Nedbank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Nedbank Job Security & Advancement reviews

It is a great place to work, if you are driven and focus and career driven. You must be self motivated and drive a healthy working environment and do things for greater good and be self driven. Your positivity must be evident and be part solution. Nedbank grows individuals for leaders of tomorrow.
Nedbank is a good company to work for with a good code of ethics and good fringe benefits.The management structure is great.One can grow their career quickly at the company.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Working on weekends
Nedbank gave me a chance to grow in my career and they invested alot in my development. The company offered alot of courses to help me perform my job
Pros
Travel allowance
Cons
Good company to work for. Great culture and working environment. Lots of growth opportunities for an ambitious person who looks to make headway in the financial services industry
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
Working on weekends and holidays
I enjoyed my stay at Nedvank. ceru short as I was on contract. However, the exposire that I got is one that cherish to this day. i had a misfortune of having a miscarriage during that time. I thank God that I was in an environment where my HR executive was so supportive and doubt I could have received a better support anywhere else.I wish I could have had a longer stay.
Pros
Appreciated the last Friday of the month drinks even though I do not drink alcohol.
Cons
Hope the Wealth culture was across the company.
The company is good but the people given leadership positions treat subordinates like second grade humans. Growth is next to none existent with people occupying the same positions for 10+years
Pros
Cons
No overtime payment
I have 5 years in Nedbank, It is a good company to work.i started as a graduate in 2013.I am willing to stay because of I like helping clients and do needs analysis
there is no growth in business banking and the fact that corporate is only at Johannesburg is also a bad side of working for Nedbank because in other provinces you are only limited to Banking.
Pros
Great culture, fun, great leaders, support, and personal growth
Cons
stressful environment
Be professional, honest and articulate. Nedbank is good on personal growth within the banking industry. The are very collaborative and have team spirit culture.
Pros
Good place to grow your career in Banking
Cons
Need to be head strong and cope well undef pressure.
well i grew a lot at Nedbank with regards to management due to lots of trainings and coaching sessions. I was able to archieve position 1 nationally for the best personal loans branch.
Pros
management trips
Cons
paperwork
I have worked there and since from day one I felt at home I was groomed not only professionally but also personally I developed so much skills and obtained an education qualification. I would run with big arms open if I would receive another opportunity to work for them.
Good
Good
Nedbank has a lot of clusters. The cluster you are employed in, will dictate your experience. Working in an environment where education is irrelevant might become challenging. The environment may very well be hierarchy orientated and because some are set in their ways, there is no room for growth or to expand.
Pros
Interest rate
Cons
No support for growth or development
Great working culture Good leadership from top management One company that is strict with risk mitigation. Care for its employees. Opportunities available for employees to learn and grow.
Pros
Management communication is good. Support structure.
Cons
Lots of pressure with system challenges.
Is quiet busy but that comes with the service levels of the business and one can learn a lot at Nedbank. Growth is very important at Nedbank and it is very much achievable.
Pros
Freebies
Cons
more should be concentrated on the branches because they are the once who mostly do a lot of work than those in the managerial positions and they should be paid much better for the hard work and efforts their put to the work
working at Nedbank I have learnt a lot and have also become more professional. I enjoyed the team work and also my experience with our wonderful clients.
Pros
culture and way of leadership
Cons
leads
Nedbank was a great company to start off my working career. I learnt alot about the financial sector aswell as about my strengths as a individual. The company pays very well. I was fully independent and was able to save for my own personal investments.
I enjoyed my time at nedbank. There is a great emphasis on work life balance and employee well-being. There will always be challenges where human beings interact, however the culture is designed to foster collaboration, innovation and self development.
Team work, equal treatment, team building, working under pressure, good benefits, opportunities for growth, good work environment, clear development plans.
But I am grateful for the wonderful experience because I have gained working independently. I became responsible in working on my own. True trainings I have mastered all the bank system.
The company had a good values, but the problem was the way things were handled. There was no job security as the management will remind you that this could end at any time.. You were always in fear of loosing your job, not that you dont know your work. Pressure was too much.
  1. Job Security & Advancement