Nedbank

Nedbank Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Cape Town, Western Cape81 reviews
5,0
It was my first formal job after college. I was made to feel comfortable in the workplace. I was treated with dignity and respect. Management was approachable. I was encouraged to grow and improve myself by means of in house training, online training and through subsidized formal training. Financial assistance with my child's school fees, assistance with medical aid expenses and prime linked interest rates on loan products including credit cards. Nedbank is a socially responsible company supporting and donating towards the World Wildlife Fund and various arts initiatives, they also offer learnership programmes for various income groups.
Pros
Reduction of interest rates
Cons
Working on weekends
4,0
More management interaction is needed. Employees suggestions need to be considered more. Otherwise good environment. Good office culture. And benefits.
Pros
Great place to work for benefits
Cons
To much fear is instilled
5,0
Great place to work , great company benefits, staff is friendly and supportive, relationship building is very easy when you know your clients. great products
Pros
incentives
Cons
long hours but beneficial
4,0
Good company but could be better.
Work life balance is good. You need to be a hard worker and good emotional intelligence to survive. Overall a good company to work for.
3,0
Typical corporate environment with the usual red tape and bureaucracy. Certain aspects of the job were very rewarding but other parts frustrating. Most of the people are great to work with.
3,0
I was happy for more than 10years.
However, the digitalisation is forcing many people to become jobless

Some managers push for your develipment but sadly there is back biting.
5,0
Nedbank was a great place to work. They look after their employees and I enjoyed my time there. It was also a great place to learn as they are big on learning.
4,0
Responsible for balancing cash and cheques. Daily handling of credit/debit cards and cheque books while issuing products and delivering services within line with company policy and procedure.
4,0
I glad to part of the Nedbank team. The environment can get very stressful with long working hours. At the same time it can be very relax and everyone is treated with respect as a human being not a number.
3,0
Extremely stressful working with people's money.
You have to meet your daily targets which is essentially important .

You have to be alert at all times.
5,0
The salary is satisfactory, the culture is brilliant (if you're all about the corporate world).
You are your own boss/person in terms of you are responsible for your own work.

It is fun and professional at the same time.
5,0
Typical day is the end of the month when people get paid and Grand money.

I've learn a lot at Nedbank dealing with difficult and easy clients how to interact with people great communication skills really a great place to work. Management some of them are good and it depend how do you handle them.

Nedbank culture I like it very much.

Hardest dealing with difficult client but the are thing is to handle them.

The most enjoyable part is to deal with client make them happy keep them in the loop.
Pros
Yes we do have Breakfast, Luches but it depend on a perfomance.
Cons
No we dont work long hours.
3,0
While I was at this company, my time there was fraught with many difficulties. I learned things I'd never known before but it came with a price I couldn't afford.
5,0
What makes Nedbank such a great place to work for? If you ask me, I’ll tell you that it’s the experience, both client and employees. Clients knowing that Nedbank delivers what people want and need, Nedbank’s success depends on experienced employees that are healthy, resilient, balanced and recognized for their abilities. Nedbank makes things happen.
Pros
Flexable working hours - flexi time
3,0
You really need to work hard to enjoy what you are doing.They really made it hard for us with their high interest rates . they did not market their loan back then.
5,0
Every morning you meet your team leader and produce a daily plan,then later give update.
How to treat and communicate with clients

they coach and guide.

Ethics are very important

Is to wait for walk in business

Team outings and Celebrate our successes.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Work politics
5,0
I 100% regret leaving Nedbank. If i should be given the opportunity i would go back immediately. I left out of frustration and due to management not being supportive. Should've just stuck it out till they retired
5,0
great place to work for, great workplace and great place to bank. I enjoyed working at Nedbank because the bank take care of the staff and clients. They trie by all means to make the employees happy. I would never hesitate to work there again
Pros
incentives and appreciations
5,0
My current role involves a lot of time management,you need be very diligent in my field of work. I have learnt that you take every client as your number 1 client. The hardest things about my job is trying to meets clients needs in a short period of time. What makes me enjoy my job is fulfilling my clients need.
4,0
Great culture in that flexible work practises is actively encouraged. I enjoy a good work life balance. Self development is encouraged through Bursaries, study loans etc. In my current role I am self managed and accountable for my work required outcomes. Management allows me to use my own creativity and initiative to get the job done. I really enjoy that I am empowered to make decisions and learn from my mistakes.
Pros
staff rates for credit applications
Cons
Recognition criteria not always clear
5,0
People at Nebank branches work hard but know how to have a good laugh. Management is always an excellent example which helps all employees follow suit.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Clients dont have to treat you with respect when assisting them.