Nedbank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Nedbank Employee Reviews for Bank Clerk

My love for customer service started at my previous job but it bloomed in this work place... I grew more and more fond of what I was doing every day. Yes, there are difficult clients but that is where I thrived the most, not resting until I have a satisfied client whether it was the outcome he/she expected or not. And whether I was recognized for it or not. It didn't matter cause I loved what I was doing
Pros
The employee benefits
Cons
Making target was a bit of a struggle. Sales was never my strong point but problem solving is.
Days at work are very busy as long as you focus on your work you will be okay... Make sure you are team player. And that you can communicate with your work friends. Iv have learned to be committed to do my best in everything make sure I learned new things help where I can. Make your customer satisfied/Happy.
I enjoyed working at Nedbank from 2008 till 2015 whiles I was a banker Teller, in 2015 i became a self service consultant until 2018 October . I heard a great team who supported me through out my entire being
Pros
Gifts, free vouchers nd recognition
Cons
working at the branch was so good because you get support from the team all the time, learning and growth is key you get given the opportunity to help out at all departments and it helps because if a staff member is missing the is someone on standby to carry out the duties, expectations were communicated all the times in meetings and feedback was always given to the team members
Pros
awards
Cons
moving from positions within the same area was difficult
There was continues learning for other departments as well so that when they were lacking behind I could assist. I was also helping my Manager with the monthly report and heading the Department when he is not there. We were supporting one another in the Department and had a healthy relationship. We used to celebrate mother's day, woman's day and it will be so much fun. I was doing a lot of community work with some of my colleagues. I would collect money from colleagues and we will buy staff for the Nkanyezi school and we will deliver to them and also at Christmas will buy presents for terminal I'll children at Baragwanatgh and enjoy with them.Right now I teach children happy living, I teac them self love, respect and responsibility that go hand in hand with their rights.
Pros
When we were very busy Management bought lunch for staff
Cons
Working on Saturday
Good challenging place, different personality of clients to deal with that make the experience interesting. Colleagues very tight knit and always willing to help each other out. Good opportunities for advancement and strong job security.
Pros
Everything except long hours.
Cons
One needs to be focused and well observing. Everyday there's something,different like the clients that come banking. Pressure of the accurate amount of cash in and outgoing. Culture is always welcoming. Being there at the right time to help and assist.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Queues
Morning meeting before we commence our duties, throughout the interaction with clients. A lot was learnt, eg learning to relate to individual clients, and people skills. Hardest part was standing almost the whole 8 hrs servicing clients. Most enjoyable was interaction with new people everyday, and my friendly collegues.
Pros
non
Cons
Long hours standing
Typical day at work starts with checking your balance for any discrepancies, and then preparing your work desk for the day, making sure that all your equipment is near you. We then would have morning meetings for any new information that we need to be aware of in terms of procedure and fraud. Then when the branch opens you must be by your workplace, ready to greet clients with a smile and address whatever query they need you to attend. The most enjoyable part of the work is in helping the clients who sometimes are in desperate need of their funds, seeing them walk out with a smile is a real good feeling. The hardest part was working with limited workforce and equipment.
Pros
great culture and professional training
Cons
poor management
Nedbank is one of the leading banks in transformation and takes great steps in protecting its staff and clients. There are great job oppotunities and learning programs.
Pros
learning programs
Cons
n/a
Job Desciption: -Interaction with clients -Administration of confidential documentation -Handling of money -Debitors and creditors -Sales and services Worked in Polokwane Limpopo in Business Banking and Main Branch for seven years.
Pros
Bonusses and Incentives
Cons
Normal banking hours
Very busy from teh start of day. Reports need to be completed. Staff are very willing to help. Sales target and goals must be achieved. Trying to understand customer wants and demands important. Ensure as bank teller you balance at end of day. Ensure all bank rules are met.
Pros
Work is easy to do.
Cons
Weekends
I personally have had a wonderful experience working for Nedbank. I strongly identified with work.outputs and. Loved my remuneration. Leadership could be improved with continuous training I would suggest.
Pros
Great remunertaiion structure. Good working environement.
Cons
I had a very good working environment at Nedbank. The staff and The Management are very professional. I enjoyed myself.
Pros
I enjoyed working overtime because the company was offering travelling allowance and Dinner.
Cons
Normal working hours
Gratitude To the management, who taught me how To do work professionally and confidentially, n having To learn dat company's assets have To Be protected.
Management style is impossible to work with taking into account what the Banking Sector used to be. New employees in this sector will survive because it would be something new for them. I came into the banking sector in 2003 when the overall goal was also customer service, these days it's all about selling.
Pros
Good staff benefits
Cons
Un achievable targets
A typical day can range from standard to extremely busy where a number of roles need to be adopted. First and foremost it includes checking cash draws, completing any newly released work assessments, staff meeting and admin; all before the bank opens its doors to the public. A standard day is about ensuring that our clients daily banking needs are met in the most efficient way possible. On busy days when the bank is full you have to step up and assist clients with other banking needs that are usually done by other departments. I have learned to work effectively as a team member and provide assistance to colleagues when management is not available. Such as authorising complex transactions. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with a diverse group of people on a day to day basis and seeing that their needs are met. As well as achieving personal and professional goals. The hardest part of the job would be working with certain colleagues who do not have a dedicated work ethic as I do.
Pros
Working with clients, providing a great service, internal learning courses
Cons
Not having employee performance managed correctly
Every day the morning would start with a branch meeting. This entails that all employees and management from all departments meet up and discuss the statistics of the previous day. Goals for the current day would be set out as well. After the meeting each employee returned to their working area in order to prepare for the day ahead. We would clean our desk, switch on computers and make sure we have all the necessary stationery. thereafter, we would assist clients throughout the day. I learned and improved on many skills while working for Nedbank. For example, how to multitask, interpersonal communication, how to reach targets, how to take then leadership role at times, the importace of listening attentively to the needs of clients and my superiors and how to work as a team. The hardest part of the job, was probably the fact that sometimes you have to deal with difficult clients. The one thing I en joyed most about my job, was interacting and meeting new people everyday from all walks of life
Pros
free staff functions, friendly and kind hearted management
Cons
long ques
I enjoy each and everyday at work because i always learn new things and my colleagues are super fun they also like seeing other people improve so they don't have a problem in helping out where they can. i don't have any hardest part yet but my most enjoyable part is when we discuss something new like how are we going to solve some problems or how are we going to improve because i really like it when we improve its become a good working environment for everyone
Pros
free breakfast