Nokia Employee Reviews

South Africa42 reviews
4,0
Nokia has a very relaxed work style. Performance driven. Employees are encouraged to work independently. Working from home is encouraged. Management is however very demanding and reporting needs to be precise and to the point. Multiple Cultures are supported without discrimination. Enjoyed working independently .
4,0
Unreliable at time esp when it comes taking responsibility. Other then that nokia had a good work environment with very motivated people the were efficient and effective when it comes to the working environment
4,0
flexible working hours, nothing called clocking in/out, good work culture, progressive, career growth prospect, life balanced work environments, trens in technology
4,0
The total experience working for Nokia is fulfilling, enriching and gives a sense of belonging. The company has an international flavour with lots of different cultures mingling on a daily basis.
5,0
it was a good working experience due to my retrenchement I had to live the company but I enjoyed every day working at Nokia.

the people are nice and welcoming
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
long meetings
5,0
Awesome to work with like minded people that are goal driven. A company that promotes self betterment. Would have loved to work there longer. Contact ended.
4,0
Nokia South Africa ,have amazing management team, particularly in Western Cape Province with a work hard and play attitude to relief the stress fullness and pressure that comes with the work environment. With can and will do get the job done sets for a real positive experience and team support.
4,0
Working at Nokia was a great learning experience.
I have learned from Inside plant, Outside plant and construction, fiber splicing, testing and installations

Working conditions was great.

Team spirits very high at Nokia.

Hardest part of work was relying on other parties to ensure timelines are met.

Most enjoyable time was when timelines were met and all third parties was comfortable with the outcome.
5,0
Best working environment. Friendly coworkers and everyone works together as a team to gets the project competed. Company is ideally situated in Umhlanga near the shopping center.
5,0
Within the Nokia Group I learned that no Mountain is to high and no challenge to great. Nokia's Teamwork is great.

It is said that when employed by nokia you are a Nokian as part of the nokia family.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nokia?
5,0
Nokia is a leading software company with high ethical values and complete respect for their employees. Employees are valued for their input and rewarded according to their achievements. Nokia is focused on connecting people.
4,0
Nokia a peoples company with on true credo i.e. 'Connecting People'. 40 000 employees worldwide, it has still shows a cuture of sustainable well being
Pros
People driven and a broad base of loyal employees
Cons
Unfortunately through a retrenchment process LIFO applies.
5,0
Look after Customer tender , evalutaion, SIte Solutioning, Costing.
Support Delivery Teams with new Installation Material issues.

Testing new Tools for faster deployemnt & respone to Customer tenders. Visit Customer and explain the solution , why a solution will have the best cost value for that customer. Meeting with sub contractor and supplier , relate to service and Product supply.
Pros
Love It.
Cons
Sometimes, short deadlines.
4,0
Self Starter Environment. Energetic Culture. Family Orientated. High Focus on Results. Flexibility - Work from home or office. Open desk office policy. Managers and C-Level are very approachable.
4,0
New Leadership at Nokia Mobile needs to understand the market and change or create innovation to become the brand that is loved in current consumer dynamics.
5,0
I really enjoyed working at nokia / alcatel lucent. A very good internationally company. Will like to be employed again by them. I build up a lot of experience and knowledge.
Pros
Fair benefits
Cons
Housing
5,0
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Nokia as it was cutting edge technology we were deploying so the personal growth was immense. Nokia also gave me the opportunity to explore and promote the human potential that exists in all of us.
Pros
Enhance a promote the posibilities of my team members.
Cons
Nil
4,0
Nokia is an amazing company which provides lots of international experience
5,0
Company sees individuals for what they actually wortb..your work is recognized. Home work balance is 100%. Great culture, staff and management. Would never have left but due to it closing in 2014 and being bought off my Microsoft jobs were being cut. Would love to with them again.
Pros
Cons
Unstable company in 2014
3,0
Standing for lengthy hours. Approachijg cliefnts who are not interested in the product. This taught me so much about having people's skills and respecting the clients opinons even when they differ from mine.
Pros
Being allowed to use and keep the product for the duraction of thr contract
Cons
Standing for lengthy hours
5,0
I am currently employed as a external at Nokia Networks, and I am trying very hard to be permanent for the following reasons

Balanced work, social and family life

Respected at all levels inside the company

Great benefits for internal staff

Nokia always strive to be the best out there

Hard working people

Always new technologies and new challenges