Octogen (Pty) Ltd

Octogen (Pty) Ltd Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with a lot to learn

I really enjoyed most of my times at Octogen and I learned a lot about their culture and the industry at large. Their executive management team is so far the best in my life experience

Pros

Cons

Sometimes

I was a great experience working as a financial wellbeing officer i learnt alot. Im still grateful for the opportunity i was given at Octogen, good working hours, nice and clean work environment.

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Normal working hours

had the best experience in the company but no business no income. you have to work hard so you sign deals and get fat bonus. best management

it was very good the staff and management are very helpful and united. helping each other through the journey and gained so much experience there i could go back at any time

productive

Hardest part of working at octogen is the product we selling, it is sellable just that it has a negative conatation to clients as they have heard bad reviews about debt review which makes it hard to convert

It has been a wonderful experience working for Octogen.

There is a room for growth. Moving from one department to another and learning different work has been the most exciting Journey. Working for client services, you face new and different challenges daily which grooms you and prepares you for being a leader one day.

It is a great company overall just need to negotiate the salary

Working in a debt counseling company is very stressing and requires ones time and effort, with that said a person would appreciate a reasonable salary.

Best for new graduates

If you are experienced and need to change your current job not ideal because you take a financial draw back. Growth is impossible. Your job is not secured.

Call Centre Receptionis

I come into a very relaxed office and everyone arrives at 8h00 sits down and starts to work. The office is a hive of activity trying to contact struggling people to help them survive life as we know it today. The Management is always busy improving our office environment. The office is a multi cultured office with a vast overall happy feel. The hardest part of my job is when it is quite and no calls coming in. the best part is when it is busy and I am appreciated for my hard work.

Pros

office hours are very acceptable

Cons

The salary is not so good but good for what I am doing.

Productive and fun working

Octogen is a great company to work for. The only challenge is there are no benefits at all so its more like hand to mouth kind of job. Growth opportunities are limited.

This is a fun environment with hard working and dedicated staff. Lots of experience is gained especially when it comes to financial management. It is a close knit work place with great opportunities for growth. I enjoyed the ability to learn pretty much from any of the staff with ease as everyone is almost equally educated about the product we deal with. The job does teach you a bit of patience especially when dealing with clients.

Pros

Laid back environment

Cons

Benefits need to be improved

Great environment but Moody management

It was nice at first till everything started unravelling with management always being in their moods and constantly threatening to fire us on a daily basis and the contract is just a trap to try and keep you there for 12 months .

too much pressure and extended hours without remuneration

too much pressure and extended hours and day without remuniration no consideration for the employees personal life outside the company.you are expected to do beyond your role.

Lack of effort

As I know , every new company has issues..... Im sure by this this time its sorted. Training was a joke, no people skills. No positive energy, location was ok.

Pros

Cons

Lack of energy

Great work environment

I never been exposed to such room for growth. In a space of a year I've grown so much mentally and psychologically. There is an air of peace in the work place and management is really hands on when it comes to ruuning the business.

Pros

Structure (Open door policy - Management)

Cons

The pressure of reaching target

Good working environment

This being a smaller company as such, is quite a great establishment. The reasons for me to leave were mainly financially motivated as I needed to make more money.

Pros

Self Management

Cons

Earning

Great Experience and constructive work knowledge

Octogen was a great learning experience and staff were very manageable. Handling 2 regions was a great challenge which I accomplished with high success rates. I was able to handle the downfall of companies reputation to bring level of work and structure back to a high standard recognized by the directors. I was in a management position with not many perks, but did my best in all I was instructed to do over and above expectations I achieved my court orders in I have learnt many traits being computer and micro management skills. Culture was fun and very pleasant to work along side many cultures and peoples personalities. Hardest part of job was balancing life and expectations, due to the non benefits and small increases which I found myself in hardships most months. My staff were the best part handling a team with positive attitudes and gracefulness on daily basis made the job that much more enjoyable.

Pros

End year Function and stats based Bonus;s

Cons

Non benefits and small increases

Octogen

Octogen would be a great company if they would change the way they treat great employees, need to find a positive way to retain the staff and offer more stability going forward.

Pros

it was close to home i worked on commission and wrote my own salary

Cons

no stability, no benefits

Productive and Fun yet calm workplace

Very nice company to work for, there is a relaxed yet very professional feel at this company and great staff to work with. Gives great training in all aspects of company.

productive

for the first day it brought me a good feeling specially when i was assisting client i enjoyed every moment i spend with the client and specially when i see client smiling at the last, i learn to handle any king of problem ( conflict resolution), courtesy. management were supportive some but some not, hardest part it was my first day to work as i was the only one who are handling all Old Mutual Branchs around Thohoyandou to Giyani i was scare if i will make it but finally i make it and learn more, enjoyable part it was when i see all my consumer form different branches smiling as management be happy about how i work

Pros

vouchers, certificate

Good working environment

The job is nice helping clients understand their finances, and giving the solutions to solve their problems. The job is stressful because there is too much paper work and only get on commission

Pros

Paper work, depressed clients, commission only

Cons

Helping clients with financial freedom

Celebrations or different Holidays

Productive work and well focus, i learned a lot by dealing with different kinds of clients,good management respect others dis respective clients learning and understanding different kinds of views and clients.

Pros

Sometimes

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Octogen (Pty) Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Octogen (Pty) Ltd