NORTHLINK COLLEGE

NORTHLINK COLLEGE Employee Reviews

South Africa33 reviews
4,0
As with any lecturing position you have a large amount of leave which coincides more or less with the school holidays.

This is perfect if your kids are young and they need to be looked after during this time.
3,0
Northlink College is a college that works on collaboration and support. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching the students grow and thrive through the challenges within a tertiary level education environment.
5,0
A typical day at work was fun, I've learned a lot especially from the students. Management knew how to help employees and give a hand when needed.

The hardest part of my job was to deal with difficult/noisy students that didn't adhered to rules and regulations.

Overall it is a very open place to work at.
3,0
Please see that all your info on CV is fill in properly,no misspelling ,always ask what your job discription will be,and please check contract before signing it
5,0
I love working at Northlink College because I love helping people and which better way than to do so in helping someone with their future endeavors as we all are on a journey of bettering ourselves.
Pros
expierence i have gained
Cons
still on contract
1,0
The department I worked in was mismanaged, understaffed and dirty. The standards that are required of the college by Pearson are not met. Staff positions are not advertised as required by the law. Funds are mismanaged and nepotism is alive and well
5,0
each and everyday i spend at northlink collage i have
learned and archived strong,good experience.I've learned how to be on time,reliable and safety it's very important at all times.The working enviroment it's strong,energetic and fun we all work as a team and indipendently.the working culture is completly perfect and healty we all together and we do assist each other but the hardest part its when you are given a task and no one understand what's really going on and you have to figure it out yourself and also when you have to work fast and accurate.The most enjoyable part is we always help each other and respect one another at all times.
5,0
Northlink College is the most peaceful place i have ever worked at. I am in control of the pace i decide to work for the day.
I have learnt new things at Northlink such as, doing financial agreements for the students who were rejected by NSFAS bursury.I
3,0
As an intern at the institution I learnt more than what I was suppose to. I had the best mentor who really showed me a lot about the industry and much more.
Pros
Only working week days
Cons
Always have to rush for deadlines
5,0
Excellent work ethic. Treats employs with respect and facilities staff development. Good management planning and strategic development. Business focussed
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at NORTHLINK COLLEGE?
3,0
Great work ethic. Good team spirit among employees.Great opportunities for growth for those with the right qualifications.Professional atmosphere most times but we also make time for fun through synergy sessions taking place at the end of each semester.
Pros
Great Work Ethic
Cons
Salary does not always match responsibilities.
5,0
It was a great experience and I have learned a lot.Work in teams.i learn how to install windows(software) and to fix stuff like printers.t hey let us take fotos make student cards for the students.
Pros
Pratical
Cons
Normal hours
5,0
Working in Hospitality industry has been my dream for a long time.I feel in love with when I used to help my mother in the kitchen when I was still a child then I saw that this is what I am good at..One day I saw that good food and good cooking can bring a smile into a hungry men's face.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
8 hours and +
4,0
Assisting facilitators, students with general admin duties, answering inquiries, filling, creating registers, meetings regarding project progress and completion of projects. The hardest part of the job is working with people that is not team players. Cracking a few jokes and laughing with colleagues is most enjoyable at work.
Pros
Confidence in admin staff to get the job done independently
Cons
They take way too long to make staff permanent
5,0
My typical day started with a meeting with my staff and then we all engaged with an assembly with the students.

I've learned a lot about students who are struggling from various impoverished communities.

I gave opportunities to staff to make positive decisions in order for them to develop. The toughest part of the job were parents who did not show an interest in their children s development.

The enjoyment part are always students who have a smile on their faces when success arrives through their hard work.
Pros
Intervention with struggling students were a joy.
Cons
Long hours at college way beyond the required hours to ensure success.
3,0
I have a good work environment, as I am also learning from this positive work experience.

The management at Campus Level is very clued up on policies and procedures, which allows for good employee relations.
Pros
Medical Aid
4,0
Wonderful place to work for. With so many campuses, not all campuses are run in the same manner. At some colleges the atmosphere is much more relaxed than others. This is a plus. The pressure on my campus is extreme and unnecessary. Things can be more pleasant if the campus is run like all the other campuses. Not much room for growth as a lecturer.
Pros
Working with older students.
Cons
Upper Management unfriendly towards lecturers.
4,0
it is a great environment to work in. I enjoyed assisting the students with their queries. the hardest part of the job was dealing with angry and rude students.
4,0
It was well organized and work flow was consistent.
Working with and among students gave me the opportunity to work with in a flourishing and energetic environment which in turn fueled my desire to grow in my position.
4,0
I would be start my day doing a roll-call and discuss the days activities with the students. Thereafter monitor their progress and attend to all related paperwork and assessment. reporting to management if any problems arises and ensure discipline is held.
Pros
School vacations
Cons
Remuneration
2,0
As someone that was new to the industry, it was a challenging at first but as time went along, i adjusted to the work and its challenges hence I was able to finish the trades that was required.
Pros
received a stipend