Nedbank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Nedbank Employee Reviews in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal

The benefits and the salary were sufficient. Nedbank promotes within and they are constantly encouraging their employees to study further, they are always willing to pay for your studies provided that you will study something that is banking related or something that will benefit you and the bank
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Targets were unrealistic
working at Nedbank I have learnt a lot and have also become more professional. I enjoyed the team work and also my experience with our wonderful clients.
Pros
culture and way of leadership
Cons
leads
Nedbank was a great company to start off my working career. I learnt alot about the financial sector aswell as about my strengths as a individual. The company pays very well. I was fully independent and was able to save for my own personal investments.
The company had a good values, but the problem was the way things were handled. There was no job security as the management will remind you that this could end at any time.. You were always in fear of loosing your job, not that you dont know your work. Pressure was too much.
Great place to work, colleagues are very friendly and supportive. There may be some challenges with higher management but the daily office staff makes your day worth it.
Nedbank is defintely a great place to work, lots of opportunities, very people centred and real caring bank. My tipical day is a stress free one, dealdline aside, its a place that you want to come to because of the people, the culture and professionalism.
Pros
Job Security
A typical day at work is very fast paced. I have alot of client to attend to from the morning. I deal with creditors which is not always easy. We are constantly learning about the product and how to handle clients. Management is always there to assist. The hardest part of the job is when we are unable to assist clients no matter what we try and do. I do enjoy engaging with all types of people and helping them where I can.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Not enough time for the work load
I enjoyed working at Nedbank from the time i started in 2008. I was very good at what I did unfortunately circumstances forced me to resign. Overall its a great place to work, i had friendly colleagues, they were very helpful.
Nedbank is a good company to work for. I enjoyed my stay at the company and the work challenges and I am grateful for that I learnt whilst there. People are lovely, friendly and always willing to help, it was like we one big family. The only thing was that I had mastered all areas of my work, so I somehow felt my skills were no longer being challenged.
enjoyed myself from the word go. staff and management was very friendly couldn't tell the old and new staff. job is manageable even though its more challenging
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nedbank?
You need your A game to every work you do and excel in it And my colleagues were good to me, also the management were so friendly which made me to feel good and do my best
Good company, with poor management skills. Stressful environment, with sometimes unreasonable targets. Lack of people skills on the management side. More respect towards employees required.
The amount of risk on a daily bases as the robberies could occur at anytime. And the hours were very long as the day was never predictable on how it will go.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Working at Nedbank needs one to be passionate about client service. Employees' performance is appreciated and rewarded. Bonuses are great . The down side is working three weekends in a month.
Good place to work Fun team and management Work life balance Learn the basic skills be in a corporate environment Depth and knowledge in the banking industry all through nedbank training
A day at Nedbank Contact Centre is spent mostly sitting down on calls back to back, sometimes there's not even time to take lunch you end up eating at your desk. I learnt about banking and how to handle clients from all walks of life, I have dealt with wonderful friendly clients as well as angry clients and got to learn a few things about myself. The good thing about management is they don't micro manage you, even team leaders don't, you are given a target to meet monthly, how you make that happen totally depends on you. The hardest part of this job is the stress and pressure that one works under and the impact it has on an individual, you get home and all you want to do is eat, bath and sleep like a dead person. The changes that take place are not implemented strategically, its either you swim or you die that's how they implement changes. The most enjoyable part of the job is the laughter, the jokes and the team spirit within fellow team mates.
Pros
Cons
Stress and pressure
Management need to be more of team players and be constantly trained on how to lead a team. Other wise they are great with clients.I would love to see other stuff members with potential to grow from role to role be given that chance..
Pros
Free lunches, outings and games
Cons
Working on sundays
Nedbank is a great company to work for with room to grow. Lots of incentives daily weekly and monthly. Open door policy is brilliant with nedbank management, they make you feel as if you are a part of a family.
Pros
Lots of incentives
Cons
Favoritism
Not a good place to work at. You are made to work on 3 Saturdays a month. The scheduling is pathetic. Come to work at 8 and u get tea at 8:15??? Managers treat us badly. They think that we are kids. They think that you have control over your call duration and will come and sit on your head to finish the call. When its busy they need to take calls. We want to see how they manage call duration. They want us to make Sales but forget that we service clients. You are not valued. Quality Coaches always will find a problem with ur calls. This place is a joke
Pros
nothing
Cons
Bad management. pathetic working hours
Relaxed, fun and productive environment . there are many new skills I have acquired , such as dealing with different types of people, time management , dealing with stressful situations.
Pros
Free refreshments
Cons
non that i can think of
Use to look forward to go to work but in the last two years things have changed so much. You are only a number. Management only care about targets been made, working under fear when you will be dismissed not willing to listen to staffs opinion as you are replaced in a blink of an eye.
Pros
Staff rates
Cons
Wotking in constant fear.
  1. Durban, KwaZulu-Natal