Nedbank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Nedbank Employee Reviews for Sales Consultant

Nedbank is a good company to work for with a good code of ethics and good fringe benefits.The management structure is great.One can grow their career quickly at the company.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Working on weekends
Colleagues all get along well with each other, fun atmosphere yet professional when clients are in the building. I wouls say sales is the hardest part of the job
Pros
great learning and development team
Cons
difficult to take a full lunch hour
Every morning you meet your team leader and produce a daily plan,then later give update. How to treat and communicate with clients they coach and guide. Ethics are very important Is to wait for walk in business Team outings and Celebrate our successes.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Work politics
A great place to work just be oreparrf to work under presure always as there is no time to relax. Make time for everything as time management is very important. Look out for self dont be tempted security is tight and stick to the rules.
Pros
Appreciation day
Cons
Dnt take care of employees
This position was flexible. I would be involved in all areas. Selling to clients, negotiating with buyers on big projects. Accounting and finance work. Everyday would be a interesting challenge.
Pros
Interesting Job
Cons
Accounting package was not effective in controlling stock
Represented Nedbank KZN in Cape Town Cold calling Maintained a positive attitude Time management Self- discipline Healthy lifestyle to keep a balance.
Pros
Staff incentives on performance
Cons
8 hours
daily target meeting. prior planning, fairness , team spirit and hard work, not meeting targets, client interaction and resolving client problems and meeting their needs.
Pros
late lunch
Cons
going home late
The day to day operations required running the client service center branch. I learnt to work independently. The regional manager was supportive and visits the branch on a routine of 3 times a week. The workplace culture is good everyone is a team player. The hardest part of the job is when some gets declined because they don't meet the requirements and there's nothing you can do. The most enjoyable part is to be able to help someone who is in desperate need.
A great place to work. Nedbank provides sufficient training to the staff. Nedbank has taught me the skills i have learned and provided me with the opportunity to learn and grow.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
The products are upgraded all the time and they provide training for them. The hard part was to work under pressure and with difficult customers.Teamwork was crucial because we worked with different products
Pros
knowledge of banking first hand
Cons
working under pressure
i always enjoy when its month end and the branch its very busy but all client are happy with service they getting, i learned that there is no client is important than the other, All your clients must get good customer service. try by all means to speak the language that he/she understand. Stick to company policies and procedures you will not go wrong Dealing with difficult client that does not give you a chance to talk when my staff is happy and clients are happy,
at my time at nedbank was a fun filled 1 learning the financial trade. my stay was short lived as it were on a temporary contract. would have loved to continue my work there however that was not possible at the time.
Pros
proffessional
Cons
contacttual
It was a great opportunity for me to work for this company we always had a good.if you do good you would be recognized by incentives n large bonuses.the staff was always put first.
Pros
Free lunch hours
Cons
I learned how to be a manager of self, how to be patient, how to deal with people and they are different, and how to tackle challenges strategically, time management
Cons
Wellbeing not considered in terms of working environment and uniform, medical aid too expensive and compulsory
Productivity and is the company to work for and i would like to grow from the company and to fulfill all my needs .i have kids so for me to work for the company i will be able to take of my kids
Pros
Free lunches and if i worked over time i must earn more
Cons
I can work long hours and even on public holidays
same as african bank the different is we travel to meet client and different companies . doing my monthly target was very important . the hardest part of the job was going out to a client the the applicant gets declined
Cons
The job allows you to interact with people and it develops your thinking ability. It helps to develop time management skills and target achievement. The environment entails a very broad understanding of the business environment and gives room for personal growth
Im was doing cross- selling, target im was opening bank account, funeral plan, personal loan and im hard work, pro-active and i don't mind working as a team i love challenge.
Pros
free training
Cons
The work culture is good. I loved dealing with clients. I learned everything about banking and client service with the company. Sales was my focus for most of my career.
Pros
Client interaction
Cons
Career progression
A day at work only only 7 hours and 30 minutes long which included meeting new people every day, rendering the best service ever and most importantly, meeting target. My manager was extraordinary, we used to get rewards and recognition for our hard work and for me that was the best part of my job, being recognized for my efforts.
I enjoyed my time there, even though it was a very short period of time. But I represented the company very well. I was professional from start to finish however it was tough but I did my part.
Pros
Incentive