Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality

Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Employee Reviews for Learning and Development Facilitator

Learning and Development Facilitator2 reviews
South Africa2 reviews
5,0
The HR division was always busy . In HRD we process training requests and coordinate training events daily. I opened my electronic/ desktop planner/ task list. I will then set priorities based on importance or deadline per task. I always prioritised the instructions by my supervisor and policy/ compliance matters.

How I learn was when I allow colleague to share experiences and how they handle task/ duties to learn and share my experience to improve work performance.

Managing a team: I gave my team freedom to work with minimum supervision and expect team to make mistakes which should not be repeated. I drove and motivated team to be the best performers in the organization at all times.

I created conducive workplace culture in all my works spaces and interaction with people. I coached and mentored subordinates, I respected and cooperatived fully with authority. There is harmony in my division however we always find ways to resolve all the differences to ensure interpersonal relations and employee wellness at all times.

Hardest part was when clients’ needs that should be solved speedily and fairly. HR was the resource centre for employees and employees demand and high level of tolerance and professionalism therefore I must always be at the right state of mind and provide effective and efficient service. I had successfully provided the HR services in the last 15 years.

Most enjoyable part was when I meeting clients and learning from clients and successfully provide the required services without delay. It was also when I receive positive feedback and compliments
 - more...
Pros
clarity of purpose, following the procedures at all times
Cons
Bearocracy, red tap
2,0
A typical day for me is getting to the office at 07:30, check my diary, get ready for meetings. I have at least one meeting in a day. I'll check all emials and repond on the urgents ones immediately. Most of the meetings starts at 10h00. I will attend to task I have been appointed to do at the meeting. I'll check on the bursar students as they have queries everyday. I can rely on at least two of my co-workers if and when I need assistance. Management are not very helpful at all. Most of the time they will redirect me as they are unable to assit me. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I help and assit employees everyday. I see then develop, grow and move on and that is so satifying. The hardest part of my job is that I can not rely on Management as they do not want to take reponsibility.
Pros
office bound
Cons
so many unproductive meetings