Nedbank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Nedbank Employee Reviews for Loan Consultant

I had a great manager, staff appreciation, team work, family day, self development when you show commitment, many opportunities, access to learnerships,
Pros
Staff breakfast
Cons
Normal hours
The management sucks,they dont follow process they hire people based on that they know them,managers owned the company if the manager hates you, you will be streesed everyday and end up loosing your job
Based on my experience, my manager was not professional, but Nedbank overalls is a good company. I would work there anytime should i wish to go back. The only tjing that they should fix is having favourites if yoyr manager doesn't like you she makes sure you see the door. I know what I'm talking about and I've seen it.
Pros
Only on spevial occassion
Cons
Working on Sunday
NEDBANK was a fun working environment and was working on a monthly target as a sales and loan consultant. My typical day was to be on my computer dealing with clients who want loans and approving them, making calls to clients who applied for loans online, and once a week I would go on road show marketing. At Nedbank I have I learned Telemarketing skills and how to deal with people in a more professional level. I was under a great management and very professional workplace culture. The hardest part about this job was when I very difficult to meet monthly targets for loan applications that are approved because most people in SA have very bad credit record. But because it was a company that allows you to exercise your marketing strategies, I would present my plan to my boss then be allowed to go market on the targeted areas, that is the reason I enjoyed my job.
Pros
working 7 days a week
Cons
The environment of working in a bank is wonderful and people are always trained through workshops as well as online assessments are wonderful The levels of communicate are great as employees are always informed about what is happening in the company
Pros
Wearing nice
Cons
Commission based
Nedbank is a wonderful company to have worked for. The environment, the people and we had a great management team guiding and motivating us all the way.
Pros
Incentives where excellent
Cons
Angry & difficult clients
One learns everyday there's everyday something new to learn. Starting the day off by making your first happy call to a client whoms home loan has been approved. There are times where one has to liaise with credit manager eg,second bond hasnt been approved for the required amount. there was no real hars times, because one gets a daily task by calling people on your queue and then your done for the day. The work environment was good people who knew how to work with other people. The most enjoyable part of my job was the part where i made peoples day by giving them the good news that their bonds has been approved. what ive also learned was that a bond cant be approved for a much higher amount then the actual valuation amount. so thats where i had to liaise with the valuation department.
Cons
working as a loan consultant where we had to go outside and prospect for clients and open loans for our clients, the hardest part was to go to the client's house to open loans for them it was dangerous.
learned how to talk to different people since i was a mobile personal loan consultant. it was my first work experience.I ve learned how to strive to reach a target becouse our salary was based on commission.
Pros
bring your own
Cons
I love working at Nedbank, I would appreciate a position that is going to challenge me, I need growth, I am very easy at adapting. What I love about Nedbank is that you are not limited in growth, growth is there.
Having to go out on foot to meet clients and spent so much money that wasn't re-embust and management wasn't so great to work with. co workers were good to know and helped when things got bad.
Pros
self management
Cons
Not enough Growth
A typical day at works starts at 7am with checking in with team members on WhatsApp. Business to be landed for the day is shared. Business starting at 8am with at least 5 client visits before popping into the office. Office duties include emails from and to clients and colleagues, following up and submitting new applications on digital, motivations to credit managers and rate appeals. Daily reporting on pipeline business, deals lost, daily visits and updating calendar. 3Pm is time to check in with colleagues and manager again giving feedback on intake for the day. Late afternoons are for scheduling of appointments with agents, developers etc. Fridays are meeting days from 8am-11am. What I have learnt from my current position is that nothing can be achieved without team work and support. Always stay close to team members and management. Being organized, passionate and positive is a recipe for success. The hardest part of the job must be convincing strangers that you are the right person for the job and that they really need you for their business. Selling yourself is far more important than selling any product. There is nothing more satisfying than convincing a credit manager and being successful in motivating a difficult application. At the end of the day job satisfaction is all about a happy client.
Pros
Working independantly but still being part of a team
Cons
Chasing targets never stops
it was good, nothing much to say it worked for me for a little while and the environment and colleagues were good. i was glad to be around my home and working around my area and the job needed much attention and it was mostly numbers
Pros
great collegues
Cons
under pressure
A typical day at work would be when you get to work and do your job and also meet new people. I learned that i must always be patient and know how to manage my finances. The management was very helpful and taught me a lot about life because that was first real job it felt like home. My co-workers were like my family and we always got along. The hardest part of my job was not meeting target as it was also a sales job and also not being able to help some of my clients as their situations would'nt allow them cause we were lending them money. The most enjoyable part of the job was making sales and when i made sales obviosly the money was also better.
Pros
when it was your birthday you had a half day
Cons
when not making sales you had to go for meetings and coachings with sales managers
Since my job included going out I most of the times,that is how I got my sales experince,getting to communicate with different potential clients. It a nice place to work at with nice working environment, a support from sales managers is the one things that kept me going. Working with others as a team also helped me gaining experience in working with other
Pros
On going trainings
Cons
Normal working hours
Nedbank was my second home away from my home, the management was always nutral and fair ,,,they alway proffesional at all time, i worked with a bunch of lovely and lively people and they were all self driven and had different special charecaristics.
Pros
sales driven
Cons
minimum time required
My job requires outmost professionalims and great customer care. I have learnt how to deal with different individuals. My managers are very supportive and encourage growth. My co-workers are fun people to be around. Hardest part of my job is telling people that their applications have been declined. Most enjoyable part of my job is when clients come back to me to thank me for assisting with application and some clients telling me about their children being able to study.
Pros
i can grow within the company
Cons
commission