Ogilvy & Mather
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Ogilvy & Mather Employee Reviews

Flexible working hours, friday drinks for the whole team to gvet to know everybody, collaboration, daily morning stand-ups, learning sessions and friendly colleagues.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
No free lunch
Ogilvy was an extremely fast paced work experience as a DTP Operator working on the Vodacom account only. Only leaving due to Vodacom moving on.Late hours only for 3 days every month and not a daily occurence.The team I work with is very supportive
Pros
very good vibe and awesome team
Cons
Long hours at a fast pace
A fast-paced, competitive work environment. Personally my time at Ogilvy wast biggest learning curve. Senior leadership is advancing with the changes in communications, making it easy to learn from others. Great office culture of work hard, play hard. Great work is often rewarded.
ogilvy is place where you meet people with different background and ethnicity. working with the team there has been amazing and elevating while love spreads abroad .
Ogilvy is well known for its culture and interesting workplace. The culture and work ethics need to be maintained if they want to attract the best people to the company. They are very career growth driven which is great. Managers listen and assist where necessary. The company has difficulty retaining their best staff due to financial issues.
Pros
Free Drinks on Friday
Cons
Extended hours every month
Lovely working environment,but the salary is not enough. There are opportunities for growth, but that does not help if you have a family to support. Long hours are required , but that is part of the job
Pros
Great people
Cons
Tiny salary
Hardworking client focussed no nonsense approach very disciplined and artwork focussed. Require a lot from employees bit rewarding is very good. Working long hours under constant stress.
Pros
Free pub
Cons
Great cross-pollination of people and talents, working along with each other and great balance. always exploring the best creative solutions and willing to try new strategies.
I worked at a sub-company within it, called Go Advertising. It was a great place to work at - more so in the beginning. I was given a paid internship which was wonderful, and worked my way significantly higher up in a short space of time. Unfortunately the Managing Director at the time was a bit of a problem, and I ended up being made to lease due to a conflict of interest. But everyone and everything else was great.
Pros
Wonderful people, lots of events and benefits, as well as a free bar!
Cons
Slightly corrupt managing director
I learnt so much at Ogilvy and i will forever value everything everyone taught me the. Everyone was helpful and understanding. HR was very supportive.
Pros
Big
It was a positive environment that cared for its employees. Work was always accomplished in a timeous and professional fashion. Team building was a core part of sustaining the company's morale.
I worked on SAB and it was the most challenging and exciting time working on one of the biggest brands in SA. Particularly Castle Lite and Carling Black Label. I got the opportunity to have real influence on this brands, and I looked forward to going to work everyday.
Good for your CV but in general the whole industry suffers from the same thing. Bar nights suck period friends are in cliques and this makes it harder to join
Ogilvy &Mather SA is has multicultural and diverse company that allows individial creativity for both the growth and success of its employees ; clients and the company. Its pulse on the market is always current and relevant . It has an open door policy which allows employees to approach management with qieries on their work and are always assisted with vigour and passion.
Pros
On job training
Cons
I loved working for Ogilvy CPT. Management was great. The parties were even better! The hardest part of the job is the long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the project through from conception to end product.
The agency was fun energetic and i loved going to work. Management changed quite a bit, and there were always new faces, but overall i enjoyed working here with my teams and clients.
Pros
Excellent company benefits
Cons
I am hardworking-determined person, friendly, creative and very helpful and able to work well with other people, am very committed in everything I do.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Sleepless Nigth
Started at 6 am and often worked until 11 pm Work was frenetic but the people had a very can do attitude. Extreme deadlines, client was very easy to work with but work output was totally deadline orientated and was all about relationships
Pros
Liberal and free spirited work environment
Cons
Extreme deadlines
I loved working At Ogilvy & Mather . I left after having a baby and not able to return to work due to unforeseen circumstances , I enjoyed the growth challenges as it allowed me to move onto better prospects.
Pros
entertainment and salary was good
it was a short, yet full time job. i learnt alot about the industry and it got me ready for that world. the business is run smoothly and efficiently, with all areas of employees working as one team. the Durban branch really is full of amazing people who have a passion for their work
The place is great though I only interned for a short period of time Friendly staff You learn a lot in terms of creativity ,marketing, advertising and pr
Pros
Meeting great people, sometjmes celebrities
  1. Employee Reviews