Nedbank logo

3,9
Work-Life Balance

Found 121 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 511 reviews

Fun workplace

Nedbank is a good company to work for with a good code of ethics and good fringe benefits.The management structure is great.One can grow their career quickly at the company.

Pros

Good working environment

Cons

Working on weekends

A fun work olace in deed with different chracters

More on trainings I have attended,management is so supportive and co workers,hardest part when pressure is on you,sales sales sales all the way,going out for presentations,it is most enjoyable

Pros

Appreciations when uyou are on target

Cons

Its not an everyday dutiy to work long hours

Enjoyable and has its good and bad days

my typical day at work, plan my day as I need to achieve a monthly target, so every month I brake it into weekly target and discuss with my team what is required of us, daily I look at where I stand towards my monthly target and weekly, and give new challenge to the team to achieve what we still need, during the day see clients and sell products, refer what needs to be referred to other divisions, and work on achieving my daily 10 events I need for the day. some times have to go out to source business when there is not coming in the branch. I work well with my colleagues, it frustrates sometimes when we are not working as a team, even though each one has a target of their own, but we still carry the target of the branch and need each other to achieve it. The hardest part of the job is that any sales person is as good as their last sale, no matter how hard you work when the new month starts it all starts over again. The most enjoyable part, one meets different people, some coming with more that just what they came the bank for, some come and cheer you up from a rude previous client, and I get to learn different characters and how to deal with each one, but most of all is treating each customer with respect and same dignity whether they are low income or a millionaire.

brain storming at cafeteria

cut off dates meet targets on time management assist it terms of meeting company requirement co-workers assist with an extensive team work dealing with difficult client meeting my target

Pros

team building

Cons

going extra mile

Productive and fun workplace to work in.

Sometimes it is stressful to work with people but you have to give them what they deserve at all times. Learn to love them and be friendly at all times. They are good to me always teaching new ways of becoming a successful in sales industry. Working as a team supporting each other at all times. When the Client decide to cancel the deal at the last minute. When the client are open to learn about banking industry and about the services we offer to them.

Pros

Sharing work eperiences with co workers during free times.

Cons

Working under presure unnecesarily

High expectations in delivering

What I enjoy most about my job, is helping people finding the best suited product for their need. I get along with my co-workers and we work together as a team. I had no previous sales experience and learned a great deal about products and how to deal with various clients. I always try my best and is a self starter.

I like working in a friendly and welcoming environment.

I have learnt to make decisions on my own and I was my own manager working alone.The hardest part was to work in an unfriendly environment,

Pros

Normal lunch time

Cons

8am to 6pm

focus days are very fun and i get to meet more new clients.

i learned different languages by interacting with clients . i like the nedbank management style its so hard when we strive to meet a certain target focus days and going out to companies for business

A great programme for unskilled graduates

An exciting place to work, the opportunity to interact with different people from all works of life, the opportunity for growth and development is highly motivated and encouraged.

Pros

Acknowledgement from management for hard work

Cons

a typical day at work is when the client is unreachable when we have a query to pay out the loan as we need some information from the client.

Pros

Management is very helpful solving some challenges in the work place

Cons

working every weekend

Jobs at Nedbank

Sales Consultant positions
See more jobs

Productive and good environment

Good place to be with professional staff. Documents are processed on time and follow-ups are always done with clients. I have learnt that working with a lot of people requires patience and good listening skills. The co-workeres are suplementary and are always there to assist when additional work is needed. The hardest part is the fact that one has to walk from one branch to another on foot and becomes bad during rainy or hot weather. The most enjoyable part is that there are always professional people to assist with certain transactions.

