NETWORK ENGINEERING
4,0 out of 5 stars.

NETWORK ENGINEERING Employee Reviews

3,9Work-Life Balance

Results driven

Target driven Part of a strong group Management establish , systems was in place to achieve Achieving the goals was the most enjoyable part of the job

Pros

Big group

Cons

Great experience to build understanding

This position allowed me to learn the way networks are built from the ground up. I learned how to configure switches and routers along with installing equipment.

Collaborative workplace

Ne is a great company to work for. I got to learn a lot and advance my knowledge and experience in the corporate space.My collegues were great and reliable people

productive place

A good place to start learned a lot of things how to communicate with all level of management and client and staff and how to reply in emails calls and how to segregate issues

this is a job function

This is a job function, not a company. The system pulled data from resume but is not in order. However, this was another job function when working for EDS, but EDS is not around anymore. It was purchased by HP years ago.

Pros

Good job opportunities

Cons

Company is not around anymore

Not good

We never got paid on the the Fridays that we were supposed to. Worked in Downtown Dallas. But had to drive to Irving, Texas to pick up our checks. Nine times out of Ten......the checks were not there for us.

Pros

None really

Cons

Couldn't get our checks on pay days

Verizon is above average

Verizon is one of the best company among Fortune 500. Even though the culture has been being changed over the years, it is a good company to work for. It is still fair to say that the culture needs to be refreshed to catch up the other companies to be comparative in market place.

the most enjoyable part of the job

worked for Verizon for 31 years in many capacities. Worked in Data Network Engineering for the last 15 years. Good company , great teamwork I enjoyed my time at Verizon due to the fact that I had many different jobs

Busy job

My typical day was fast paced, diverse, and busy. I worked for the Vice President of Network Engineering and supported over 200 staff members of our division.

Good Pay & Best Benefits

Best place to work where the pay is good and benefits are excellent .Company provides Job Security but career growth is very slow prior to Performance Evaluation rating on resources .

Pros

Good Salary & Best Benefits

Cons

Slow Career Growth

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at NETWORK ENGINEERING?

High paced environment with people who love what they do.

Network engineering is a great place to challenge yourself every day. With people who feel the same, you'll never "work" a day as. Love network eng. Wonderful career.

Pros

Lack of micro management

Cons

unclear schedule

Great experience

Great experience in learning state-of-the-art technology. Opportunity to work with multiple business units for product development and delivery. Great training opportunities.

Dynamic Telecom World

There is a lot one can learn in Ericsson. Innovative ideas and out of the box thinking is always welcomed by the management. Team works almost as one body while project execution.

nice work place, obtained lot of necessary skills

Full time as network engineer, on top of being responsible company's network, I am responsible to train employees computer skills. Besides, I also do administrative job in information centre. like booking flight tickets and arrange hotel for department manager, arrange meeting with the third part company, answering income calls, etc.

Pros

free lunch, free parking

Cons

not competitive salary

Great Experience to work with Trigyn to support United Nation Mission in Darfur Sudan. Worked on various technology's Vsat, MIcroWave, CISCO Router and Switches.

Pros

Diversity

Cons

Away from Family

I have Master of Science in Information Technology and CISCO Certification.a

I start my working day with planed tasks, developed by myself. I learned much professional abilities in different organizations.

No flexibility and management employees expected to work long hours without any compensation.

They provide no flexibility and expect management employees to work long hours without any compensation. The company does not compensate their management employees justly for the amount of work expected. There is a disparity between management employees and union employees.

Cons

No breaks or lunches, expect employees to work long hours without any compensation.

Loved this job

Many opportunites to learn and grow. Very supportive team environment. Micro managing does not exist here. Excellent work life balance.

Pros

acquired many marketable skills

Cons

was a contractor position so no room for advancement

Network Admin

typical day :Manage Configure the server's within the complex Network and Provide help desk support to up to 120 users by hand ,by phone or by the dial in software application on variety of network and computer Problem and issues , I learned a lot of IT knowledge and i have progressed in more and more to deal with sudden network ,computer problem even if it's out of my knowledge , I work very closely to the IT Manager and my partner in the department to achieve the target , the hardest part of the job when the dead time approach even if you finish most of the work , the enjoyable time ever , when an issue done successful it's beginning Point for another issue .

Begining stages of my career at AT&T

As a Technical Associate in the Network Engineering department, I was able to learn how a telephone line was monitored and what methods were used to troubleshoot and resolve any issues. My team and managers helped each day be a pleasant one by working together for the benefit of AT&T and its customers. In this particular position, to me there was not a hard part of my job, it was a continuous learning experience.

Pros

Many things to learn about the network side of AT&T

Cons

Threats of a strike every 3 years due to Union negotiations

Great job!

This job is very convenient, great communication, and great boss

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NETWORK ENGINEERING. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,9 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance