Nedbank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Nedbank Employee Reviews in East London, Eastern Cape

Good company to work for. Great culture and working environment. Lots of growth opportunities for an ambitious person who looks to make headway in the financial services industry
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
Working on weekends and holidays
I have worked there and since from day one I felt at home I was groomed not only professionally but also personally I developed so much skills and obtained an education qualification. I would run with big arms open if I would receive another opportunity to work for them.
Good
Good
Nedbank is a great place to work. People centred and takes care of its employees. Its big on accountability and change. Employees need to be agile to adabt to change. Always upskilling the staff by assisting with courses that are relevent to assist with coping and growing in the organisation
Pros
Theres always support
Would like to get a better job than can pay me better its too expensive to stay in east London I'm so flexible.working over time under pressure.team work
Enjoyed working at Nedbank I learned alot from all my colleagues and previous managers they were all like mentors to me. The thing I liked at the bank was everybody was on a first name basis with each other
Client Driven and Looks after Employees. There is a lot of room for growth and development within this organisation. Employees are consistently coached, trained and up skilled.
it was great getting peoples credit applications approved and seeing the joy on their faces. It wasn't so great when their deals were declined.A typical day at work would include signing up clients for all types of credit applications or bank accounts.
Pros
Happy Clients, Exceeding my sales, Top sales in the Eastern Cape
Cons
declined applications
The work culture is good. I loved dealing with clients. I learned everything about banking and client service with the company. Sales was my focus for most of my career.
Pros
Client interaction
Cons
Career progression
NEDBANK was a fun working environment and was working on a monthly target as a sales and loan consultant. My typical day was to be on my computer dealing with clients who want loans and approving them, making calls to clients who applied for loans online, and once a week I would go on road show marketing. At Nedbank I have I learned Telemarketing skills and how to deal with people in a more professional level. I was under a great management and very professional workplace culture. The hardest part about this job was when I very difficult to meet monthly targets for loan applications that are approved because most people in SA have very bad credit record. But because it was a company that allows you to exercise your marketing strategies, I would present my plan to my boss then be allowed to go market on the targeted areas, that is the reason I enjoyed my job.
Pros
working 7 days a week
Cons
It is a place to work even now I will work for them its just that at the time I had a problem , there is a platform to share your opinions and they build you to be able to work for better position I came out with two certificates. You are given everything you need to do your job . Every day you know your manager is there when you need help. They respect everybodys culture and have their culture of respecting each other . the hardest part its when you have to bring business for a certain products and most clients are not interested in it . but its enjoyable to help a client find what he really need
Pros
At sometimes when they invited you to learn they give you free lunch
Cons
Not at all normal working hours
Worked in the processing department with Patsy and a whole other group of ladies. Worked long hours and processing is a lot of searching and digging through heaps of paperwork for queries for bank customers. I don't think people realise how much paperwork was involved in the banking department.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Fell pregnant and was on contract
Grow Nedbank book by visiting branches and help bankers in terms of getting a better knowledge in home loans. Visit estate agents , developers and originators. Hold functions for the estate agents for networking. Coach / educate bankers and estate agents by having presentations. Planning my day. week and month in advance so that i know where to prioritize when doing my visits. Prepare my business plan for my area- and present it in our regional meeting that is held monthly with my other colleagues.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
I have developed my skills and grow interms of customer service. I am strong individual and like challenge. My duty was to drive sales and manage as well as to supervise staff,by doing so i observe them and advise where necesary. Making sure the operations are inorder, Monthly targets are met. Also doing the asset register of the Branch monthly.
Pros
staff mortivation by recognising them
Cons
i worked seven days a week.
Credit assessments & financial analysis are my core duties which I perform daily whilst mitigating the banks risk. I have a supportive & experinced team. Hardest part of my job is declining a potential client because of volatility in the industry they operate in or current economic conditions which influence the businesses performance. Most enjoyable part of my job is enabling clients to go further by creating bankable solutions suited to their unique requirements.
Pros
Free working environment.
Cons
Not enough hours in a day.
A typical day is filing all documents, answering switchboard and redirecting calls to the correct people. Receiving clients and informing the respective person they are there. I learned that being friendly is a good asset to have and especially to know your clients on a first name basis, they do appreciate it. Managament was very good and co-workers were great.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
n/a
I enjoyed working for Nedbank, i had a great team and worked with experienced and fun individuals and they created a great working environment. My main problem there was the routine, it was a very monotonous job, doing the same thing everyday and it was not challenging. It was always meant to be a learning curve for me, to gain experience and expand my CV, get a good work ethic and professionalism and to prepare me for this great opportunity which is what i wanted to do, to be, a Project Manager.
Pros
Working hours, overtime, benefits, medical aid, pension. etc.
Cons
No expansion, growth
Providing product solutions, servicing accounts, updating investment, switching products (to improve services),advising on better solutions for clients's quiries, compiling sales figure, meeting targets, providing best and accurate service at a reasonable time.I've learned a lot about a wide range of banking products and making clients happy.My co-workers were always great, we never clatched, we were more like a family.The hardest part of the job is when you have to comfort clients that had been victims of fraud outside the bank, due to crime. You need to be careful on how to get that client to trust the bank's procedures to minimise chances of them going through that situation again.The most enjoyable part of the job is to provide best financial solutions for my clients in terms of giving them the best product at an affordable/ lower rate.
Pros
getting rewards and merits
Cons
a very competitive market.
  1. East London, Eastern Cape