Nestlé

Nestlé Employee Reviews in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal

Excellent company to work for, hence i have been there for 27 years. The LEAN concept should be a tool every company must have to save costs. An amazing place were team efforts are jointly celebrated You are never to old to learn and age is only but a number All managers are skillful, hard working and ethical and managed by Nestle Continuous Empowerment, and Nestle Leadership Framework ,and based on PE and PDGs Teamwork, Time management and good work ethics is a prerequisite Language barrier ,trying to educate the elder in keeping with KPIs,defining problem solving techniques Morning meetings at 9 am ,reflecting on the previous day performance, and question underachievers and compliment achievers
Pros
Free Nestle hampers monthly, birthday club(lunch with Rdm)Braais quite frequent
Cons
SAP System crashing quite often and resolved can take up to 2 days -hence backlog
I was downdating invoices on SAP. Managing on time deliveries with 3rd party. Capturing 3rd grade documents. Assist on capturing orders on SAP. Update refusals spreadsheet on a daily basis. Deal with drivers queries to prevent refusals.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Work extra hours if customer deny to receive stock, so I have to convince to receive stock.
Move -+300 tons,local,national.operate on a 48 hour delivery cycle ie from order to customer.Deliver to +- 300 customers daily.The best part is when you report into management meetings'on outstanding PODs,no returns,rand per ton in below budget,on time delivery is above target(98%).A typical walk into the warehouse in the morning it is dead silence all 37 cages are empty,during the day it is a hub of activity.Orders are pulled checked invoiced and loaded..Time to go home all cages are empty and the warehouse is silent.If you visit our warehouse before work and after you will think that no work was done .
Pros
Birthday lunch with RDM.
Cons
You only leave when all vehicle are loaded.
An employee enters the office because he/she is not happy about the extra charge that medical aid had deducted from his/her salary. The employee is not happy because this has lead to some debit orders not being successful and has to pay double the following month, talking to an unhappy employee is the same as talking to unhappy customer nor guest because what ever explaination you give to them is not good. I have learnt to deal with the issue thereinthen so that when they leave the office they feel better that you have made an attempt and trustes that you will follow up and provede feedback. Once feedback is received i ensure that they get the response until the matter is resolved. Management is supportive and whatever information required from them they provide, for others might not deliver in time, in such instances you have to follow up. To sum this up our management works as one team. KPIs are the measures that drives my co-workers to be productive at all times. Ensuring that the targets are met and safety is also adhered to. The hardest part of the job is when I am not able to assist anyone be it management or shopfloor, but I always try my utmost to assist. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I am able to assist and explain any procedure, policy or occurrence that they were not clear about. Happy employees are always productive and that the standard motto that keeps me strong at learning more pertaining to HR.
Pros
Birthday Lunches, Hampers
reps make us do their job by force always being threatened about being fired
Pros
incentives
Cons
pressure
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nestlé?
  1. Durban, KwaZulu-Natal