Nedbank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Nedbank Employee Reviews

Found 1 452 reviews matching the search
Nedbank is the place to be it has the best benefits and very professional all the the time the customer service is all on high point clients are happy
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
8 hours
Be professional, honest and articulate. Nedbank is good on personal growth within the banking industry. The are very collaborative and have team spirit culture.
Pros
Good place to grow your career in Banking
Cons
Need to be head strong and cope well undef pressure.
well i grew a lot at Nedbank with regards to management due to lots of trainings and coaching sessions. I was able to archieve position 1 nationally for the best personal loans branch.
Pros
management trips
Cons
paperwork
I have worked there and since from day one I felt at home I was groomed not only professionally but also personally I developed so much skills and obtained an education qualification. I would run with big arms open if I would receive another opportunity to work for them.
Good
Good
Nedbank has a lot of clusters. The cluster you are employed in, will dictate your experience. Working in an environment where education is irrelevant might become challenging. The environment may very well be hierarchy orientated and because some are set in their ways, there is no room for growth or to expand.
Pros
Interest rate
Cons
No support for growth or development
It was great working at Nedbank an awesome work place. I started there when I was 21 but I have grown with them I have learned alot through my peers and colleagues.
Great working culture Good leadership from top management One company that is strict with risk mitigation. Care for its employees. Opportunities available for employees to learn and grow.
Pros
Management communication is good. Support structure.
Cons
Lots of pressure with system challenges.
It was my first formal job after college. I was made to feel comfortable in the workplace. I was treated with dignity and respect. Management was approachable. I was encouraged to grow and improve myself by means of in house training, online training and through subsidized formal training. Financial assistance with my child's school fees, assistance with medical aid expenses and prime linked interest rates on loan products including credit cards. Nedbank is a socially responsible company supporting and donating towards the World Wildlife Fund and various arts initiatives, they also offer learnership programmes for various income groups.
Pros
Reduction of interest rates
Cons
Working on weekends
The benefits and the salary were sufficient. Nedbank promotes within and they are constantly encouraging their employees to study further, they are always willing to pay for your studies provided that you will study something that is banking related or something that will benefit you and the bank
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Targets were unrealistic
There is a lot that need to be done with regard to management as i strongly feel that they abuse their powers and not supportive at all when comes to staff. Most of them are bosses not leaders which set a very bad example and in terms of leadership and affect the company s reputation
Pros
Culture not practiced well
Cons
No fairness
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nedbank?
Is quiet busy but that comes with the service levels of the business and one can learn a lot at Nedbank. Growth is very important at Nedbank and it is very much achievable.
Pros
Freebies
Cons
face to face client interaction was the main key. Client service driven environment. Treating customers fairly and with respect. Work together as a branch to receive excellent results
more should be concentrated on the branches because they are the once who mostly do a lot of work than those in the managerial positions and they should be paid much better for the hard work and efforts their put to the work
More management interaction is needed. Employees suggestions need to be considered more. Otherwise good environment. Good office culture. And benefits.
Pros
Great place to work for benefits
Cons
To much fear is instilled
Nedbank is a good company that look after their staff, Politics is the downfall in any branch.More need to be done in terms of favroutism. Medical aid contribution from Company will also be good.
Pros
Staff Credit interest Rates
Cons
Politics whereby Management are involved.
Sourcing new resources for difficult assignments and getting support was a bit of a challenge especially when you are an entry level manager. Long hours due to tight delivery timelines.
Pros
Title and decision making
Cons
Less carrier development
working at Nedbank I have learnt a lot and have also become more professional. I enjoyed the team work and also my experience with our wonderful clients.
Pros
culture and way of leadership
Cons
leads
Great place to work , great company benefits, staff is friendly and supportive, relationship building is very easy when you know your clients. great products
Pros
incentives
Cons
long hours but beneficial
Nedbank was a great company to start off my working career. I learnt alot about the financial sector aswell as about my strengths as a individual. The company pays very well. I was fully independent and was able to save for my own personal investments.
I enjoyed my time at nedbank. There is a great emphasis on work life balance and employee well-being. There will always be challenges where human beings interact, however the culture is designed to foster collaboration, innovation and self development.
The typical day involves getting to the office, having a chat with colleagues and reading emails. Thereafter, its the start of the day. The day itself can begin by having a catch-up session with a senior manager or with the exec. Some day's there is a frantic move around the office as you prepare for committee. Once the catch-up or committee sessions are complete, the daily task of scanning through reports and finding ways to detail information in a succinct manner is tackled. The obtaining of information could take anything from a day to several, pending availability. In between the daily movements, the chance to catch-up with colleagues at lunch of over a smoke break presents itself. The final stretch after lunch is typically when you start planning for the next day, unless an urgent matter arises, in which case priority comes to the forefront. Not too long after lunch, is it time to leave the office and hit the gym. What I love about my work is that I learn about other countries, increase my knowledge my dealing with other stakeholders in the bank, and the flexibility that it offers. The confidence that is instilled in even the junior staff to present ton comittee members who are high up the corporate ladder certainly instills confidence in me.
Pros
The environment, the benefits available, the support afforded by everyone in the organisation.
Cons
Repetitive after a few years
  1. Employee Reviews