Nedbank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Nedbank Culture reviews

It is a great place to work, if you are driven and focus and career driven. You must be self motivated and drive a healthy working environment and do things for greater good and be self driven. Your positivity must be evident and be part solution. Nedbank grows individuals for leaders of tomorrow.
Worked in sales which was naturally a bit stressful however management is supportive. Nedbank systems are reliable and management gets involved. You are allowed to work independently and as part of a team. You are challenged cognitively and the business invests in their employees.
Pros
Incentives and salaries are market related
Cons
Can't think of any
Good company to work for. Great culture and working environment. Lots of growth opportunities for an ambitious person who looks to make headway in the financial services industry
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
Working on weekends and holidays
My perspective: Nedbank was not only an employer but a teacher for me within the many moving parts of an iconic legacy that was a co creator of Corporate South Africa. I learned to entrench my deep value for human capital as the culture promoted this manifesto. Furthermore the strategic intent was simple yet bold and held no mystery as to the underlying objectives. I learned many complex business and financial skills and saw myself as a part of an organisation that recognised and rewarded my value, trusted me and my output. Management, as with any financial institution was formal, but not to the extent of throttling creativity and passion. We had great leadership from the CEO, my direct line senior executives, other c suite executives that were accessible executives and not ivory tower untouchables but real approachable human beings. The hardest part and the best parts of this role was to be a part of something that became part of your dna which gave you the purpose to roll with the punches.They support from my immediate and extended teams together with the executive line support made my transition into Corporate South Africa very meaningful, educational and courageous.I am grateful for this experience that changed my life and impacted my worldview,
Pros
Valued for your humanity.
Cons
Long hours and expected bureacracy
I enjoyed my stay at Nedvank. ceru short as I was on contract. However, the exposire that I got is one that cherish to this day. i had a misfortune of having a miscarriage during that time. I thank God that I was in an environment where my HR executive was so supportive and doubt I could have received a better support anywhere else.I wish I could have had a longer stay.
Pros
Appreciated the last Friday of the month drinks even though I do not drink alcohol.
Cons
Hope the Wealth culture was across the company.
Best banking culture and team support, best values in all branches. Clients are always put first. Great working enviroment. Was the best working experience I ever had with the best Branch Manager.
Pros
Banking hours
Cons
Nedbank was a great place to work at. The staff was super supportive and the teamwork excellent. What made me leave after 11 years was the fact that i was stand in for my branch manager and team leader but never got or new about positions available for team leader positions. I loved my clients .
Pros
You can study while working
Cons
Pressure
Can't say enough good things. Great company to work for. Loved working there. Great culture and work environment. Lovely co workers. Great management
Cons
I thought this company is exceptional and the people who work there. It is a very relaxed atmosphere where everyone works independently and everyone is successful in their job responsibilities. There is training monthly to keep you up to date with changes.
there is no growth in business banking and the fact that corporate is only at Johannesburg is also a bad side of working for Nedbank because in other provinces you are only limited to Banking.
Pros
Great culture, fun, great leaders, support, and personal growth
Cons
stressful environment
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nedbank?
Be professional, honest and articulate. Nedbank is good on personal growth within the banking industry. The are very collaborative and have team spirit culture.
Pros
Good place to grow your career in Banking
Cons
Need to be head strong and cope well undef pressure.
well i grew a lot at Nedbank with regards to management due to lots of trainings and coaching sessions. I was able to archieve position 1 nationally for the best personal loans branch.
Pros
management trips
Cons
paperwork
It was great working at Nedbank an awesome work place. I started there when I was 21 but I have grown with them I have learned alot through my peers and colleagues.
Great working culture Good leadership from top management One company that is strict with risk mitigation. Care for its employees. Opportunities available for employees to learn and grow.
Pros
Management communication is good. Support structure.
Cons
Lots of pressure with system challenges.
There is a lot that need to be done with regard to management as i strongly feel that they abuse their powers and not supportive at all when comes to staff. Most of them are bosses not leaders which set a very bad example and in terms of leadership and affect the company s reputation
Pros
Culture not practiced well
Cons
No fairness
face to face client interaction was the main key. Client service driven environment. Treating customers fairly and with respect. Work together as a branch to receive excellent results
More management interaction is needed. Employees suggestions need to be considered more. Otherwise good environment. Good office culture. And benefits.
Pros
Great place to work for benefits
Cons
To much fear is instilled
Nedbank is a good company that look after their staff, Politics is the downfall in any branch.More need to be done in terms of favroutism. Medical aid contribution from Company will also be good.
Pros
Staff Credit interest Rates
Cons
Politics whereby Management are involved.
working at Nedbank I have learnt a lot and have also become more professional. I enjoyed the team work and also my experience with our wonderful clients.
Pros
culture and way of leadership
Cons
leads
Great place to work , great company benefits, staff is friendly and supportive, relationship building is very easy when you know your clients. great products
Pros
incentives
Cons
long hours but beneficial
I enjoyed my time at nedbank. There is a great emphasis on work life balance and employee well-being. There will always be challenges where human beings interact, however the culture is designed to foster collaboration, innovation and self development.