Novartis

Novartis Employee Reviews

I would work at Novartis for the rest of my life. The leadership The culture The people The investment in the employees They provide ongoing trainings
Great, people oriented organisation. They live by the belief that a happy workforce does a better job. Their people and societal focus makes them the leading MNC as far as community understanding and and development is concerned
Great company. Great work culture.Innovative and Dynamic. Novartis was good about keeping everyone in the loop on communications and cascaded objectives/goals well. ... Novartis is a solid company that focuses on the well-being of patients. It is a company that offers great career opportunity, room for advancement and excellent benefits.
The management at Novartis is very supportive, I was taken through the duties of being a medical rep very carefully and I got the best training. The benefits of working at Novartis are excellent.
I manage a diverse portfolio of specialized products as well as being a Sales manager and running a full patient program. I has taught me to manage my time and prioritize to maximize performance
Novartis has a wonderful work environment. If you are interested in working in other departments, you are welcome to spend time in that department to learn more about it. Novartis has an “unboss” culture where managers treat you as an equal. There is an open door policy and managers are very easily accessible.
Excellent working environment 8 to 5pm one thing i learnt is collaboration / team work. the most enjoyable part of my work was when i have to sit and do a hardware handover to a customer.
• Coaching & Training Medical representatives from inception to mature sales pharma sales consultants. • Leadership skills to drive motivated sales teams for sales targets in these huge competitive markets. • Strategic planning for major launch brands for implementation and execution of sales teams to drive sales targets for these brands and make sure we were the no 1 pharma company to work for as per Campbell Bellman survey feedback on the top 10 pharma companies in South Africa.
Very good company to work for, great environment and great people. High performance team. Very accommodating of new joiners and individuals personal responsibilities
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Novartis?
Great place to work. Opportunities to grow and contribute to the organisation. Employee incentives are motivating and ahead of other companies. Opportunities to give back to society.
Customer service manager seeking an opportunity to use my customer service and management skills to improve customer satisfaction. Company driver with more experience and Punctual at all times
Very structured environment. Attention to Detail always at the order of the day - loved it madly! I enjoyed learning all about MCC regulations and SOP's for Pharmaceuticals. Loads of development opportunities here!
Pros
SOP's was available to everybody - never had to struggle to understand the processes
Cons
Long Hours at times
Novartis is a brilliant organisation. Working for a multinational organisation only opens doors of opportunities and exposure. Very, very fast paced environment, Great leadership and culture within industry. Everyday was something different. Working on new projects and news brands within SA, Africa, Europe, USA and worldwide. I worked with amazing people from all different walks of life and from all over the world. Understanding their culture and being exposed to vast range indirect sourcing within the industry. I got to travel worked on many international projects. The company always pride themselves on staff wellbeing. The hardest part of my job was employees always resisting change and not wanting to follow Procurement process. I loved in industry, working for a wonderful organisation, being instrumental in launching of new products and understanding our competitors. Procurement providing strategic souring strategies to the company and operational support. I've learnt and grown so much within this role and organisation.
Pros
Staff Wellness, Great Exposure
Cons
Better facilites for staff
Fast changing environment. People orientated Opportunities for development of the individual Client orientated The environment is supportive for learning
A company who treats employees fair. A fast-paced, constantly changing environment. Challenges the employee. Opportunities to develop oneself within the company People orientated
Novartis is an extremely great company with excellent people skills . This company portrays empathy and clearly traets staff members like family. Recognition is noted for hard work and efforts.
Pros
Think out of the box more often
Cons
Awards for drive and strive
As a junior project manager, i worked with a different number of diverse cultures which made me learn on a personal level as well. Friendly and environment filled with growth. Was given room for initiatives. Great office space as well Benefits were absolutely nice, pity it was a short contract.
Pros
Work with a lot of diverse professinals, professional environment, good team work, presentations flow.
Cons
n/a
Western Cape challenging to work in as medicals aids are not as up market as Gauteng, culture is changing work life balance is a daily challenge Love my products and customers!
Pros
Western Cape has great people
Cons
No opportunity for advancement on the coast
Novartis is a good company with outstanding products. It has a very good name in the industry. They have a good pipeline. The culture at Novartis is quite easy going.
Pros
Free education for your children upon your death
Cons
Unrealistic targets
Novartis Southern Africa Country Group is housed at the Novartis South Africa CPO office in Midrand in Johannesburg but looks after Southern African Countries. Typical day at work consist of cross functional meetings, aligning with commercial and franchise head on key tactical plans and activities update in all the 13 countries we look after. This is coupled with field trips for key activities on the ground in the various Southern Africa countries. Learned a lot at Novartis being my first Pharma jobs mainly how different cross functional divisions come together to deliver and win for patients. Also learnt how to operate and adapt in the different markets across Southern Africa as they pose different issues and also require market specific solutions that are tailor made for the specific countries. The management is very accommodating and nurturing and actively take interest in your career development also coupled with the fantastic and very collaborative and helpful co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is bringing innovative medicines to the rest of Southern Africa and improving patient outcomes through collaborative partnerships which is very fulfilling as we make a difference for a lot of patients in need in Africa. The hard part was the gap in knowledge and also the delayed registration of medicines in Africa that made products available very late for African populations at times 10 years back so those products would lack a lot of Global support since at times they would be at the end of their lifecycles.
Pros
Great working environment, clear development plans. great coaching and mentoring
Cons
Operating in politically and economically volatile environments a big challange
Gracias a mi trabajo en Novartis tuve la oportunidad de convivir y trabajar con diferentes culturas ya sea dentro la misma empresa como fuera ya que pude trabajar con la gente de Novartis India. Como trabajador de Novartis todos están dispuestos a ayudarte y propiciar un ambiente buen ambiente laboral, gracias a esto pude mejorar mis habilidades de análisis numérico y aprender todo lo que me faltaba sobre el área comercial.
  1. Employee Reviews