Nedbank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Nedbank Pay & Benefits reviews: Teller

Unstable systems causes unnecessary extra stress to an already stressful environment with lots of cash and cameras all over. Salary not bad, but not worth the amount of stress. Good company perks which keeps me from changing to a different employer.
Pros
Holsboer vacations and school fee financial help. Staff rates, corporate wardrobe, strict policies to help cover both bank, employees and clients.
Cons
Unstable computer programmes which causes constant problems, creating more work stress and inadequate service to clients.
Great place to work , great company benefits, staff is friendly and supportive, relationship building is very easy when you know your clients. great products
Pros
incentives
Cons
long hours but beneficial
Nedbank do not see their staff as an asset and are unfair in their labour practices. They expect long hours but do not pay overtime. Their managers are unprofessional
Pros
Cons
Unfair treatment, long hours, non payment of overtime
I honestly looked forward to the bonuses as it encouged me to do my level best but month to month salary it wasnt enough and growth was very slow with
I did enjoy working at Nedbank but unfortunatly i have to move to Pretoria cause I was working at Limpopo .Nedbank is good company to work for, benefits are very good.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Nor
i have started at nedbank ion 2009 june, as soon as i finished matric. i had fun working there, but sadly they have never given me an increase, for 7 years, i was just always on the minimum wage.
Pros
lots of benefits
The work is interesting and challenging. Workload is ever on the increase. Organisational culture and vision is good. Overall experience is good. Salary is average. Not much room or opportunity for growth in KZN.
Pros
Challenging and busy
Cons
No room for growth
Great experience and also self development, create manager and good salary, reason for living was far from home. Developing opportunity as individuals
Cons
Being a teller at this company was the same job day in and out. The only difference was the clients on a daily basis. Unfortunately alot is expected from tellers without a good enough salary is paid.
Pros
Cons
Saturdays and Sundays at some branches
great place to work has many benefits always supporting staff makes them not feel like a number salary is also great. doing the same thing every day
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nedbank?
I enjoyed working for Nedbank, i had a great team and worked with experienced and fun individuals and they created a great working environment. My main problem there was the routine, it was a very monotonous job, doing the same thing everyday and it was not challenging. It was always meant to be a learning curve for me, to gain experience and expand my CV, get a good work ethic and professionalism and to prepare me for this great opportunity which is what i wanted to do, to be, a Project Manager.
Pros
Working hours, overtime, benefits, medical aid, pension. etc.
Cons
No expansion, growth
Because i'm an experienced teller I knew exactly what was expected of me and I did it in such a way.
Pros
Yearly increases and bonuses and company benefits
Cons
Working on Sundays
distance to work long hours nice colleagues short lunch hours
Cons
Arrive earlier than other employees, open the branch with another collegue. Intialise work station, report to back office at 8am for our daily morning meeting. Sales figures, Conformance Training, Spot Checks on cash and documents, team building exercises are all done in our meetings on a weekly basis. The branch opens at 9am, so i return to mt teller counter and open the branch to attend to clients who need to be assisted with their accounts. Once the bank closes, balances of cash in float and treasury are done. I really learned to work under alot of pressure and had to become a people person as I was dealing with people on a face to face basis. Management was not the best as there were alot of personal feelings that dictated situations. They lacked in seeing potential in most staff and had the tendency to threaten or stifle their employees. The hardest part would be the constant amount of footfall that came through, especially at the end of the month. The most enjoyable part would be, that feeling of satifaction when actually help someone and can make someone elses day better.
Pros
Benefits, team building, occassional free lunches
Cons
long hours (weekends- including sundays)
nedbank was a good place to work,co-workers were friendly and always helpful,i have learned alot there about how to manage money and manage people as i was a team leade also.Management was good and they knew how to handle things and peoples problems.
Pros
recognised for hardworking
Cons
i would like to work at nedbank, it will give me more experience, and i will wish to be permanent and work there for good
Pros
lunche
Cons
extra time