Nestlé
Information from Nestlé:

Nestlé Employee Reviews

South Africa182 reviews
4,0
Nestlé South Africa is a well established company that invests in Production,Quality and skills.Its a company with family oriented and loving workers that are committed.It has well researched standards that prioritize human safety and food safety and quality compliance.Its a company that teaches and rewards good behavior and professionalism.
Pros
Good company and well secured
Cons
Long hours and demanding job.Very busy and dynamic
3,0
It is a stressful but fun at times environment. What I loved the most was the challenge, it keeps you on your toes as a result I've gained vast experience over the years.
4,0
It was great working at Nestle. I have learned a lot from the colleagues. It was my first work experience outside school. I have learned how to deal with different characters in a work environment.
5,0
Its a great company to work, there is a lot of oppotunity for growth. People that i worked workes with are team players, My managers are very supportive.
3,0
The work load was reasonably although sometimes the team leaders with be difficult. It taught me to get to work and do my actual work. I really enjoyed working with my colleagues they were the best.
4,0
I wish to work again to that company, salary was enough for me and I experienced a lot of things, I enjoyed to work as a fitter and Turner, and also to work nights shift
5,0
It was existing working for Nestlé I got the opportunity to work at Durban eastern cape doing research about other people's life experienced the different out of jhb
5,0
Nestle is the best company to work for, they offer competitive salary, they treat their workers with dignity, and they have internal programs for their employees to keep up with the world standards by the inviting experts to teach their employees new methods that will help them to grow in their field, therefore the company grows as well. The management motivates employees frequently. thmanagement cocon
5,0
One of the best companies when it comes to food safety and quality. World leaders in the food business. Acquired excellent learning experience from the best.
5,0
Everyday brought about different challenges which expanded my problem solving skills. The most important thing I learned was working as part of a team and keeping in mind that cooperating and contributing to a team really benefits the company and therefore creates a fun workplace. Being part of that team felt like being part of a family that supported and helped each other as much as possible which kept the team's morale high. The hardest part about the job was the transition from a school environment to a workplace environment, it did not take that long for me to adapt because of the type of workplace I was in. The team building activities were great because it brought us closer together as a team, and the challenges I faced really prepared me a lot for industry.
4,0
I was very happy to work at Nestle It's provide personal growth and compitativenes.I was started as a assistance operater later grow through internal training.I was full time operater ,forklift driver and quality assurance assistance.
1,0
We are working under agend and it pays us low salaries that we can't afford our own living expenses why nestlé can't take us parmanent to them as company employees not agend
Pros
Own lunch
Cons
8 to 5
5,0
Started working at Nestle as an Extruder Operator,went overseas to study about the entire Cereal plant then taught the other operators how the plant works then I became a millwright apprentice at Noodle plant now a shift millwright at Creamer plant. All in a nut shell Nestle created the best out of me.
3,0
Excellent opportunity for graduates to grow their careers. Lots of scientific training to improve skills and knowledge of employees. Not enough work life balance.
4,0
A good place to learn more about food industry, as they offer training for all interested individuals. lots of opportunities for employees. Open door policy is well practiced
Pros
Free ice cream and good prices for staff
Cons
contract jobs
5,0
the company is true to the mission of one team to help the South African markets win with babies, mothers, health care professionals and customers at heart and to nurture a healthier generation.
Pros
Flexi time
4,0
Nestle is a professional company with world-class products. It is generally a fun environment to work in with a good culture.
You sometimes do need to put in the extra time and effort, however, the rewards are good.

Nestle always looking at new product offerings to consumers that makes them a fist choice product.
Pros
The company benefits
Cons
Sometimes long hours
3,0
High pressure and demanding environment. Report and manage Food safety issues. Train operators, engineering and implement food safety requirements. Ensure that the HACCP requirement are complied with on a daily basis. The hardest part is to constantly follow up with the production team and get a buy in from them with the changes to be implemented. The enjoyable part of the job is when one reaps accountability and responsibility from operators resulting from sowing trust and building confidence of the operators to take pride on the product they produce and pack on a daily basis.
Pros
Good insentives alinged to the factory performance
4,0
Review operations on a daily basis, what happened the day before, what where the challenges met, come up with solutions and set targets for the current day. I have learned to manage my stakeholders(my team, external & internal customers and my manage). I needed to carefully pay attention to performing each of the key management roles of planning, organizing, leading and controlling. I had to manage the performance of my team inspire and coach them. Manage departmental budget and service agreement levels. The working environment is based on respect for self , others and the company values. The hardest part of the job is when factories have out of norm hygiene levels, where the factory is in urgent need of analytical results in order to release the product to the market on time. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get a buy in from my team on delivering results on time and watch them run with the idea to completion. .
Pros
Performance is rewarded
Cons
Long hours when there is a business need
3,0
My work at Nestle is working as an operator where I start production to dissolve raw material in infant formula processing where my I operate machine in order for the production to take place. What I have learned about my job is that you need to be always vigilant at all times as We are working with sensitive product for infant and its a Critical Control Points and making sure that we produce product that is Quality to our consumers.
Pros
Good remuneration
Cons
Not enough rest days
5,0
working condition was good because i was learning the plant in general eg boiler section,refgeration plant and control room.

About manager we treating as well to give sum opinions.