Nedbank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Nedbank Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Left the company last year!! Good company to work for. I have learned a lot in terms of Admin, Events, Marketing, Organisation and Travel Arrangements.
Nedbank retrenched staff recently. People don't matter. Retrenched staff ignored and left business without goodbye or good luck. They just don't care.
I thoroughly enjoyed by experience working for a Bank! It was exciting and I progressed rapidly in a short space of time. My initial position was in Tellers and the balance between working with money (figures) and clients was amazing. I enjoyed reconciling the figures at the end of the day, and the administrative work that went with it. Before long I was promoted and thus exposed to other divisions which I thoroughly enjoyed as well. I was lucky enough to work at a new established branch which meant that I was required to perform tasks in different divisions.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
My role is responsible for more than half of the staff in the bank.I do observations and follow up when given tasks. My staff are hard working and team players but sometimes they get frustrated with all the training ,processes changing ,procedures that they need to adhere to ect.I try to motivate them and keep them going ,but I cat be held accountable for grown people that acts like children.I use to love my job working in the bank but the people and higher management has made it impossible for me to be happy .Its constant worrying a rush to complete most of my daily duties.
Pros
reimbursement for my overtime
Cons
im a hard worker and dont mind working overtime
A typical day at work would be firstly establishing the goals for the day. Obtaining the required resources from other divisions, systems and managers in order to complete the tasks. My job was a continuous learning experience, which is what I really enjoyed. Management is approachable and available, as well as co-workers, who are not only colleagues but have become friends. The hardest part of my job is having to rely on information from other divisions in order to complete my task. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing challenging tasks earlier than expected.
Pros
Staff mortgage rates
Cons
Long distance commute to work and back
A typical day began by default at a stepped-up pace. You have your own tasks to perform, do those first then assist where ever else you can. Respect those that have some authoritative value over you since they are placed in that role because they possess remarkable traits to be where they are. The co-workers are ambitious and always keep their families in mind. The ability to say no. A typical learning experience.
Pros
Variety of individuals with huge knowledge base.
A typical day at work includes meeting new clients, opening up new investments, Life covers etc. The staff is friendly, good working environment I do not think that there is a difficult part of my job the only thing that could be difficult is that you do not always have a happy client. Customer Queries are sometime endless.
Pros
Free lunches, finish work early on certain occations
Cons
Not a fixed salary, commission related
It is a great place to work.There are challenges here and there but they inspire people to work hard.If I could, I would take my colleagues with me if it happens that I have to leave.They made my stay a warm one.The hardest part is to persuade people to do training when they don't want to.I monitor compliance therefore I send letters to other staff members with outstanding compliance training on a monthly basis.Everytime we meet in the premises they call me 'Miss law and order' and ask me not to send them more letters promising to do the training.I found that amusing.
Pros
most of the services charged at staff rate for employees.
Cons
you do what you are told or else, disciplinary;fast
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nedbank?
  1. Administrative Assistant