Nedbank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Nedbank Work-Life Balance reviews

It is a great place to work, if you are driven and focus and career driven. You must be self motivated and drive a healthy working environment and do things for greater good and be self driven. Your positivity must be evident and be part solution. Nedbank grows individuals for leaders of tomorrow.
Nedbank is a good company to work for with a good code of ethics and good fringe benefits.The management structure is great.One can grow their career quickly at the company.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Working on weekends
Nedbank gave me a chance to grow in my career and they invested alot in my development. The company offered alot of courses to help me perform my job
Pros
Travel allowance
Cons
Good company to work for. Great culture and working environment. Lots of growth opportunities for an ambitious person who looks to make headway in the financial services industry
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
Working on weekends and holidays
My perspective: Nedbank was not only an employer but a teacher for me within the many moving parts of an iconic legacy that was a co creator of Corporate South Africa. I learned to entrench my deep value for human capital as the culture promoted this manifesto. Furthermore the strategic intent was simple yet bold and held no mystery as to the underlying objectives. I learned many complex business and financial skills and saw myself as a part of an organisation that recognised and rewarded my value, trusted me and my output. Management, as with any financial institution was formal, but not to the extent of throttling creativity and passion. We had great leadership from the CEO, my direct line senior executives, other c suite executives that were accessible executives and not ivory tower untouchables but real approachable human beings. The hardest part and the best parts of this role was to be a part of something that became part of your dna which gave you the purpose to roll with the punches.They support from my immediate and extended teams together with the executive line support made my transition into Corporate South Africa very meaningful, educational and courageous.I am grateful for this experience that changed my life and impacted my worldview,
Pros
Valued for your humanity.
Cons
Long hours and expected bureacracy
They have a great code of conduct and in writing their work strategy however I feel like it would be best to out course management so that person interests don't interfere with the company success as much as promoting inhouse is great however it works against proficiency
Pros
Medical
Cons
Unsubsidized
My love for customer service started at my previous job but it bloomed in this work place... I grew more and more fond of what I was doing every day. Yes, there are difficult clients but that is where I thrived the most, not resting until I have a satisfied client whether it was the outcome he/she expected or not. And whether I was recognized for it or not. It didn't matter cause I loved what I was doing
Pros
The employee benefits
Cons
Making target was a bit of a struggle. Sales was never my strong point but problem solving is.
Perfect organization , the company that cares about their staff members and clients , uniforms is not for everyone that work there , for uniforms I rate them 4/10
Pros
You are in charge of your time Management during working hours
Cons
Long hours low rate
The company is good but the people given leadership positions treat subordinates like second grade humans. Growth is next to none existent with people occupying the same positions for 10+years
Pros
Cons
No overtime payment
Its a good company to work for, need a bit of encouraging employees and making it easier for them to come up with innovative ways without a hassle, e.g not expecting the idea to be emailed to all employees for support.
Pros
excellent ceremonies for events
Cons
Long hours on weekend
there is no growth in business banking and the fact that corporate is only at Johannesburg is also a bad side of working for Nedbank because in other provinces you are only limited to Banking.
Pros
Great culture, fun, great leaders, support, and personal growth
Cons
stressful environment
Be professional, honest and articulate. Nedbank is good on personal growth within the banking industry. The are very collaborative and have team spirit culture.
Pros
Good place to grow your career in Banking
Cons
Need to be head strong and cope well undef pressure.
I have worked there and since from day one I felt at home I was groomed not only professionally but also personally I developed so much skills and obtained an education qualification. I would run with big arms open if I would receive another opportunity to work for them.
Good
Good
Nedbank has a lot of clusters. The cluster you are employed in, will dictate your experience. Working in an environment where education is irrelevant might become challenging. The environment may very well be hierarchy orientated and because some are set in their ways, there is no room for growth or to expand.
Pros
Interest rate
Cons
No support for growth or development
Great working culture Good leadership from top management One company that is strict with risk mitigation. Care for its employees. Opportunities available for employees to learn and grow.
Pros
Management communication is good. Support structure.
Cons
Lots of pressure with system challenges.
Is quiet busy but that comes with the service levels of the business and one can learn a lot at Nedbank. Growth is very important at Nedbank and it is very much achievable.
Pros
Freebies
Cons
Sourcing new resources for difficult assignments and getting support was a bit of a challenge especially when you are an entry level manager. Long hours due to tight delivery timelines.
Pros
Title and decision making
Cons
Less carrier development
Great place to work , great company benefits, staff is friendly and supportive, relationship building is very easy when you know your clients. great products
Pros
incentives
Cons
long hours but beneficial
Nedbank was a great company to start off my working career. I learnt alot about the financial sector aswell as about my strengths as a individual. The company pays very well. I was fully independent and was able to save for my own personal investments.
I enjoyed my time at nedbank. There is a great emphasis on work life balance and employee well-being. There will always be challenges where human beings interact, however the culture is designed to foster collaboration, innovation and self development.
Team work, equal treatment, team building, working under pressure, good benefits, opportunities for growth, good work environment, clear development plans.