Ogilvy & Mather

Ogilvy & Mather Employee Reviews

South Africa30 reviews
Competitive!
A fast-paced, competitive work environment. Personally my time at Ogilvy wast biggest learning curve.
Senior leadership is advancing with the changes in communications, making it easy to learn from others.

Great office culture of work hard, play hard.

Great work is often rewarded.
5,0
productive and fun work place
ogilvy is place where you meet people with different background and ethnicity. working with the team there has been amazing and elevating while love spreads abroad .
High paced
Ogilvy is well known for its culture and interesting workplace. The culture and work ethics need to be maintained if they want to attract the best people to the company.

They are very career growth driven which is great.

Managers listen and assist where necessary.

The company has difficulty retaining their best staff due to financial issues.
Pros
Free Drinks on Friday
Cons
Extended hours every month
Fun workplace
Lovely working environment,but the salary is not enough. There are opportunities for growth, but that does not help if you have a family to support. Long hours are required , but that is part of the job
Pros
Great people
Cons
Tiny salary
Awesome workplace
Hardworking client focussed no nonsense approach very disciplined and artwork focussed. Require a lot from employees bit rewarding is very good. Working long hours under constant stress.
Pros
Free pub
Open Planned
Great cross-pollination of people and talents, working along with each other and great balance. always exploring the best creative solutions and willing to try new strategies.
4,0
Very fun place to work at
I worked at a sub-company within it, called Go Advertising.
It was a great place to work at - more so in the beginning. I was given a paid internship which was wonderful, and worked my way significantly higher up in a short space of time.

Unfortunately the Managing Director at the time was a bit of a problem, and I ended up being made to lease due to a conflict of interest. But everyone and everything else was great.
Pros
Wonderful people, lots of events and benefits, as well as a free bar!
Cons
Slightly corrupt managing director
Fun
I learnt so much at Ogilvy and i will forever value everything everyone taught me the. Everyone was helpful and understanding. HR was very supportive.
Pros
Big
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ogilvy & Mather?
Productive and fun environment
It was a positive environment that cared for its employees. Work was always accomplished in a timeous and professional fashion. Team building was a core part of sustaining the company's morale.
Great working environment
I worked on SAB and it was the most challenging and exciting time working on one of the biggest brands in SA. Particularly Castle Lite and Carling Black Label.

I got the opportunity to have real influence on this brands, and I looked forward to going to work everyday.
Ok place
Good for your CV but in general the whole industry suffers from the same thing.

Bar nights suck period

friends are in cliques and this makes it harder to join
Enormous career growrh opportunities
Ogilvy &Mather SA is has multicultural and diverse company that allows individial creativity for both the growth and success of its employees ; clients and the company. Its pulse on the market is always current and relevant . It has an open door policy which allows employees to approach management with qieries on their work and are always assisted with vigour and passion.
Pros
On job training
Creative workplace
I loved working for Ogilvy CPT. Management was great. The parties were even better! The hardest part of the job is the long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the project through from conception to end product.
5,0
Excellent Company to work for with a great environment
The agency was fun energetic and i loved going to work. Management changed quite a bit, and there were always new faces, but overall i enjoyed working here with my teams and clients.
Pros
Excellent company benefits
Proactive
I am hardworking-determined person, friendly, creative and very helpful and able to work well with other people, am very committed in everything I do.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Sleepless Nigth
5,0
A typical day - make it happen
Started at 6 am and often worked until 11 pm
Work was frenetic but the people had a very can do attitude.

Extreme deadlines, client was very easy to work with but work output was totally deadline orientated and was all about relationships
Pros
Liberal and free spirited work environment
Cons
Extreme deadlines
Facilities Manager
I loved working At Ogilvy & Mather . I left after having a baby and not able to return to work due to unforeseen circumstances ,
I enjoyed the growth challenges as it allowed me to move onto better prospects.
Pros
entertainment and salary was good
productive, good experience
it was a short, yet full time job. i learnt alot about the industry and it got me ready for that world.

the business is run smoothly and efficiently, with all areas of employees working as one team.

the Durban branch really is full of amazing people who have a passion for their work
4,0
The place is great though I only interned for a short period of time
Friendly staff

You learn a lot in terms of creativity ,marketing, advertising and pr
Pros
Meeting great people, sometjmes celebrities
Great place to work,
Managing SuperSport campaigns
Launching rugby world cup succedsfully

Managing Art buying/Tv production/Radio production

Working with 16 African countries to launch important campaigns

Proof checking client work

Managing Africa/agency relations

Learnt a lot about the Africa market and also how to manage multiple campaigns and individuals
Pros
growing client business across africa
5,0
Productive yet fun and casual
A typical work day started off and everyone got to work. Some days there was an exception as a few co-workers from different departments would go off site for advertising purposes. I learnt a great deal, as I spent time in the different departments. I was able to apply what I had learnt from my studies and therefore I was able to give input into different situations. I gained valuable information and skills from my co-workers who worked in the different departments. They allowed me to be independent and take on the different jobs by myself. I would stay late when jobs had deadlines but at the same time, there were times when I had nothing to do.
Pros
Lunch time was a decent amount of time
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ogilvy & Mather. Our community is ready to answer.
4,1