Nedbank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Nedbank Employee Reviews in Braamfontein, Gauteng

Nedbank as being my first employment after graduating gave me the opportunity to grow as an individual and learn independency at a tender age. I am a hardworking individual who can work well under pressure thanks to Nedbank.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Sales targets
This job was premised around the idea of promoting the company and it's events. I found it to be exciting as it allowed one to meet many new people and communicate with them. In addition to this,it taught one to diligent and hard-working whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
Pros
Short working hours
My role is responsible for more than half of the staff in the bank.I do observations and follow up when given tasks. My staff are hard working and team players but sometimes they get frustrated with all the training ,processes changing ,procedures that they need to adhere to ect.I try to motivate them and keep them going ,but I cat be held accountable for grown people that acts like children.I use to love my job working in the bank but the people and higher management has made it impossible for me to be happy .Its constant worrying a rush to complete most of my daily duties.
Pros
reimbursement for my overtime
Cons
im a hard worker and dont mind working overtime
I worked in the Card Division , whereby I processed Card Applications , Store Applications and Screened the application to make sure details were correctly entered. I moved to Merchant Division where was trained on the Orion Accounting System and learnt what the Merchant Division actually does in the Banking Industry. Excitely , I was offered a position at Roshcon as a Creditors Clerk and that's where my career official started
Pros
No Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Got a lot of benefits like medical pensionfund and holiday flats for workers and got a legal department who is willing to give advice to any co workers
Pros
tea and lunch times
Cons
office hours and alternative Saturdays
Nedbank is target driven, and cares about its employees It teaches a lot about time management and focus Management plays a highly effective role in assisting its employees to achieve what is necessary from them, they are strict but approachable Colleagues enjoy a friendly working culture
Pros
Awards and Recognition every month
Cons
My typical day at work as the Client Risk Profiling Analyst was to process the finding of the optimal level of investment risk for the clients, considering the risk required, risk capacity and risk tolerance. Learned on dealing with risk matters regarding investments matters involving banking clients. Management and co-workers were great, i had a great team, working as family/team. The hardest part was making sure that all variances are dealt with and dealing with a difficult team leader but eventually that changed as time went by. Best part was working with the best productive team. Team work and flexibility.
Pros
Benefits teambuiding, team lunches
Cons
great place to work has many benefits always supporting staff makes them not feel like a number salary is also great. doing the same thing every day
I was temping there so there were no much benefits for me other than my salary. I was not qualifying for any benefits. but I received an award for working hard.
Pros
day off
Cons
over time
Great place to work Good corporate environment and culture.Great people. Great values. Working day always start with a staff meeting, to review the previous days productivity,and challenges, Management productivity driven, and always looking at process enhancements and improvements. Accomplishing targets and staff being motivated, toughest part of the work is when volumes are hard to contain and process and staff have to put in long hours and cut lunch hours and work weekends. Team building events are always enjoyable to help each other understand one another better.
Pros
Excellent career prospects
Cons
Tough competition
I have learn a lot,how to work with people.What my goal isThe job securuty was super. Our life style was the same. We used to behave nicely. We used to help each other,
Pros
no free lauch
Cons
normal hours
  1. Braamfontein, Gauteng