Nedbank
Nedbank Employee Review

Fantastic Employer

13 May 2019
Fantastic employer with a brilliant culture, the employee counts and they are very client focused,respectful and care about employee growth and happiness. Work-life balance is top priority and they care about their people.
4,0
30 June 2020
Same location
Sourcing new resources for difficult assignments and getting support was a bit of a challenge especially when you are an entry level manager. Long hours due to tight delivery timelines.
Pros
Title and decision making
Cons
Less carrier development
4,0
11 June 2020
The typical day involves getting to the office, having a chat with colleagues and reading emails. Thereafter, its the start of the day. The day itself can begin by having a catch-up session with a senior manager or with the exec. Some day's there is a frantic move around the office as you prepare for committee.

Once the catch-up or committee sessions are complete, the daily task of scanning through reports and finding ways to detail information in a succinct manner is tackled. The obtaining of information could take anything from a day to several, pending availability.

In between the daily movements, the chance to catch-up with colleagues at lunch of over a smoke break presents itself. The final stretch after lunch is typically when you start planning for the next day, unless an urgent matter arises, in which case priority comes to the forefront. Not too long after lunch, is it time to leave the office and hit the gym.

What I love about my work is that I learn about other countries, increase my knowledge my dealing with other stakeholders in the bank, and the flexibility that it offers. The confidence that is instilled in even the junior staff to present ton comittee members who are high up the corporate ladder certainly instills confidence in me.
Pros
The environment, the benefits available, the support afforded by everyone in the organisation.
Cons
Repetitive after a few years
9 June 2020
Team work, equal treatment, team building, working under pressure, good benefits, opportunities for growth, good work environment, clear development plans.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nedbank. Our community is ready to answer.
4,1