Nedbank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Nedbank Employee Reviews for Sales Consultant

Nedbank is a good company to work for with a good code of ethics and good fringe benefits.The management structure is great.One can grow their career quickly at the company.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Working on weekends
The first thing was to hold a brief meeting with Area Manager to discuss the previous day's business and to plot the one ahead. The next step is to call my BDO's (Sometimes on teleconference) to discuss the previous day's business and set up targets for the current day. This would also include reviewing our monthly target progress. I have learned that in order to lead people, you have to work harder than them. The workplace culture can be summed as that of accountability form all parties involved. The hardest part of the job is doing performance management especially with an underachiever. The most enjoyable part is being recognised because of hard work
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Travelling
Working at Nedbank I was exposed to a lot of information about knowing your business and the clients you service. My branch was the busiest in the area and we performed functions and dutites that were different from other branches. We were always busy so we never had issues with hard work. We often won branch prizes like free lunches. I gad a great relationship with my manager so going to work was always rewarding knowing I always had support.
Pros
winnings brach prizes
Cons
growth within banking can take too long as well
Brilliant organization to work for. Loads of growth opportunities. Love the fact that Nedbank does not believe in retrenching staff but rather placing staff in other available positions. Blessed to work with the Nedbank brand which magnifies fairness and integrity within its organization.
Pros
Does not believe in retrenching their staff
Cons
Sunday trading.
I need to spread my wings and explore other opportunities because I feel like I am getting comfortable where I am at the moment and from what I always hear comfortability does not take you anywhere. I am a young women who has worked on different banks and working on the banking industry has taught me many skills and I have gained lots of knowledge and awareness. From what I have learned I would like to combine all those lessons and implement them on a completely new environment.
Nedbank is a great place to work for.. They look after there staff and clients too. They put allot of time and effort into development of their staff. Hard work is always recognized
Pros
Recognition
Cons
Sales pressure
there is time for work and time for fun . everyday we learn something different. management is awesome always there they have an open door policy. great place to work
Pros
managment
Cons
change
workplace culture is that pour clients are our business we need to take care of them, the hardest part is when trying to educate the illiterate about financial management and how to bank digitally. The most enjoyable part is when the client finally understand what you saying and you can finally see the effect of the information given to the client
Pros
clients get to appreciate me
Cons
sometimes we have to push beyond boundries and go to construction sites for clients
Nedbank is a good company it can help you develop your capabilities,improve your skills and development,multitasking
Pros
Training and development
You learn too multi skill by working working different departments,lots of product knowledge nd learning and development ,sales consultant you are required to sell all products ,abt 15 to 17 products with different targets
Pros
Great exposure into financial world
Cons
Too many lines in terms of products u need to sell
Value staff,give support and consider their well being for them to be productive.listen to their opinion.guide them accordingly allow change if staff request.
Nedbank limited was a very interesting journey for me, I loved working there until my contract comes to an end. Nedbank limited was agreat work experience for me, I learned a lot from their Banking system.
Pros
Learning and provided with lots of training
Cons
Working inside Pick n Pay looking for customer who will open new bank accounts, it was not easy cause most of the time people dont want to be bothered, on their lunches or while doing their shopping. It was a challenge but it will motivate you more.
Good place able to make friends. Place where you can find good customer care. Provide with professional training. Being guided every time. Group gathering to discuss group achievements and lift each other when someone is lacking.
Pros
Free training
Cons
During weekends busy
The Company is a good company that someone can work for. The benefits especially for medical aid and the management they put on branches are not good but it depends not all the managers are bad. What I've enjoyed is that I grew up under their wing. It felt like my second home.
Pros
Staff Recognition
Cons
working on weekend
I was working as a sales consultant, prospecting new business and keeping of existing relationship with existing clients. enjoyable part is when we having team building, I love doing some certain activities. we were working as a team and had respect for our clients and co-workers. What I did not like about what I was employed for was that I was limited to some product.
Pros
training
Cons
Fraudstars
To achieve business goals we have to work as a team and aim on monthly target to achieved selected target set for a month, team spirit is the main priority of goals to be achieved,
Cons
Everyone always looked forward in seeing what the next day would bring, Together as a team you could achieve a lot. management was very focused and transparent, co-workers were a lovely bunch of hard workers .
Pros
short hours
culture is important and the company vision 2020 is productive. They put clients first...and have respect, and growth towards their clients.
Pros
values are very important
Cons
Client based and constantly hunting for new clients. Serve clients depending on what their financial needs are. The Hardest part of my job is the hunting of clients. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I reach my target.
I learned a lot in terms of providing the best service and striving to be the best, working without being supervised and producing the best results
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Smith Street was an amazing workplace and the management understood that I am hungry for growth and took me through that and watched me grow. Targets were a bit high but managed to secure 2nd place Nationally through hard work and determination. The challenges helped me grow and have thick skin.
Pros
Free lunches and day off on your birthday.
Cons
Targets were extremely high