Okuhle Media

Okuhle Media Employee Reviews

South Africa8 reviews
4,0
Everyone is kind and helpful. There is job growth in this company. There are no benefits and the salary is average. Management is very good and they try make your work life comfortable.
4,0
I was introduced to new skills during my time at Okuhle, I was challenged both physically and intellectually. I was also granted the liberty to use my own discretion.
5,0
Both companies have a very calm working environment and staff a really friendly. The management don't treat as you are a new person, they make you feel comfortable right away even if you nervous.
Pros
Short work hours
Cons
No permanent vacancy
3,0
Wonderful team, vibrant work environment despite the pressures of producing a daily live TV show. Unfortunately, no benefits are offered to staff and remuneration is average
4,0
So much to learn and grow within the company. The company offers a positive space to work in, great creatives to collaborate and work with. always striving to deliver the best content.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
stressful environment
2,0
Okuhle trains you, gives you opportunities and makes you feel welcome. However the company also expects you to work more than two job descriptions in one. This is not always uncommon in production houses but the reason why it is a definite problem here, is because they don't pay you what you are worth.

Inflation happens in life and companies should compensate employees accordingly. If I'm still earning the same amount of money for the last 2 years or more, with no increase at all or bonuses or med benefits, then it is not worth it.

Parking is also a problem. There is none.

The best thing about Okuhle is some of the amazing people you will meet.
Pros
Skills development, fun people
Cons
Low pay
3,0
Good place for a beginner to start working at. Nice people and typical media environment. Make good friends and get good advise from people. Computers are a bit slow to work on.
5,0
I introduced a recycling campaign called "Packets Of Goodness"
We learners in primary schools collect plastics bags and the school with the most plastic bags would with a Grand Prize,

The day of the prize giving we decided to shoot it as a Av for client and I played a presented in the shoot which was difficult because I was never exposed to such environment.

The aim was to delight the client and I had to do it,

I left a lot from the directed and the terminology used in film industry and how to speak to camera.

This was fun and enjoyed it at the end of the day.
Pros
Cons
hard worker
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Okuhle Media. Our community is ready to answer.
3,8