Norton Rose Fulbright

Norton Rose Fulbright Employee Reviews

South Africa17 reviews
4,0
Great company to start your career in in any business services career. You get exposure to working with people from other countries. Leadership needs to be stable though.
1,0
Do not expect respect for work life balance in this firm especially with the current management in the finance department. There is no growth or training offered. Work is dumped on you as if you are a robot with little to no assistance or guidance from senior management. I developed severe depression and had no work life balance. Your concerns and wellbeing are not even addressed by ahR you are just ignored
5,0
I worked for the head of the insurance litigation department. He was a fantastic person to work for. The company was great too. High work ethics but also fun. The entire department was great and I was very sad to leave. I relocated to Cape Town.

setting up meetings, travel arrangements, typing of documents, court and commercial, attending to debt collection, accounting to client, attending to FICA of clients and everything that goes with a law practice.
Pros
They really look after their staff
Cons
non
4,0
I usually have a number of tasks to do during the day. There is usually a lot of work to do in one day. I have learnt to prioritize work from most urgent to least. I have learnt how to use my time effectively and work meticulously under pressure.
Pros
Friendly working environment, mutual respect amongst colleagues, great learning environment
Cons
long hours, hierarchy
5,0
The legal environment is a tough one, however, it was a great learning experience for me and I thoroughly enjoyed my job. It was stimulating and exciting.
Pros
Well-renowned global law firm
Cons
Not enough annual leave
3,0
This is a great place to boost your self-esteem. Expect to constantly learn and grow under the guidance of your principal. Great to put on your CV as experience.
4,0
I had a interesting time in the Firm. I would recommend anyone looking for a good starting point in their professional career not to hesitate considering NRFSA.
2,0
As soon as you walk in the door there is work waiting for you and everything is urgent.
Management roams around while you have to do the hard work and they take credit for all your efforts.

If a mistake is been made you are held solely accountable and no one stands by your side.
Pros
Opposite Sandton City
Cons
No flexible hours
5,0
Varied day depending on if there was a seminar
Learned various programmes and client / provider relationship

Great management

Strong co-workers

Hardest part - Long hours and deadlines

Most enjoyable part organising of events,seminars and dealing with people
Pros
International company therefore great culture environment
Cons
Long / early hours
4,0
Awesome company to work for. Support staff are motivated to work because the culture is fantastic and everyone cares about you. The MD is an amazing mentor who values all of his staff.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours but worth the benefits
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Norton Rose Fulbright?
3,0
Attending to Human Resources related queries, assisting new employees with payroll documentation, and also arranging induction programs for new joiners.

I also assist terminated employees with the termination documentation before their last day in the office.

I work on letter of appointments which requires exceptional attention to detail which really makes the task enjoyable and hardest at times. I am involved in the recruitment process for support staff and assists consultants with administrative work
3,0
Challenging workplace for ambitious professionals. Large international law firm with highly specialised departments, wide client base and top performance expected at all times.
Down loading of bankstatement,
Allocation of deposits received

I learned that starting earlier, helps to get the days work done efficiently.

My co workers are very supportive, we are are a productive team.

Not being able to get clients to commit to making a payment is the hardest part.

Being able to reach our monthly target set, is the most enjoyable.
Pros
Incentives, free lunches
3,0
My day at work is very busy and productive. i have more responsibilities that my colleagues in teh same position as i am as my boss and team members trust me more and expect that I am able and will get the job done, faster and more efficiely that the others.
3,0
Good company to work for (International Company). Good company benefits.
Always busy.

Manage to get through daily challanges although working for and reporting to 5 people.

I enjoy my work because there is always something new to learn.
Pros
Good benefits
5,0
You can't really predict what the day will be like, because anything can happen on files so you need to just take the bull by the horns and deal with each query as and when it occurs.

Clients can be difficult at times and you have to remain professional at all times.

The most enjoyable part is if the client appreciates the work that you do for them
Pros
Happy clients
Cons
Stressful
4,0
One of the things Norton Rose prides itself with is having an open door policy. I found this to be of particular importance as an aspiring attorney and I had a lot to learn and had to be able to approach my seniors for assistance, which was quite often.

Everyone was treated with respect as a valuable member of the team which instilled self-confidence an enabled me to make the most of the learning opportunities granted to my. I was able to apply myself and improve also on my social interaction skills.
Pros
free monday lectures on various developments in the law, departmental outings, cocktail wednesdays.
Cons
very long hours at times