Nedbank logo
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Nedbank

Nedbank Employee Review

Review

It is a great place to work.There are challenges here and there but they inspire people to work hard.If I could, I would take my colleagues with me if it happens that I have to leave.They made my stay a warm one.The hardest part is to persuade people to do training when they don't want to.I monitor compliance therefore I send letters to other staff members with outstanding compliance training on a monthly basis.Everytime we meet in the premises they call me 'Miss law and order' and ask me not to send them more letters promising to do the training.I found that amusing.

Pros

most of the services charged at staff rate for employees.

Cons

you do what you are told or else, disciplinary;fast

3,0Work/Life Balance
2,0Salary/Benefits
2,0Job Security/Advancement
1,0Management
3,0Culture

Same role

Good work life balance. Normal working. Management was not professional. There was a sense of discrimination. I have learn a lot in terms of events an

Left the company last year!! Good company to work for. I have learned a lot in terms of Admin, Events, Marketing, Organisation and Travel Arrangements.
Same role

Retrenched staff treated like rubbish

Nedbank retrenched staff recently. People don't matter. Retrenched staff ignored and left business without goodbye or good luck. They just don't care.
Same location

A vibrant professional, yet socially aware organisation

My perspective: Nedbank was not only an employer but a teacher for me within the many moving parts of an iconic legacy that was a co creator of Corporate South Africa. I learned to entrench my deep value for human capital as the culture promoted this manifesto. Furthermore the strategic intent was simple yet bold and held no mystery as to the underlying objectives. I learned many complex business and financial skills and saw myself as a part of an organisation that recognised and rewarded my value, trusted me and my output. Management, as with any financial institution was formal, but not to the extent of throttling creativity and passion. We had great leadership from the CEO, my direct line senior executives, other c suite executives that were accessible executives and not ivory tower untouchables but real approachable human beings. The hardest part and the best parts of this role was to be a part of something that became part of your dna which gave you the purpose to roll with the punches.They support from my immediate and extended teams together with the executive line support made my transition into Corporate South Africa very meaningful, educational and courageous.I am grateful for this experience that changed my life and impacted my worldview,

Pros

Valued for your humanity.

Cons

Long hours and expected bureacracy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nedbank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1