New lovelife trust

New lovelife trust Employee Reviews

South Africa24 reviews

3,6Work-Life Balance

Challenging and Very fun

I enjoyed and learned a lot about Community mobilisation, project management and event organising. Work place culture was open enough for one to challenge themselves.

Pros

Cons

Normal hou4s

It’s a fun working place

Everyone is friendly and willing to assist and learn all at the same time . And they are very active when it comes to community involvement hence they trying to make the best of all the communities they work with

There's always something new

If you are a young energetic person who loves working within the community and stakeholders in the area you reside in... Then this is the Jumpstart you'll need.

Pros

Free gear

Cons

Unexpected events

Productive, skills advantage and fun youthful place

In my duration working at the new love life trust was fun and I learned a lot, working with my peers was challenging and me loving a challenge made me enjoy it more.

productive and challenging

my typical day at work is normal and challenging, i have learned on how to work with people at all level of communication. learned peoples management.

Pros

traveling and meeting other people

Cons

no increment for 4 years

Edutainment work

A youth development that I think for all young people needs to be part of so we can have better societies. It also builds up the up coming youth's confidence and teaches them good work ethics

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Work has to be completed

It was a great NGO to work for

Lifestyle programmes for adolescents that talks to informed decisions and standing their grounds. It's all about youth Leadership and responsible youth.

Pros

Updated information on Sexual & Reproductive Health

Cons

Too much travelling Provincial or National

Fun but unstable

Amazing work and beneficiaries of the programme but failing management and unstable cash flow. A lot of power dynamics. No investment in staff or promotions.

Fun place

Working with youth and children in order to reduce the number of crime and drug abuse. Facilitation, event planning and marketing. Public speaking was the best part about the job and facilitating about HIV/AIDS, STI's and Gender Based Violence

Pros

Roaming

Enjoyed

When your work here you must be able to monitor yourself. Very pro active. Flexible in terms of your working space. Must be self discipline and being able to learn continuously.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Infustructure

fun place , innovative and productive

It was great and good experience to work with new Lovelife trust . Safe to be at, creative place and were get to learn more about yourself. Guidance's

Pros

Cons

Normal

productive and fun

The job is not that bad only the management and the seniors who gives us hard time but since I regard myself as a hard worker its nothing I can't handle

Pros

nothing

Cons

normal hours

Motivational

It's is energizing,challenging helps with working with different personalities and different people self motivation,prepares you to work under pressure and professional.

Pros

Inform

Cons

Lot of work less payment

it was fun and challenging

working for loveLife was a good experience because I gained the skill I though I never had, which was public speaking and actually putting my voice out there about the social issues that we as young people face out there. I also got the opportunity to grow as many young people as possible through my life experiences and giving them hope in life and that they can achieve whatever they want to achieve if they believe in themselves and be patient with the selves.

Pros

travel

Cons

long hours, not paid in time

productive and a fun work place

Working at the New loveLife trust helps one to develop one different skills and introducing one to different working areas for a better understanding in those working areas and building ones confidence in different situations

Pros

developing youth

Cons

different hours per individual

Productive,Youthfullness,Passion and Innovation

- I've learn that loveLife is base on reducing HIV risk among youth , also loveLife promote a vibrant , youth leadership culture through on the ground healthy sexuality and positive lifestyle Programmes aimed at building complete leaders for on HIV free future - I've also learn facilitation and presentation skills as I was a trainer - Implementation skills - Guide and mentor young people - Administration work - - Event management Management - friendly ,helpful, supportive, vibrant, speak their mind and non judgmental. Co-workers - we like family ,have same vision and mission, Youthfulness, good in team work, supportive, honest, free spirit and positive mind. Hardest part of the job - Depended on funders in order to get paid monthly salary. Most enjoyable part of the job - different challenges, events coordination,I enjoy administration work , outreach work, trainings almost everything.

Pros

Be part of Events Management Team

development of young people was brilent

support of my team and help them to develop and training support and development and team leaning different characteristic support from management was ok but can be done more

Pros

good times

Cons

long hous

Career growth

Individually the Career growth depended on me as I accomplish my work on a daily basis. Even with good performance there has not been recognition of good work and contribution. This on the other hand encouraged hard work and self development. Work with team in the Province went much better than than work with the National Office counterparts. The main reason being unsustainable and loose arrangement of programmes which Provinces have to tie up. The hardest part of the work is to give 100% performance even when there is no funding for programmes. The most enjoyable part of all is working with the Teams and sharing skills and knowledge ensuring that the set targets are achieved.

Pros

Good Team spirit that prevails especially in the Provnces

Cons

Frequent uncontrolled change of National Programme Managers

Open work enviroment

Lot of travelling for work to be done however lesson learnt is that you meet lot of people at different department which expand your experience and knowledge.You grow as individual because you deal with different characters more often which build your character as a person and also learning emerges out of that through day to day planning with co-workers.The hardest part of job is when your sub-ordinates don't deliver what is expected on time or as expected,also lack of resources sometimes especially in case of expected urgent responses.All in all very adventurous,engaging,contribute in personal growth of a person and expanding of individual networks.Lastly it create a platform for one to keep exercising and analysing your potential on daily basis.

Pros

Lot of field work which promote community engagement and involvement

Cons

Non govermental Organisation

its a caring organisation and changing life of young people in the country, engaging young people into different opportunities

is a very busy organisation, i am driving daily to the hubs checking the site progress and do administartion, attenting stakeholders meetings and events. i learned to work with different type of age group of people in a different communities and making sure that i respond to all my key performance area. management is very good and willing to see their staff progressing, they are more supportive and esuring that all working tools are there for their employees to work. my co-workers are very supportive, we plan together to make our work simple and making sure that our work are simple and well done. the hardest time at work is when we have training and events because we even work on weekends and nockoff late and the most enjoyable day of the job is when i do my work based on my key performance area and achieving all my objectives in time.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

A great place for generating ideas

loveLife is not a typical nine to five place of work as the organisation is driven by passion for changing the lives of young people. A day is made up of interacting with potential partners, writing proposals and reports, interacting with young people, and managing and leading a team. Other aspects of a typical day are going through finance requisitions and budgets, and also strengthening administration and human resource. At loveLife I learnt that it is important for organisations to adapt with an ever changing environment. The management of the organisation is engaging and also decisive in making decisions, and although my co-workers are based in various other provinces there is a very strong sense of team work. The hardest part of the work is ensuring that the team constantly provides quality implementation of programmes at all levels. Most enjoyable part of the work is developing new approaches to our work, and also building new relationships with partners.

Pros

Trust

Cons

Travelling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New lovelife trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,6 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance