Octogen (Pty) Ltd
3,6 out of 5 stars.

Octogen (Pty) Ltd Employee Reviews for Finance Officer

Hardest part of working at octogen is the product we selling, it is sellable just that it has a negative conatation to clients as they have heard bad reviews about debt review which makes it hard to convert
I was a great experience working as a financial wellbeing officer i learnt alot. Im still grateful for the opportunity i was given at Octogen, good working hours, nice and clean work environment.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Normal working hours
it was very good the staff and management are very helpful and united. helping each other through the journey and gained so much experience there i could go back at any time
Cons
If you are experienced and need to change your current job not ideal because you take a financial draw back. Growth is impossible. Your job is not secured.
Octogen is a great company to work for. The only challenge is there are no benefits at all so its more like hand to mouth kind of job. Growth opportunities are limited.
too much pressure and extended hours and day without remuniration no consideration for the employees personal life outside the company.you are expected to do beyond your role.
As I know , every new company has issues..... Im sure by this this time its sorted. Training was a joke, no people skills. No positive energy, location was ok.
Pros
Cons
Lack of energy
This being a smaller company as such, is quite a great establishment. The reasons for me to leave were mainly financially motivated as I needed to make more money.
Pros
Self Management
Cons
Earning
Octogen would be a great company if they would change the way they treat great employees, need to find a positive way to retain the staff and offer more stability going forward.
Pros
it was close to home i worked on commission and wrote my own salary
Cons
no stability, no benefits
for the first day it brought me a good feeling specially when i was assisting client i enjoyed every moment i spend with the client and specially when i see client smiling at the last, i learn to handle any king of problem ( conflict resolution), courtesy. management were supportive some but some not, hardest part it was my first day to work as i was the only one who are handling all Old Mutual Branchs around Thohoyandou to Giyani i was scare if i will make it but finally i make it and learn more, enjoyable part it was when i see all my consumer form different branches smiling as management be happy about how i work
Pros
vouchers, certificate
Cons
The job is nice helping clients understand their finances, and giving the solutions to solve their problems. The job is stressful because there is too much paper work and only get on commission
Pros
Paper work, depressed clients, commission only
Cons
Helping clients with financial freedom
Daily early meeting to discuss a prior day's performance. then reply to emails throughout the day, generate new business from leads obtained and handle all base clients queries. I learned to be tolerant to other co-workers despite the change in moods, and personalities. I manage my own work and time. The challenge is to bring new feet into the branch, but with quality referrals that can be achieved. To see the impact and change in a clients life, makes my day.
It was the most enjoyable work as i was able to visit clients and their working ethics are team building.Visiting different companies and able to build a good relationship with those companies as i was helping there employees.
Pros
Gift Cards
Cons
Commission Ratings
I have learned to work hand in hand with my team, as we have the same goal which is t reach our team target. I have learned to respect each individuals feelings. I have learned to be able to listen before I answer anything. The hardest part of the job is when its is so hard to reach target in that mouth no matter how hard you have worked, sometimes it was just out of my control The most enjoyable part is when my team reached their target and the manager decides to take us out for breakfast
Pros
Free Lunches, day off or sometimes half day off
Cons
working until 6 some weeks