Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

South Africa1 332 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 1 332 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 535 reviews

A professional work place

Working at old mutual has been very exciting, the team is united and management very hands-on. Getting to deal with so many different people on a daily basis, teaches you more and more about people skills and how to interact with them in a way that is in alignment with Old Mutuals principles.

Fast pased

Working for old mutual was indeed a learning experience about things that most people are not informed about. Good place if you at the branch that strives and appreciate what you give in you would enjoy working there.

Productive and friendly wworkplace.

For me everything was fine, competitive challenging and manageable. ILove challenge and I'm super productive in everything I do and I am always willing to learn more.

You Get Paid For What You Worked For

I worked as financial advisor and first 6 months you get a stipend as you are working and attending training where you learn how to market your clients in the financial environment.

Pros

Flexible working time Free airtime to call clients Manager always available for queries

Cons

Working under pressure Reaching target Looking for clients

Stressful and uncertainty

This is the worst job to find yourself at after you graduated. The nature of the job sucks, very demanding and long hours of work. Pay is not guaranteed.

Productive and fun environment

Good company to work for. Great incentives with benefits when you work hard by bringing more clients. You need to achieve your target in order to get better salary

Horrible company to work with they treated us poorly

Horrible company they take advantage don't pay commission wouldn't recommend they never pay on time, no commission no transportat allowance also no off days even on the weekend

Pros

Cons

They don't pay commission

No place for mistakes, accurate and on the ball at all times. Nice work ethic and culture

Management was professional and utmost helpful. Any problems was sorted quick and efficient. Client advise based on professional knowledge. A great company to work for.

Fun

Enjoyable, challenging. A lot to explore.I liked meeting different types of people on the working fields, which educated me a lot about human various behaviour and values of life. Got to learn a lot about financial planning needs. They were lot of challenges that gave me experience which have groomed me on how to tackle them.

Fun workplace

Working here is interesting and we receive equal respect and support . It is easy to communicate with the manager and resolution of problem is done in time .

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company?

Management are unprofessional

This job is extremely stressful and have daily and weekly targets. Management are very unprofessional. Threats to lose your job is a daily experience

Pros

Retirement, life and medical benefits

Cons

Extremely poor management, very high targets, giving up personal morals, no sleep

Fun to work for

Great company with great incentives great working structure the job allows you to manage your own time and has much flexibility because of self managing your self

Good company to work for balance life

Fantastic company to work for no pressure flexible own time aslong as your daily target is reach for what was allocated.Good management and teamleader. Team work is always considered.

Pros

Flexi times can have tea in your own time

Cons

Not necessarily by choice only if work load is heavy

Productive work place

Classic corporate environment. Room for growth within your area. Job security. Medical aid and pension fund. Fun and ineteractive environment. Colleagues were great!

Profitable and fun when we are preforming well

I have learned a lot and the most important thing is that they care about their staff.The environment is very user friendlyManagement do support and advise and inspire for all team members to succeed.It's easy to adjust to the winning culture and making more money, being successful in your personal space and at workwhen your not preforming it can be hard hey When you win with your team and your branch is meeting target and exceeding it, plus the month when you get your dividends and qualifying for sales competition and earning more money monthly.

Productive and fun place to work at

I enjoy working at Old Mutual. Although it could be stressful at times in some months you are not paid which becomes frustrating. You learn as you go which is nice.

Takes a while to get recognition

Overall it's a beautiful company to work for. I'd recommend it to people who want to grow within the financial services industry. Opportunities are endless if you in the right team

A stressful environment to work at

Their commission structure changes from time to time. You never know how much is going to be.They prefer paying people through competitions rather than commission. Managers never wants to approve leave yet they take leave for days.

Pros

guaranteed job security

Cons

Salary is too small

High pressure

Mental health is not prioritised in branches. Workload as a Client Relations Consultant for Old Mutual is very high and there is no support. Be prepared to be overworked with no chance of takinga break 6 days a week.

Fun and casual place to work

I'd say my experience at Old Mutual brought their culture to life! It was amazing working with people from so many backgrounds, and learning from more experienced colleagues, and the training was the best part of the job for the first 5 months, but things got real toward the end of those 3 months.

Pros

Fuel allowances on training trips

Cons

Chasing targets

The company is good and invests on its employees. Problem is Micro-management

The company provides equipment and tools to work. Company invests in employees. Management is bad you end up hating your job. Pressure us too much leading to weightloss and stress to employees.

Pros

Learning and development

Cons

Bad management, meetings every morning with manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 535 reviews

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,4 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,4 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,5 out of 5 stars for Management
3,8 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?