Nedbank

Nedbank Employee Reviews in Sandton, Gauteng

Sandton, Gauteng156 reviews
4,0
Sourcing new resources for difficult assignments and getting support was a bit of a challenge especially when you are an entry level manager. Long hours due to tight delivery timelines.
Pros
Title and decision making
Cons
Less carrier development
4,0
The typical day involves getting to the office, having a chat with colleagues and reading emails. Thereafter, its the start of the day. The day itself can begin by having a catch-up session with a senior manager or with the exec. Some day's there is a frantic move around the office as you prepare for committee.

Once the catch-up or committee sessions are complete, the daily task of scanning through reports and finding ways to detail information in a succinct manner is tackled. The obtaining of information could take anything from a day to several, pending availability.

In between the daily movements, the chance to catch-up with colleagues at lunch of over a smoke break presents itself. The final stretch after lunch is typically when you start planning for the next day, unless an urgent matter arises, in which case priority comes to the forefront. Not too long after lunch, is it time to leave the office and hit the gym.

What I love about my work is that I learn about other countries, increase my knowledge my dealing with other stakeholders in the bank, and the flexibility that it offers. The confidence that is instilled in even the junior staff to present ton comittee members who are high up the corporate ladder certainly instills confidence in me.
Pros
The environment, the benefits available, the support afforded by everyone in the organisation.
Cons
Repetitive after a few years
5,0
Team work, equal treatment, team building, working under pressure, good benefits, opportunities for growth, good work environment, clear development plans.
3,0
Management kept changing work discriptions
micromanagement

I learned a lot about all excon rullings across, product and project management

Agile ways of working
Pros
Non
Productive and fun workplace
Grate atmosphere to work in where the staff is always eager for solutions to be provided and employees are taken care off
5,0
I worked at nedbank for 13 years including my contract service. My experience was great. Over the 13 year I witnessed as to how the bank evolved and just got better with there services. My fellow colleagues got along very well and we had a sense of unity in our cluster. Had an amazing team leader. That encouraged and support his staff to the best of his ability. Staff benefits were great.
5,0
Fast paced environment with room for growth, level of growth is very high and i would recommend anyone to work there any day. and i've achieved so much since i joined them
4,0
Nedbank is a very good place to work. The work culture is collaborative. The people are friendly, and you are well paid in relation to what is obtainable in the market.
5,0
Very fun and engaging environment. I definitely recommend seeking a position at this establishment. Work is engaging and interesting. Lots of helpful individuals.
5,0
Spent longer than 35 years at Nedbank. Like anything in life it had its ups and downs and fortunately there were more ups than downs. I loved being busy,put under pressure and delivering. I hated quiet times over holiday periods.
3,0
Nedbank is a great place to work. Very stressful environment but the people are very friendly. The hardest part of my job was change management and keeping up with compliance policies.
3,0
Start work at 7 am generally.

Learn to negotiate, structures deals, to deliver customer service and general admininstration.

Manaement has an open door policy, but there is still a sense of favoritism.

Culture is generally good, but office politica is visible.

Convincing Credit department to approve a new facility for a client.

Meeting new people.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Travelling and traffic congestion
4,0
Nedbank has a great work life balance and a very good culture. The bank also provides a great learning environment through their personnel development programme.
4,0
Nedbank is one of the big four banks in South Africa and therefore is very much a corporate, profesisonal environment.Nedbank's aim is to make it a great place to work so that happy staff provide service that makes customers happy

Nedbank is big enough to move around in and fulfill may various roles without getitng bored in one position.

As with many corporates, it can be tough to negotiate all the silos in the company
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Stressful environment considering country economics
4,0
Great place to work and Bank

Great Benefits and working culture

Agile and friendly colleagues

Great and Understanding management

Highly recommended
5,0
great place to work, less stress. it is a very supportive organization with many benefits that works very well to employees. We have bursary programmes which gives us an opportunity to grow.
benefits
Cons
pressure
3,0
This was a great place to learn. I learned a lot here however the culture is one that requires you to choose between family and work and is very unforgiving if you don't choose work. Especially to those who have young children. Deadlines seem to crop up without prior consultation or adequate planning and working late was more the norm that the exception here. You are not paid for working late and in many cases people don't even have time to take lunch. Front office does not plan effectively and routinely drops major deals with limited time-frames not actually seeming to fully understand the process that goes into fulfillment. Employee attrition is very high as most people can not deal with the pace or the high levels of stress that this role demands.
Pros
Interesting deals, Very smart people, Very hardworking people.
Cons
Unrealistic long hours, Pay differences between people who do the same thing can be almost double.
5,0
Head office environment created a feeling of professionalism at all times. My manager(s) were wonderful! Top management still manage with 'silo' mentality although, the culture around this is changing. I really enjoyed my eleven years at the bank!
2,0
working there is nice and i have learn a lot and met good people and the management dont have heart for they're employees in a way that if you want to see your self getting a better salary, you must be a puppy and spy and also skin count too. Culture is good, Hardest part is overtime's rate. The enjoyable part is that the's team building which is good thing cause employees do have to rest and know each other
3,0
Good company, too dependent on foreign skills and not grooming local talent. People are generally good and kind. knowing the right people helps kind of organisation.
4,0
I had a fairly good experience at Nedbank. I started of as a temporary employee and based on my performance and work ethics I was made permanent. I was a data capture and after a few years I was promoted to team leader.