Nedbank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Nedbank Employee Reviews for Data Entry Clerk

Nedbank is a fun working environment. I like the culture and how every person no matter the culture is respected. The department I was working at, the team leaders, supervisor and manager were always there for the team and making everyone to feel comfortable
Pros
benefits, company facilities-gym
Cons
long contract agreements with no permanent positions
Wonderful company to work in. I used to work shifts and had a balance of my home and work life. The company allows one to grow in the business, especially if you have good management.
Benefits
Cons
Shift work
Good communication skills gained through serving clients. Putting yourself in the shoes of the customer makes you understand the frustration in them much better. The hardest job is servicing a customer that is not willing to listen to you because they are angry, shouting and even using vulgar words.
Pros
time off when you have worked extra hours
Cons
Had a lot of work that was due and was in a lot of pressure to capture all applications and respond to emails. Because I am working at an environment where one needs to be professional and respectful at all times, had a discussion with my manager on how I can capture all those applications within a specific period of time and still make the client happy. Volunteer on working overtime on the day and managed to capture everything. I have learned that team work is vital. I know that management should be corporative and be willing to take suggestions from staff members about work related matters. respect is a culture at all work place. the hardest part of the job is when you don't get any recognition for your hard work, it is really demotivating. Getting awards and prices for a job well done, team buildings and team outings when the team has done well.
Pros
Lunch from manager for targets achieved
Cons
Long hours and overtime
Worked in the processing department with Patsy and a whole other group of ladies. Worked long hours and processing is a lot of searching and digging through heaps of paperwork for queries for bank customers. I don't think people realise how much paperwork was involved in the banking department.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Fell pregnant and was on contract
>I have learned to differentiate between different documents that are required by FICA. >The managements' leadership was very good , they were helpful and always there for us when we need their assistance.
It was an open and friendly environment work at . The culture of the organisation was encouraging in a fork of it's open door policy . It was easy and efficient normal hours
Pros
end year function
Cons
normal hours
I worked in the Card Division , whereby I processed Card Applications , Store Applications and Screened the application to make sure details were correctly entered. I moved to Merchant Division where was trained on the Orion Accounting System and learnt what the Merchant Division actually does in the Banking Industry. Excitely , I was offered a position at Roshcon as a Creditors Clerk and that's where my career official started
Pros
No Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
I was temping there so there were no much benefits for me other than my salary. I was not qualifying for any benefits. but I received an award for working hard.
Pros
day off
Cons
over time
Though I was not familiar with IT functions - I had a big challenge of learning about the company Data Base System and the software that was used by the employees. I had to be able to understand in order to log their request. Moving and installation of PC's from one office to another also required a lot energy and hard working.
my typical day at work its when we have a backlog and we had to make sure we finish everything before we go home or sometimes when i am late .what i learned at work it was to work under pressure and having team work.i worked with a very good management who groomed me a lot my hardest part nothing was so hard when we work together as a team and getting recognised
call various companies which were on the companies database update their details and determine their BEE Status. Teamwork was instrumental in achieving the desired goal. Management was supportive and instrumental in training the staff. Fellow co-workers punctual and always willing to learn. Every individual involved was dedicated in giving a meaningful contribution.
I have learn a lot,how to work with people.What my goal isThe job securuty was super. Our life style was the same. We used to behave nicely. We used to help each other,
Pros
no free lauch
Cons
normal hours
My work pace is fun full of young vibrate youth we always help each other out by learning from one another.I work independently so I've learned that determination and passion its a key to enjoy your work.Management is 100% great and they are our mentors on the other side.When new products are introduced and when we got to learn new products in a day.Just working.
Cons
working on weekends and public holidays
I normally started in the afternoon and ended my day at 7PMmy co-workers were very friendly I had a wonderful experience working there where I learned a lot of new things which can be put into practise where ever I go, I feel as an indivudual certain night staff managers need to treat the staff with more respect.
Pros
one hour
Cons
its okay