Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Review

Growth and responsibility

5,0
3 March 2020
Working for old mutual was good career move. It was just like running my own business, signed ny own cheque. Must b willing to work hard, have discipline and be able to manage time.
5,0Work/Life Balance
5,0Job Security/Advancement
5,0Management
5,0Culture
1,0
3 June 2021
Same roleSame location
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
rude managers and no skills to manage people. All they wanted was sales, forced to sing, pray and clap your hands. Being punished and embarrassed Infront of others. harassment was also a factor. No room for growth. The culture is not great and you do not really have a knock off time. Always being threatend to be fired. The environment was very bad. Working there for me was not conducive.
Pros
Work Functions, you develop a tough skin for sales
Cons
No respect, no knock off time, stressful
2,0
21 April 2021
Same role
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) - East London, Eastern Cape
Stressful work environment, unrealistic targets to meet production, unprofessional management depression cause by high targets of production If you are a lady will expirience miscarriage, you will not have time for your family ,you can't sleep without meeting the targets of 3clients per day who take a policy. You will dig a grave for yourself if you be working as financial advisorEven if you meet your targets you will not be appreciated or rewarded
Pros
You manage your time
Cons
Unprofessional management
5,0
27 March 2021
Same location
Para-planner (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
It's was fun and productive but salary wasn't enough for the job we were doing,we were treated fairly enough but i feel our department was not given enough attention and resources.the environment was freindly and so were the managers and my colleagues.
Pros
Free goodies
Cons
Small salary