Nedbank logo
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Nedbank Employee Reviews for Banker

3,9Work-Life Balance

Found 35 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 515 reviews

team buildings was the main focus

face to face client interaction was the main key. Client service driven environment. Treating customers fairly and with respect. Work together as a branch to receive excellent results

Weak managerial structure.

When I was at Nedbank I never felt relaxed and at ease. The managers always threaten you with head office. Everything needs to be reffered to head office.

It is great place to work but with more adjusting and employee reconsideration the company could do much better.The place is amazing with great work mates and a friendly environment. The training facility is the best and quite understandable.

Target Driven

Sales Environment which is a cut throat Industry ,you have have to keep your self motivated and constantly seek out solutions for your short falls every month ,culture very target driven ,Support structure keep your self motivated

Pros

Salary

Cons

Micro Management

Extremely pressurised

no comment no comment no comment no comment Excellent training facilities and oppertunities. Market relate salaries. Good benefits. Work life balance neutral. Only the best staff taken in consideration. Always striving to do better.

I like working with clients as its rewarding every time

Working at Nedbank needs one to be passionate about client service. Employees' performance is appreciated and rewarded. Bonuses are great . The down side is working three weekends in a month.

Working for Nedbank Contact Center (No filter)

A day at Nedbank Contact Centre is spent mostly sitting down on calls back to back, sometimes there's not even time to take lunch you end up eating at your desk. I learnt about banking and how to handle clients from all walks of life, I have dealt with wonderful friendly clients as well as angry clients and got to learn a few things about myself. The good thing about management is they don't micro manage you, even team leaders don't, you are given a target to meet monthly, how you make that happen totally depends on you. The hardest part of this job is the stress and pressure that one works under and the impact it has on an individual, you get home and all you want to do is eat, bath and sleep like a dead person. The changes that take place are not implemented strategically, its either you swim or you die that's how they implement changes. The most enjoyable part of the job is the laughter, the jokes and the team spirit within fellow team mates.

Pros

Cons

Stress and pressure

Good management Learned how to apply hardworking at work. Working culture was good Very long driving Incentives rewards and staff development all times

Pros

More fun

Cons

Month end growd

Prductive enviroment . Staff are easy going. Managements are help ful and hands on

Very productive environment for sales but lots oc tension when targets are not met I enjoyed every bit even with the huge sales targets as I had a passion for my job . I also enjoyed interaction with clients and staff members . Team building was very much in focus . All staff were very involved in passing of leads and sales referrals to the bankers

Pros

No free lunches

Cons

Hours are as agreed in the contact 8am to 4 30pm

Review through my eyes.

Working though current client base to identify selling opportunities and focussing on exceeding contracted targets and build sustainable relationships. I learned to look at the clients need first and to build on going sustainable relationship. Management is there to guide us individually and as a team to achieve our goals. People centred organisation. Although I don't have challenges in my role, the hardest I fail to understand is when you want to improve yourself is to ask what experience you have when you apply as I do feel it can be obtained while doing the new role

Pros

oppertunity to grow

Cons

far from work, drive 282 km a day

Jobs at Nedbank

Banker positions
See more jobs

Good company to work for

Nedbank look after its employees. Nedbank were good to me and my family. Pension fund not so good. Provided me with good training to do my job to my best ability...

Pros

Special bonusses

Cons

Working on Saturdays

Good company

it was great getting peoples credit applications approved and seeing the joy on their faces. It wasn't so great when their deals were declined.A typical day at work would include signing up clients for all types of credit applications or bank accounts.

Pros

Happy Clients, Exceeding my sales, Top sales in the Eastern Cape

Cons

declined applications

a great place to work

my Job is really fun. I meet new people everyday.a manager of self. work flexible hours.I learned a lot through the Nedbank values.my manager is great.the pressure can make one frustrated but the rewards are of great value

Pros

flaxible working hours

Cons

targets

Productive and interesting

Challenging and interesting days. Lots to learn and many different and diverse cultures. I learned many administrative skills and there was no hard part to the position only learning curves.

Productive worth while expericence very enjoyable

typical day was interesting because i learned to interact with different people. no two days were the same except for target but very challenging but challenge accepted. i learned humility compassion and a great deal of understanding management was ok even though at times we had difference of opinions close nit we were all friends ready to assist each delivering bad news seeing a client satisfied with my service

Pros

free coffee

quite positive overall

Nedbank was one of the best companies to work for in South Africa and the Deep green aspiration was working wonders in the market place. The bank should have capitalized on the positive market towards it.

Challenging

Very challenging,interesting,exciting,security,system user friendly,open door policy,room to improve ,insentified,computable,productive fun working environment,flexible hours

Pros

Recognition

Cons

Flexible hours

The company is very productive

Nedbank is a great company to work for.They are really looking after their staff .They acknowledged diversity and cultural affairs.Great place to work .

Hard work

Working for a financial institution has great prospects when you are passionate about customer service and are willing to go the extra mile. I loved everything about it,my promotions came when i had not fully grasped some aspects but because the manager knew my potential and believed it me, i had a chance to grow within the company.

productive and team work

working and attending to clients queries and acquiring new business, with a great sales support team we work together to accomplish our goals. the best part of my job is knowing that i was able meet different type of clients on a daily basis and interacting with them , knowing that i am able to make a difference in an individuals life.

Secure and Enjoyable

I Started with Ned bank after school and grew with the industry. The Knowledge that I have gained has thought me an abundance. I would choose to work for the company at any time.

Pros

Growth, Security, Development

Cons

Longer hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nedbank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1