Nedbank logo

3,9
Work-Life Balance

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 510 reviews

Fun workplace

I enjoy the fraud function, guarding customers funds and keeping their money safe. The most important thing is to always think like a fraudster and prevent fraud before it happens

Excellent place to Work

I have learnt a lot over the years and was always given a chance to grow and learn. Great Management team. Work culture is excellent. I enjoyed every minute and regret leaving the bank.

great environment

Great place to work,I learnt alot while working at Nedbank,the knowledge I gained from working for the company will forever be with me,great experience,great people

Great culture. Great place to work. People centred. Great leadership. Strive for success in everything. Set trends. A green bank. Innovative thinkers.

High quality and fun environment

My typical day at work as the Client Risk Profiling Analyst was to process the finding of the optimal level of investment risk for the clients, considering the risk required, risk capacity and risk tolerance. Learned on dealing with risk matters regarding investments matters involving banking clients. Management and co-workers were great, i had a great team, working as family/team. The hardest part was making sure that all variances are dealt with and dealing with a difficult team leader but eventually that changed as time went by. Best part was working with the best productive team. Team work and flexibility.

Pros

Benefits teambuiding, team lunches

Amazing Employer

Nedbank has made it it's goal to become the most admired bank in Africa by both it's clients and it's staff, I believe they really succeed in achieving this goal.

Its a nice place to work for

Nedbank Ltd look after its own employees, they value their staff although some divisions are still lacking in this field and they end up losing valuable people. The top management sometimes are responsible

Productivity and working with different type pf businesses and people

Review Small Business portfolios to establish if facilities awarded still is within laid down specifications. Contact clients that do not qualify to obtain a suitable reduction program or the possibility of passing the account to the Legal Department. To review a portfolio annual financial statements needs to be analyst to establish the financial health of the business concerned. Portfolios where the value are over my personal limit are forwarded to a Regional Manager to audit the decision.Products the are reviewed are overdraft facilities, residential and commercial property finance, asset based finance and global commitments.

Pros

The actual writing of reviews after all information is obtained.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind.

Fun workplace with a good work culture

Supportive colleagues, open door policy, expectation to work long hors

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Resilience while paying attentiion to detail is crucial

A Day at the Office

I get in the office @ 6.45 , I send out the Daily Task to my peers , i split the work in 1 of my peers is not in in, I generally teach my peers on a daily basis this is my way of improving my team, My Manager is a leader , he is not a policeman , he give you the tasks and requires feedback on the said date. I work well with my peers we gel as a Team we do not have differences at work, hardest part of my Job .when the client complains we closed his account without any communication , we then have to pull history , telephone recordings, comments on Debt Manager the collection system we use. I enjoy helping client to repay their debt , before taking the last resort which is legal, this is where we old 100% our impairments.

Pros

At Nedbank we get FBT Rate 1 on home loan and 2 on Vehicles

Cons

Work on Saturdays 1 in 5

Jobs at Nedbank

Risk Analyst positions
See more jobs

Enjoyable and focus driven

Most of my days at Nedbank consist of doing typical short adhoc requests that require some SAS coding. This being my first job was very exciting as I learned so mush in the first few months I was there. I had never done coding before and this opened my mind to a different skill. It was very rewarding. I remember thinking to myself whats all the gripe about people complaining about work. The people are great, management is awesome. It was my work honeymoon. The most difficult part of my job is all the routine tasks and the repetitive work involved in my work. It not so much the reporting. It is the mix between the repetitive work and task that were challenging. I found Visual Basic for Applications code in excel recently to be very exciting. It gave me a sense of achievement and all I wanted to do was do anything in excel, anything I could think of even if it was not work.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Repititive work and good balance

Very relaxed environment, fun workplace, success driven

A workplace where the management is great. Looking good after their employees. Fun workplace and relaxed environment.

Pros

benefits, flexible hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nedbank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1