Oceana Group

Oceana Group Employee Reviews

3,0
1. Each day cannot be fully planned. Especially within the fishing space. Vessels and payment of the crew is dictated by the vessels coming in with full loads. This makes it exciting. The trick is to set your team up based on the strengths to drive this process, 2. Learnt a great deal about SAP Authorisations and the setting up of the rules with the HR and Payroll Space. More that I have learnt at other implementations. 3. The management could be a little more decisive as some decisions take to long to make and this sometimes compromises the objectives that need to be achieved. Knowing this has allowed one to make an alternative plan until permanent resolution is found 4. The culture varies from division to division. The attrition rate is very low therefore you do not have new blood coming into the organisation which does allow for challenges in that the mindset of long standing employees does not want to change with the strategy of change that the business is driving. 5. The hardest part is the historical reconciliations and fixes that need to be done. This relates to a legacy system and audit trails etc where not at the new standard that has been set. So it takes a little longer to reach the objectives. However the expectations are manageable. 6. The relationships built, and how bad views of the payroll dept have now started to be turned around into strong working relationships through the communication and transparency process.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Long time spent in traffic
4,0
its a challenging work environment with lots of opportunities for young people that want to work there way through the ranks , all they need to do it focus.You have to be willing to stay away from family for long periods of time .If you willing the company will assist you
Pros
theres opportunities, if you willing to work
Cons
theres mostly old ships
4,0
Being in treasury and very dependant on market movement, one day is very different from the other, i.e. never boring. I loved the diversity of every day, the pressures that go with this. The interaction with various staff members, from executives to staff members. I grew immensely during the time at Oceana as a manager and amazed at what I achieved in the years, from growing a treasury department from nothing to a full fletch treasury department.
Pros
Performance bonus
4,0
The day would start with me normally checking which queries are outstandind and needs my urgent attention. I woud have a follow up meeting with my manager to escalate any difficult calls to third parties. I would engage with stakeholders during the course of the day and attend meetings as scheduled by stakeholders. If training are scheduled for a couple of days i would action this. Preparation for training courses could be time consuming. I had a cordial relationship with my management. The hardest part of the job was attending meetings for most of the day. The part of the job i enjoyed was interacting with customers and trainees.
Pros
Flexi time.
3,0
I havent workied long at Ocean but the foreman was pleasant and they treat their works well.Contracts are on short term basis so dont get to comfortable.
3,0
The company is a good company to work, however management was very "stiff". Employees should work in a pleasant working environment yet supervisors and managers think the company is theirs and they can change rules when and if it suits them.
Pros
I earned a salary
Cons
Managers should change their attitude
5,0
I learnt about insurance claims. Very busy department. The bosses and colleagues are friendly, warm and wonderful people.