Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews

South Africa1 259 reviews
Found 1 259 reviews matching the search
Its fun and exciting
Too much pressure and stress too

Lot to do

Great benefits

Company looks after thr employees in many ways

Target and goal driven
5,0
Working at old mutual was the best opportunity for me to be introduced into the wolrd of markieting and sales. Having studies sport management with marketing in it I have gained a lot of useful information about the industry. I have learned how to keep it coll and calm under unforeseen circumstances. It is a stressfulo job but once you get used to it and have strageies on how to tackle your day it becomes more fun joyful.
Pros
Proper training
Cons
Too much expectations on sales
5,0
Well, working at Old Mutual was the best thing ever for me. I really wished that I'd grow in the company and be the better person I've ever wished to be. Even though it was a working place, it was a fun place to be at. Old Mutual is a work place where every individual would really want to be part of. It does not matter which department is.
The incentives were quite impressive, motivating an individual about his /her duties as and employee at Old Mutual.

Financial freedom is another thing. You become fancial free. Because you set your own targets there for the amount of money you'd like to earn as an individual. You become more as a self employed person.

Honestly speaking, I had a great time working there. Not even a single day I'd ever regret it waking up and going to the building in Pinelands, every day. It was awesome. The food in the canteens was also great. That I can never forget too. Safe environment to work at. Never had any system issues. Everything was of a professional experience. Salaries were always paid on time.

Pros
Reasonably working hours
Cons
Enough break intervals
4,0
It's a good company to work for, management is fair you just have to do what you are hired for. In terms of growth it's poor its all about management, but overall it's a not bad at all
Pros
Incentives, fair management
Cons
No growth, poor commission structure
5,0
They are the ones of thee best insurance company around South Africa and it is fun to work with the since they got many activities that includes the employees
It's a nice environment
Stressing sales

You need to make sure you are good and tolerant of rude clients and management, racism is too much need be careful if you are black
5,0
My name is Fungiwe Soyekwa I reside in Kwazulu Natal..

I am a hard working person who strive under pressure who can be able to deal with different characters i have respect to all people around me.
5,0
I loved the benefits at Old Mutual, the company culture is great and they care about their employees in terms of their growth and development. They also have an onsite gym, mall and creche.
Pros
Employee benefits are great, competitive salaries, performance incentives, group life cover, free parking, onsite mall, creche and gym.
Cons
Specialized roles, exposure to a variety of functions can be limited.
5,0
Old mutual is a great company to work for, they invest in their staff and their growth.
They also care about their staff's well being

Very concerned and considerate management
Pros
They invest and you grow in the company
Cons
It takes time to get permanent
5,0
I feel like i did not get time to prove myself as a sales consultant as my manager did not fight for renewal of my contracf due to her personal reasons. Other than that Old Mutual is a great company
5,0
Oldmutual is a good company with a lots of benefit, it's very easy to work at Oldmutual because it's a big company and its almost every where most of the people know about Oldmutual and they trust Oldmutual
Pros
There free lunches during the meeting and workshops
Cons
Its depend on your planning, you just need proper planning
4,0
Being with company for over 15 years has allowed me to learn a lot about myself and cooperate business.

I am however grateful for each a D every stride taken and the opportunity the company has given me to grow
Pros
Always looking for innovative ways to improve
Cons
Complete a single project before jumping onto another
3,0
Typical day at work is going through emails. What i have learned is to check if clients details are correct & that feedback needs to be provided weekly. Management was great. The workplace culture is diverse. The hardest part is keeping the finacial advisors clients happy with old mutuals slow staff
5,0
Communication is good too much pressure with a good team work....I have gain a fast typing skill because they love fast workers , all in all it was great to be the part of old mutual I still wish I can go back
4,0
I enjoyed working at Old Mutual a lot. The environment was very relaxed yet fast paced as well. Teamwork was great and management very involved and helpful. The only problem is that most positions are contract positions and becoming permanent is not easy.
3,0
Im happy because the are trainings which opens your mind and know everything abaout insurance. You learn in how to talk with a group and you will have
3,0
A company that cares about its employees. There is always time to work and a time to play. The company makes sure that the working environment is pleasant for all.
5,0
Working at Old Mutual is a great experience. The problem I experienced was being limited to service employees earning R15000 and above.
I resigned because if I don't meet target I don't earn anything for that month
5,0
Old Mutual was by far the best companies to work for. The amazing support from management the enormous love from fellow colleagues made the environment so pleasant that one would never even feel they are at work.
Pros
Recognition
Cons
Weekends
Productive ,fast paced workplace
Great learning experience , lots of learning and self improvement

opportunities

Due to work volumes the work the work environment remains fast paced

The most difficult part would be system changes and adapting to the same .No formal training provided , based on "on the job training "
5,0
Salary is too little it does not cover the expenses it does not help to uplift you, unable to pay for basic needs. You get less motivate at the end of the month pension is also growing too little. The work is okay the culture and the people you work with excellent.