Nedbank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Nedbank Employee Reviews for Specialist

Best banking culture and team support, best values in all branches. Clients are always put first. Great working enviroment. Was the best working experience I ever had with the best Branch Manager.
Pros
Banking hours
Cons
Nedbank is defintely a great place to work, lots of opportunities, very people centred and real caring bank. My tipical day is a stress free one, dealdline aside, its a place that you want to come to because of the people, the culture and professionalism.
Pros
Job Security
Open discussions and open door policy which allows you to ask and learn whenever to need guidance. You are also exposed to a lot of banking regulations which you need to understand and be able to interpret in order to apply them. Allows self management.
My Job allows me the opportunity to upskill myself, I am able to share ideas and put them into practice which is very motivating to me. I also get to network with other clusters to find out how they do things differently to achieve their goals.
The training at Nedbank was excellent because of the way remember when we went for orientation they guided us and show us everything on how the bank operate, and also the was free food during the training session ,they give us some vouchers and also u eat breakfast ,lunch plus refreshment. And the work place culture was hectic sometimes as I had to learn to cope with people who do things in different ways and some of them they just hate you for no reason some of the are bullies but I had to survive in order to feed my family, and the hardest part of the job was to reach the deadline in time where as the volumes are too high but I only fail to reach deadline in time after that I was fine, And the management was not that bad we just have some managers who are not good and who hates people for no reason but most if the they are the best they assist you all the time they understand if you are a slow learner etc.But the most enjoyable part of the job is that I am learning new things, things that I did not go to school for and that made me realise how wise I am and no job it's difficult for me any job I can work.
Pros
Free Gifts for new staff
Cons
Too cold because of the lake next to the campus
Start the day early by handing emails received over night, prepare for the day so when the rates come out from treasury I can start contacting clients regarding their maturities, Handle emails and phone calls from clients and stakeholders in the business. To stay focused when the pressure is on, making sure you have handled all the maturities, emails and phone calls . What I love about the job is the relationships and trust I have built up with my clients over the last 9 years
Pros
Trust I have built up with my clients
Cons
Nedbank is a wonderful company to work for. They hold strong respect for their staff and value diversity within the organisation. I am proud to have been part of Nedbank for over 16 years.
Challenging work environment as perfection is key to ensure client satisfaction and day to day work productivity in the work place. it has taught me alot over and above my previous work experience
Client based, needs perfect communication skills, time management is important, quality of work is very important, output of work matters the most, fun
I have worked at Nedbank for 17 years of which the most were enjoyable and fulfilling. The culture in the Group function has changed significantly during the past 2 years, and I feel that I need to look for new opportunities that are in line with my values and career aspirations.
My current role of responsibility responsible is managing, growing, and providing solutions for a large diverse client base in Gauteng. On a given day, during the early hours you will find me speaking to the clients, finding out – proactively – what their priorities are for the week, communicate the clients’ needs and organizing my schedule around the client’s priorities. I do this on Monday so that the rest of the week is well organized and I can effectively use my time in exceeding client’s expectations and avoid Friday evening surprises. Rest of the week goes in delivering the product(s), updating the status with the client, answering emails and calls. I have learnt that relationships are important working together with people who inspire me, challenge me and constantly teach me new things every day. Having great Networks encourages strong support systems. The more you build close connections with people you admire and trust, the more successful you will be. Find small wins in every day - You will always have good days and bad days, but it is important to identify something every day that you see as a win. Focusing on the positives will help you stay confident, balanced, and motivated and it will keep you in good spirit. Go the extra mile for your teammate - “Be a builder, not a climber,” and it really resonated with me. Since then, I have been passionate about building success with my team, rather than trying to climb up the ladder alone. If you are kind and genuinely willing to help those around you, you will help create a satisfying and successful work environment - more...
I coordinate transformation value chain for Nedbank Group. Corporate culture is quite interesting and it gives one a challenge to link every process to business results. Management is great and promotes a conducive environment for all employees to succeed. Co workers are friendly and supportive and the fact that they are highly competent is motivating. The difficulty with the job is that the education system and job market are not providing a pipeline from the designated groups and this requires one to steadily realise transformation goals. This job is not boring as it involves change management and more engagements and I enjoy engagements and influencing people.
Pros
All services one needs are within the campus
Cons
Situated in traffic area
My typical day is to download reports and monitor and detect anomalies found and escalate accordingly. I also check telephone payments made and update accordingly. I have learned processes and how to effectively and efficiently use Microsoft products such as excel and word. I would say management needs transformation, more black people need to be trained and appointed in managerial roles as part of transformation. The hardest part of the job is growth as a black male South African. The most enjoyable part of the job is working for an organisation that has a culture that promotes the working environment to be a great place to work.
Pros
Cons
Growth
Nedbank is a good place to work for, the culture and work ethics that its based on assists people to live on those values
Pros
Exposure and Growth
Cons
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Nedbank. They gave me ample opportunity to grow career-wise. Worked with two amazing colleagues.Feel very passionate about strategic sourcing as i'm very analytical and strategic thinking. Loved the variety and challenges.Nedbank believes in training and up-skilling so had the opportunity to attend various training sessions.We were allowed to take ownership of our commodities and therefore were allowed to interact with other companies from a benchmarking and best practice perspective.
Pros
each day was different
Cons
salary was not market related