.

Pros

Remuneration scheme

Nice working at the bank no hard labour work with proper payments

Working with money can be hard but it is better then lifting heavyweights. Work life balance is getting there. It is a nice experience and you learn alot.

Jobs at Nedbank

See more jobs

Market related

I honestly would go back and work for Nedbank again. It's really a great place to work. I recommend Nedbank if you would like to work for a Bank. The

Nedbank as a company is a good place to work at.

Nedbank is an excellent place to develop ones dreams .There is balance between work and home.Nedbank takes good care of it's employees, medical aid, pension funds and the credit facilities offered to staff.

Pros

Personal growth

Cons

If your Immediate Manager can hate you, all is in jeopardy. The years you have served selflessly goes to the drain.

Very fun to work there

Nedbank is the place to be it has the best benefits and very professional all the the time the customer service is all on high point clients are happy

Pros

One hour lunch

Cons

8 hours

Healthy working environment

It is a great place to work, if you are driven and focus and career driven. You must be self motivated and drive a healthy working environment and do things for greater good and be self driven. Your positivity must be evident and be part solution. Nedbank grows individuals for leaders of tomorrow.

Fun workplace

Nedbank is a good company to work for with a good code of ethics and good fringe benefits.The management structure is great.One can grow their career quickly at the company.

Pros

Good working environment

Cons

Working on weekends

Job security

Nedbank gave me a chance to grow in my career and they invested alot in my development. The company offered alot of courses to help me perform my job

Pros

Travel allowance

Cons

Productive and family based environment

Worked in sales which was naturally a bit stressful however management is supportive. Nedbank systems are reliable and management gets involved. You are allowed to work independently and as part of a team. You are challenged cognitively and the business invests in their employees.

Pros

Incentives and salaries are market related

Cons

Can't think of any

Good company to work for. Great culture and working environment. Lots of growth opportunities for an ambitious person who looks to make headway in the financial services industry

Pros

Team spirit

Cons

Working on weekends and holidays

A vibrant professional, yet socially aware organisation

My perspective: Nedbank was not only an employer but a teacher for me within the many moving parts of an iconic legacy that was a co creator of Corporate South Africa. I learned to entrench my deep value for human capital as the culture promoted this manifesto. Furthermore the strategic intent was simple yet bold and held no mystery as to the underlying objectives. I learned many complex business and financial skills and saw myself as a part of an organisation that recognised and rewarded my value, trusted me and my output. Management, as with any financial institution was formal, but not to the extent of throttling creativity and passion. We had great leadership from the CEO, my direct line senior executives, other c suite executives that were accessible executives and not ivory tower untouchables but real approachable human beings. The hardest part and the best parts of this role was to be a part of something that became part of your dna which gave you the purpose to roll with the punches.They support from my immediate and extended teams together with the executive line support made my transition into Corporate South Africa very meaningful, educational and courageous.I am grateful for this experience that changed my life and impacted my worldview,

Pros

Valued for your humanity.

Cons

Long hours and expected bureacracy

Great work opportunity

They have a great code of conduct and in writing their work strategy however I feel like it would be best to out course management so that person interests don't interfere with the company success as much as promoting inhouse is great however it works against proficiency

Pros

Medical

Cons

Unsubsidized

Slow internet speed and extremely unstable computer programmes.

Unstable systems causes unnecessary extra stress to an already stressful environment with lots of cash and cameras all over. Salary not bad, but not worth the amount of stress. Good company perks which keeps me from changing to a different employer.

Pros

Holsboer vacations and school fee financial help. Staff rates, corporate wardrobe, strict policies to help cover both bank, employees and clients.

Cons

Unstable computer programmes which causes constant problems, creating more work stress and inadequate service to clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nedbank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1