Nedbank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Nedbank Management reviews

Nedbank is a good company to work for with a good code of ethics and good fringe benefits.The management structure is great.One can grow their career quickly at the company.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Working on weekends
Worked in sales which was naturally a bit stressful however management is supportive. Nedbank systems are reliable and management gets involved. You are allowed to work independently and as part of a team. You are challenged cognitively and the business invests in their employees.
Pros
Incentives and salaries are market related
Cons
Can't think of any
My perspective: Nedbank was not only an employer but a teacher for me within the many moving parts of an iconic legacy that was a co creator of Corporate South Africa. I learned to entrench my deep value for human capital as the culture promoted this manifesto. Furthermore the strategic intent was simple yet bold and held no mystery as to the underlying objectives. I learned many complex business and financial skills and saw myself as a part of an organisation that recognised and rewarded my value, trusted me and my output. Management, as with any financial institution was formal, but not to the extent of throttling creativity and passion. We had great leadership from the CEO, my direct line senior executives, other c suite executives that were accessible executives and not ivory tower untouchables but real approachable human beings. The hardest part and the best parts of this role was to be a part of something that became part of your dna which gave you the purpose to roll with the punches.They support from my immediate and extended teams together with the executive line support made my transition into Corporate South Africa very meaningful, educational and courageous.I am grateful for this experience that changed my life and impacted my worldview,
Pros
Valued for your humanity.
Cons
Long hours and expected bureacracy
They have a great code of conduct and in writing their work strategy however I feel like it would be best to out course management so that person interests don't interfere with the company success as much as promoting inhouse is great however it works against proficiency
Pros
Medical
Cons
Unsubsidized
I enjoyed my stay at Nedvank. ceru short as I was on contract. However, the exposire that I got is one that cherish to this day. i had a misfortune of having a miscarriage during that time. I thank God that I was in an environment where my HR executive was so supportive and doubt I could have received a better support anywhere else.I wish I could have had a longer stay.
Pros
Appreciated the last Friday of the month drinks even though I do not drink alcohol.
Cons
Hope the Wealth culture was across the company.
Perfect organization , the company that cares about their staff members and clients , uniforms is not for everyone that work there , for uniforms I rate them 4/10
Pros
You are in charge of your time Management during working hours
Cons
Long hours low rate
Can't say enough good things. Great company to work for. Loved working there. Great culture and work environment. Lovely co workers. Great management
Cons
well i grew a lot at Nedbank with regards to management due to lots of trainings and coaching sessions. I was able to archieve position 1 nationally for the best personal loans branch.
Pros
management trips
Cons
paperwork
Great working culture Good leadership from top management One company that is strict with risk mitigation. Care for its employees. Opportunities available for employees to learn and grow.
Pros
Management communication is good. Support structure.
Cons
Lots of pressure with system challenges.
It was my first formal job after college. I was made to feel comfortable in the workplace. I was treated with dignity and respect. Management was approachable. I was encouraged to grow and improve myself by means of in house training, online training and through subsidized formal training. Financial assistance with my child's school fees, assistance with medical aid expenses and prime linked interest rates on loan products including credit cards. Nedbank is a socially responsible company supporting and donating towards the World Wildlife Fund and various arts initiatives, they also offer learnership programmes for various income groups.
Pros
Reduction of interest rates
Cons
Working on weekends
There is a lot that need to be done with regard to management as i strongly feel that they abuse their powers and not supportive at all when comes to staff. Most of them are bosses not leaders which set a very bad example and in terms of leadership and affect the company s reputation
Pros
Culture not practiced well
Cons
No fairness
More management interaction is needed. Employees suggestions need to be considered more. Otherwise good environment. Good office culture. And benefits.
Pros
Great place to work for benefits
Cons
To much fear is instilled
Nedbank is a good company that look after their staff, Politics is the downfall in any branch.More need to be done in terms of favroutism. Medical aid contribution from Company will also be good.
Pros
Staff Credit interest Rates
Cons
Politics whereby Management are involved.
Nedbank is a great place to work. People centred and takes care of its employees. Its big on accountability and change. Employees need to be agile to adabt to change. Always upskilling the staff by assisting with courses that are relevent to assist with coping and growing in the organisation
Pros
Theres always support
The company had a good values, but the problem was the way things were handled. There was no job security as the management will remind you that this could end at any time.. You were always in fear of loosing your job, not that you dont know your work. Pressure was too much.
Good working condition. They're people centered. Willingness to improve individual on their workshops on manager of self and management development. They're respect values
Management kept changing work discriptions micromanagement I learned a lot about all excon rullings across, product and project management Agile ways of working
Pros
Non
Cons
I worked as an SBS Manager, a Relationship Management role that required me to be forever there for my clients and potential clients but i was seldom allowed to travel. Thus limiting my performance and eventually the growth of my portfolio. Given a chance, i would work for the company again.
It was good. The people I was working with were the once that gave me hope and why I must wake up everyday and go out work management was always looking at work and never looked at the people working
If you have a great work ethic, are honest, have integrity, pursue company goals, able to use your intellect and not leave your brain at the door, are outspoken about what works, this is not the place for you. If you are a brown noser(with a boss that likes you) you'll make it in this bank and other banks. If you are lazy, abuse the system, blame work resources for non-performance - you'll survive. Over the last decade ago, nothing's changed - you can still get away with rubbish behavior. On the positive, Nedbank taught me how to deal with people, grow personally and make a success outside in the real world.
Great place to work, colleagues are very friendly and supportive. There may be some challenges with higher management but the daily office staff makes your day worth it.