Nedbank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Nedbank Employee Reviews for Manager

It is a great place to work, if you are driven and focus and career driven. You must be self motivated and drive a healthy working environment and do things for greater good and be self driven. Your positivity must be evident and be part solution. Nedbank grows individuals for leaders of tomorrow.
I enjoyed my time at nedbank. There is a great emphasis on work life balance and employee well-being. There will always be challenges where human beings interact, however the culture is designed to foster collaboration, innovation and self development.
This was a great place to learn. I learned a lot here however the culture is one that requires you to choose between family and work and is very unforgiving if you don't choose work. Especially to those who have young children. Deadlines seem to crop up without prior consultation or adequate planning and working late was more the norm that the exception here. You are not paid for working late and in many cases people don't even have time to take lunch. Front office does not plan effectively and routinely drops major deals with limited time-frames not actually seeming to fully understand the process that goes into fulfillment. Employee attrition is very high as most people can not deal with the pace or the high levels of stress that this role demands.
Pros
Interesting deals, Very smart people, Very hardworking people.
Cons
Unrealistic long hours, Pay differences between people who do the same thing can be almost double.
excellent working condition. I would really like to get my job back at Nedbank Olwazini - Centre for leadership and management development.. It was great working there I resigned amicably and would like to get back again.
Pros
free lunches
What you put into a career is what you get out of it. Having spent in excess of 35 years at the institution I learned a great deal about life, people and a winning culture. Management tough on targets but extremely supportive. The workplace culture is great and was extremely happy in whatever role I fulfilled. Always believed that a strong team is a happy team who are passionate about what they do and you find a great deal of that in the Bank. Hardest part of the job was executing on tough assignments and the best part was achieving those numbers.
Pros
great environment and facilities.
Cons
in Johannesburg travelling is always tough.
Nedbank is a great company to work for yes, targets is stressful and the hardest part for me now is the travelling requirement Agree that there is job security and a high performance culture.
A job at Nedbank is just like any other place you can work and it is all about the Management. Management is also as strong as the support they get from upper management and other departments such as HR. I was privileged to have worked under excellent managers. Due to nature of business there are many security protocols to follow on a daily basis and it is advisable to make sure you as worker knows these procedures. The most enjoyable is the people that you work with. There are staff that can make your day or give you a hard time every day. The majority is the staff that support and render the excellent client service daily.
Pros
acceptable brick and mortar
Cons
work life balance and sometimes the lack of support.
Nedbank always put people first in everything because they know that if the employees are happy then company will get best results. Nedbank empower staff through trainings and coaching.
Pros
Recognition on top performer
My nedbank experience will never be forgotten in my life. This company grew me a lot and have me an opportunity to rise and lead at a management level. I feel I have the potential to perfom great in HSE world because of the foundation that I built at nedbank
Pros
Great leanership opportunities
Cons
Retail sales
Delivering on client service expectation both external and internal, managing of a team of 25 staff members, achieving results through MOO and MOM. Managing and controlling of expenses(approvals), coaching and development of staff, direct and cross-functional. Most enjoyable: making a difference in colleagues/staff members lives iro coaching, sharing information and work "hard" together. Hardest part: to step away from a staff member who is not prepared to learn and grow with the changes and challenges. Workplace culture: independence and managing a team that is geographically spread across the region, well balanced iro emotional intelligence, trust, respect and integrity.
Pros
Flexible work times / work-life balance
Cons
Travelling
Dealing with clients, staff, management is very hard and needs someone who is willing to lead and be lead as well, patience, knowledge and vision. I have learnt to deal with irate clients, demanding bosses and young and old staff, it is tough but have to be strong.
Pros
Learning
Cons
targets
We also work under pressure due to meet the demands of our clients. You've learn to deal with high irate clients and to deal with underperforming staff. You have to the middle man between your subordinate and your management as they both expect something from you. The hardest part is that you cannot trust anyone when it come to process the client request it must be in black and white to protect the Banks interest as well as yours. Its always enjoyable to resolve the clients crisis and they come back to thank you and you would said you did make things happen for the clients
Pros
Christmas lunch
Cons
This job entailed buffering between staff and management. Staff had to deliver on KPA signed for in the beginning of the year and a continuous balance maintained throughout the year was paramount.Hardest part of the job was meeting sales targets in a declining economy and the most enjoyable part was to lead a focused team that was dedicated to service delivery that could not be surpassed.What I have learnt was that every single employee is an important piece of the puzzle and without them the picture is incomplete therefore their contribution is very critical.
Pros
Learning Courses
Cons
Long Hours
Typical day work involves timely managing the overall work flow taking into accounts the time lines and deadlines. I have learned that working together makes things happen. Management is open to new ideas and innovation at all times. My co-workers are continuously learning new ways and methods of performing their duties. The hardest part of the job is that you always must be well informed about the changes, rules and regulations, pertaining to the financial market. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are always on the front line as far as knowledge of the market activities is concerned.
Pros
Overall changing environment
Cons
Growth ceiling
Most enjoyable part was when you get a recognition from the management after an excellent achievement. When I had to leave the company I loved because of management reasons.
Pros
offered a lunchwhen you went over your monthly target
Cons
workinghours were an issuie, start at 07h00 in the morning and finish at 18h00 afternoon.
Nedbank has a very diverse culture. I have learnt alot at Nedbank and with take my learnings into my next job. I enjoyed my job and every day was a better day.
Pros
Great benefits
I enjoyed working here, but am leaving as I have reached retirement age.
My typical day at work is when is the day of the function therefore everyone will not be productive. In Nedbank I have learned a lot regarding how handle clients in all different personalities and attitudes. My co-workers have been funtastic and understanding. My hardest part of the job is when i have to make a decisoion in order to give the client the bad news regard the state of the account. my most enjoyable part of the job is when i make clients happy and give them the feedback that satisfy them regarding the query they had with the bank.
Pros
We always have free lunches if we reached our monthly targets
Cons
We work long hours when there is a system changes.