Nedbank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Nedbank Employee Reviews for Business Manager

Good working condition. They're people centered. Willingness to improve individual on their workshops on manager of self and management development. They're respect values
Be professional, honest and articulate. Nedbank is good on personal growth within the banking industry. The are very collaborative and have team spirit culture.
Pros
Good place to grow your career in Banking
Cons
Need to be head strong and cope well undef pressure.
I worked as an SBS Manager, a Relationship Management role that required me to be forever there for my clients and potential clients but i was seldom allowed to travel. Thus limiting my performance and eventually the growth of my portfolio. Given a chance, i would work for the company again.
Typical - Busy (70 % outside the office and 30% inside the office) Hardest part (managing many other divisions, business manager is the face of bank)
Pros
Learning about various types of businesses and Industries.
Cons
Long hours, targets, having to manage relationships with various divisions
Working as a relationship manager at Nedbank is a very rewarding job, looking after clients financial needs and acquiring new clients to the bank is the focus areas of the position.
I managed a portfolio of high end clients, mainly in the agricultural sector. Credit approval process was very dynamic, and I learned a lot from a highly skilled team.
Pros
dynamic environment
Cons
work life balance
Nedbank has been a very good employer over a long and fruitfull career. Whilst I enjoy the current sales focus in my career, I have a desire to return my focus to the discipline of credit management. Nedbank afforded me the opportunity to develop so many facets of my career such as credit, sales, project management, change management and strategic enablement, which is really testament of being a learning organisation.
Pros
Learning organisation
I enjoyed working at nedbank but the system nte is still behind compared to fnb hogan system but their remuneration package is much better and growth seems easy with the bank.
Cons
Hours are flexible
Client visitations to new an existing clients. This ensures we grow the portfolio, meet client needs and retain valuable clients. As a Business manager you are always seeking prospective clients to acquire. Dealing with commercial clients from different industries and learning occurs daily. Management constantly provide support to the success of the business manager. Love the workplace culture especially the client service team concept. The hardest part of the job is facing the rife competition that exists in the Financial Services Industry. The other downside is only been able to attend to admin at night or weekends as you are out for most part of the day visiting clients. For me, the most enjoyable part of my job is building valuable relationships with clients, stakeholders and networks.
Pros
Busines stravel paid for
Cons
Highly regulated and too many Government Acts to comply with
Best company to work for,driven by customer centric ,Always strive to achieve set targets Company with integrity in terms of working together as a team Collaborate through trust
Cons
Nedbank Business Manager
In finance you learn everyday, how to understand what a clients is requesting, their needs, and it is a wonderful experience, learning something every day There are changes made to systems constantly and it was an honour to work for the company for so many years
Nedbank is a reputable public company. They uphold good values, they care for the environment and help to uplift our communities. They promote work live balance.
Pros
flexi -time
Cons
continious changes in job description
The foundation of my banking knowledge came from my career at Nedbank. Have done a variety of jobs within the brand and really enjoyed most of my time spent with this brand. We have worked hard, but somehow found time to play as well. There was a culture totally different to that of other banks and I must add that I was always proud to say, I am a Nedbanker. The hardest part always to maintain total client satisfaction and the most enjoyable, was co-workers willing to assist with a smile whenever needed.
Pros
Well established brand to work for.
Cons
Mostly long hours and long distances to cover
Credit Duties  Analysis and Interpretation of financial statements.  Capturing financial data into Moody’s financial analysis spread sheet.  Preparing of credit applications and reviews.  Making credit recommendations, finalising and sign-off credit applications.  Conduct credit checks for all reviews and applications.  Release of Credit limits and on-going management of credit risk.  Review daily excess reports and Identifying early warning signals in client behaviour in order to mitigate risks.  Capture PD model (Basel MMRT) and handover of clients to credit risk.  Prepare cash flow projections and reviewof Debtor Analysis reports.  Supplying of bank codes, authorizations, preparing of COBs and ENC upliftment. Services Duties  Opening of Businesses&CorporatesCurrent Accounts, Private Banking Accounts, InvestmentAccounts, Foreign Currency Accounts and Registration of Internet Banking, Compliance Management and Operational Riskmanagement (FICA, KYC).  Processing of Credit applications for Vehicles and Asset Based Finance, Overdraft Facilities, Nedbonds, Commercial Bonds, Business Loans, Property Finance, Structured Finance, Global Trade (ITTs and OTTs), Residential Home Loans, Letters of Guarantees, Corporate Credit Cards, and Business Insurance.  Assisting Relationship Managers and Business Bankers on client visits, Marketing, Upselling and Cross selling of bank products and services.  Client Service, Solving Client Queries, and Clients Relationship Management.
Great Place to work in a challenging and stimulating environment in an organisation that affords me opportunities for growth and personal development. I aim to effectively manage my career development and increase my career literacy and global awareness.
The culture at Nedbank is amazing and it is a great environment to work in. I learn everyday as I deal with different types of businesses and really enjoy engaging with them and finding new development solutions for them. Being also in a management role has enhanced me to be able to deal with different individuals and personalities and finding adaptive ways of working with people under you and learning from them. The hardest part of the job is dealing with complex businesses but finding solutions for them to help their businesses grow, and the enjoyable part is changing and watching the business grow through your assistance and the fulfilment of granting the business credit that will enhance the business, nurture the business and seeing the business grow.
Pros
High class training
Cons
Salaries and benefits
Acquiring, Hunting, Retain and expand a client base that is external to the branch network to achieve sales and service objectives by proactively calling on new and existing clients, across of all the banks products (business Account and business owners account, Overdraft, Vehicle Finance, Business Finance, merchant facility • Looking over the whole Zululand/North coast Areas • Acquiring and sell Merchant and card solution including diner club international, cash management system to business, professional and retail stores clients and on existing nedbank client. • Attending all queries and merchant machine technical queries • Building and maintaining rewarding relationship with the clients • Effectively meeting the customer needs and taking the customers satisfaction and loyalty. • Assisting the customer in decision making on a product • Assist the client in starting up a new business and mentor the client for 2 years, ability to understand the concept of profitability and pricing, product display and mix, business like Taverns, supermarkets, butchery and bar, shops, doctors’ suits and franchise. • Attends business banking, branch network to present new and updated products, give update on leads sent by staff. • Networking and ability to build authentic relationship on different group of people. • Action and follow up on leads given by proactively identify and sign up new clients. • Develop micro marketing plans, run campaigns and promotions. • Achieving given sales target and increase portfolio turnover and growth monthly. • Ensuring that the client is using - more...
Dynamic Collaboration and Leadership A shift in Leadership style may be noted but can be improved on. Being effective whilst coping with administration and outdated technology. The people and the clients are what I love the most.
Pros
Quality Recognition and Job Security
Cons
Ineffective Operations and innovations
1.Attend to Excess Report 2.Attend to Leads 3.Load all interacions 4.Attend o Appointments with Clients 5.Prepare Appliationand submit to Crdit 6.Feedback to all clients 7.Attend Queries. 8.Dormant Reports. Financial Fitness Conversations with Clients
Pros
Always a Happy Client as iam people centred.
Cons
After Hours Work
Reviewing of Daily Reports Learned about financials and credit analysis
The day starts of with a mini client services team meeting for about 10 minutes if ther has been any problems. Learn how to solve certain issues. Managment helps in assiting get deals approved. Co-workers have a great deal of understanding and lend a helping hand most often. It is hard to get client to switch banks. It give me great pleasure when I come in with a better deal thank other banks.
Pros
Annual conference
Cons
Computer systems are not use friendly.