Nedbank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Nedbank Employee Reviews

Showing all 1 506 reviews
Nedbank is an excellent place to develop ones dreams .There is balance between work and home.Nedbank takes good care of it's employees, medical aid, pension funds and the credit facilities offered to staff.
Pros
Personal growth
Cons
If your Immediate Manager can hate you, all is in jeopardy. The years you have served selflessly goes to the drain.
I enjoyed my time with Nedbank. I would never have resigned if not for emigration to USA. Always had a support structure in place. In my three years they molded me into so much more. Can't say anything bad about Nedbank, they take good care of their employees just as they take care of their clients. God bless Nedbank
Pros
Support, stability, growth
Nedbank is the place to be it has the best benefits and very professional all the the time the customer service is all on high point clients are happy
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
8 hours
It is a great place to work, if you are driven and focus and career driven. You must be self motivated and drive a healthy working environment and do things for greater good and be self driven. Your positivity must be evident and be part solution. Nedbank grows individuals for leaders of tomorrow.
Nedbank is a good company to work for with a good code of ethics and good fringe benefits.The management structure is great.One can grow their career quickly at the company.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Working on weekends
Nedbank gave me a chance to grow in my career and they invested alot in my development. The company offered alot of courses to help me perform my job
Pros
Travel allowance
Cons
Worked in sales which was naturally a bit stressful however management is supportive. Nedbank systems are reliable and management gets involved. You are allowed to work independently and as part of a team. You are challenged cognitively and the business invests in their employees.
Pros
Incentives and salaries are market related
Cons
Can't think of any
Good company to work for. Great culture and working environment. Lots of growth opportunities for an ambitious person who looks to make headway in the financial services industry
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
Working on weekends and holidays
My perspective: Nedbank was not only an employer but a teacher for me within the many moving parts of an iconic legacy that was a co creator of Corporate South Africa. I learned to entrench my deep value for human capital as the culture promoted this manifesto. Furthermore the strategic intent was simple yet bold and held no mystery as to the underlying objectives. I learned many complex business and financial skills and saw myself as a part of an organisation that recognised and rewarded my value, trusted me and my output. Management, as with any financial institution was formal, but not to the extent of throttling creativity and passion. We had great leadership from the CEO, my direct line senior executives, other c suite executives that were accessible executives and not ivory tower untouchables but real approachable human beings. The hardest part and the best parts of this role was to be a part of something that became part of your dna which gave you the purpose to roll with the punches.They support from my immediate and extended teams together with the executive line support made my transition into Corporate South Africa very meaningful, educational and courageous.I am grateful for this experience that changed my life and impacted my worldview,
Pros
Valued for your humanity.
Cons
Long hours and expected bureacracy
They have a great code of conduct and in writing their work strategy however I feel like it would be best to out course management so that person interests don't interfere with the company success as much as promoting inhouse is great however it works against proficiency
Pros
Medical
Cons
Unsubsidized
Unstable systems causes unnecessary extra stress to an already stressful environment with lots of cash and cameras all over. Salary not bad, but not worth the amount of stress. Good company perks which keeps me from changing to a different employer.
Pros
Holsboer vacations and school fee financial help. Staff rates, corporate wardrobe, strict policies to help cover both bank, employees and clients.
Cons
Unstable computer programmes which causes constant problems, creating more work stress and inadequate service to clients.
My love for customer service started at my previous job but it bloomed in this work place... I grew more and more fond of what I was doing every day. Yes, there are difficult clients but that is where I thrived the most, not resting until I have a satisfied client whether it was the outcome he/she expected or not. And whether I was recognized for it or not. It didn't matter cause I loved what I was doing
Pros
The employee benefits
Cons
Making target was a bit of a struggle. Sales was never my strong point but problem solving is.
I enjoyed my stay at Nedvank. ceru short as I was on contract. However, the exposire that I got is one that cherish to this day. i had a misfortune of having a miscarriage during that time. I thank God that I was in an environment where my HR executive was so supportive and doubt I could have received a better support anywhere else.I wish I could have had a longer stay.
Pros
Appreciated the last Friday of the month drinks even though I do not drink alcohol.
Cons
Hope the Wealth culture was across the company.
Perfect organization , the company that cares about their staff members and clients , uniforms is not for everyone that work there , for uniforms I rate them 4/10
Pros
You are in charge of your time Management during working hours
Cons
Long hours low rate
Best banking culture and team support, best values in all branches. Clients are always put first. Great working enviroment. Was the best working experience I ever had with the best Branch Manager.
Pros
Banking hours
Cons
The company is good but the people given leadership positions treat subordinates like second grade humans. Growth is next to none existent with people occupying the same positions for 10+years
Pros
Cons
No overtime payment
Nedbank was a great place to work at. The staff was super supportive and the teamwork excellent. What made me leave after 11 years was the fact that i was stand in for my branch manager and team leader but never got or new about positions available for team leader positions. I loved my clients .
Pros
You can study while working
Cons
Pressure
Its a good company to work for, need a bit of encouraging employees and making it easier for them to come up with innovative ways without a hassle, e.g not expecting the idea to be emailed to all employees for support.
Pros
excellent ceremonies for events
Cons
Long hours on weekend
Keep up the good work of keeping the staff secured and always allowing everyone to grow.Consistent and always communicate changes to processes well in advance for staff to understand.
Pros
Reasonable working hours
Cons
Nothing to say
Can't say enough good things. Great company to work for. Loved working there. Great culture and work environment. Lovely co workers. Great management
Cons
I thought this company is exceptional and the people who work there. It is a very relaxed atmosphere where everyone works independently and everyone is successful in their job responsibilities. There is training monthly to keep you up to date with changes.
  1. Employee Reviews