Pros

short working hours

Cons

long hours month end only

i love sales

i have learn how to be a team player,i did get along with my co-wokers

Pros

lunch hours were normal

Cons

working hours were normal as well

a day at work

morning meeting with the teamaddress problems we had the day before eg. system problems, meeting target ect.praythen start with completing all sales done day beforeconfim employment and load all documentsstart dailing for new saleswell we learn somthing new everydaythe hardest part of ,my job if the data we get is not getting us any sales.what I love about this is the joy that clients get when they get to know they can save money and yet get more benefits from the products we offer. and knowing you have helped someone out there.I work well with my team mates we assist each other and as I can speak Zulu and xhosa I assist them with those calls when needed.

Pros

the fun we have with everyone and the spirit we bring to the team

Cons

salary

Challenging with lots of responsability

Sales, sales and sales targets. Enjouable is to help a client achieving their dreams( eg. car, home, bussiness, education or just saving for a dream holiday). Management leaves you most of the time to achieve your targets on your own. Hardest part is to dissapoint a client when they do not qualify for certain products. Although you work for an individual target it is imprtant that there is teamwork to acchieve a collective target for the Branch/Reagion.

synergy and sucess

have a great managermy co-workers are very helpfulhardest part is breaking disappointing news to a clientenjoayable part is making my targethave laerned responsiblity and respect

Continuos learning and growth

Nedbank is a big financial company with a lot of different department that one can grow into. It is however very difficult to get posts advertised if u don't know anybody working in that particular department. I used to enjoy my job very much and eventually got bored due to the fact that i was doing one thing everyday and it was no longer challenging for me. I then tried applying in different departments without any luck i then decided to go back to school full time since i had a wish of going into information technology one day. The exciting part was when one has to go out of ones comfort zone in order to get sales and to meet the expected target.

Pros

we used to go out for breakfast once a month if we meet our expected monthly target.

Cons

having to work extra saterdays because the branch was going to be very busy, if your colleague is sick, if you want to work overtime.

Informative and secure place to work.

I can't really say that I have a normal day at work. Each day bring something new to the table. I have gained exstensive knowlege about the products that I sell, trained a lot of co-workers as well. I love when I can assist a client and the client is eternally gratefull. It is difficult when a job becomes less challenging then I feel that I have to move. I will still recommend Nedbank to anyone who is interested.

Pros

recent hours of work.

Cons

i'm use to the stress/pressure levels that we must work under, but it comes with the job.

Target Driven

Working at Nedbank as a sales consultant is lots of hard work,it's a target driven position.I have been performing really well with my sales.We see clients from the time doors open till they close.I enjoy assisting client's and inacting with them.I learn alot by interact with co-workers and my client's.The hardest part is the salary,the salary doesn't suit the type of work that I produce.

Pros

no pros

Cons

rarely take a break

Hard working target driven

Trying to get 10 sales on the book for the day. See to client queries. Treat people as you like to be treated. Get along with all the staff and have team building on a regular basis. Good company to work for. Always to be honest admit your mistakes and learn from it and move on. I enjoy meeting my target and engage with clients

Pros

staff is their most valueable asset

Cons

sunday working

good company to work for

Start every morning with a sales meeting to reflect on previous day's performance and to plan for the day ahead.I learn a lot about client services and selling skills.Good managers.Good relationship with co-workers.Nothing hard about the job and the most enjoyable part is meeting new clients daily.

Pros

meeting sales targets

Cons

saturday work

interesting working environment

My typical day at work starts with branch meeting/ branch briefs, and submiting the previous day's paper work. I work with very helpful individuals who understood that I don't come from a banking background, so they always assist when I need assistance. I have learned the importance of giving clients a world class service, always being of assistance when quiries arises, and the do it first time right policy. The Banking sector is very interesting, learning all about money laundering, compliance, the different products offered and the importance of honesty. The hardest part would be dealing with extremely difficult clients, and the most enjoyable has to be interacting with differnt people and making someone happy, when you hear someone at the end of the day coming back to you and thanking you for your advice and satisfied by the service you rendered.

Pros

great relationship between staff and management

Cons

definitely long working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nedbank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1