Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Review

Just a cool company

23 January 2014
A typical work at work was when I had to open the branch and never had a manager to lead me to my daily work and company expectations from me, it was stressful day but had to ask from other branches and that lasted for about 3 days. After 3 months the new manager was sent and it was that was positive move for me and the company, that I could focus on my job description thoroughly. I learned independency greatly and gained confidence in terms of personal boost, I was undermining myself and always was convinced that I had to start somewhere before I could jump to the next step, when I arrived there, there was a guy already working there but he couldn't lead and I had to step out of my cocoon shell and lead him, that was recognised by my superiors and I lead him until the new manager came our way. That was amazing and unbelievable. Management was not that great as Blue Financial was under bankruptcy when I got there and there was lot of confusion, so it was always telephonical contacts with them, and not much of a visit and physical support, e.g., not going out on a marketing with us. to the new manager it was the same feeling she was feeling towards management My co-worker was a good guy until the manager came after 3 months, sadly he left and it was only me and the new manager and she was great somebody. The hardest part of the job was when not all the products were not appealing to the clients, and I had to do product mix and really it was tough convincing the clients to take products such as cell phone contracts and Insurances, but with selling skills and experience, - more...
5,0
3,0
5,0
Pros
Access to telephone for markrtin and a certain allowance to internet services to enhance our skills
Cons
lack of management support
19 November 2019
Same location
Financial consultant (Current Employee) - Bethlehem, Free State
Be professional Understand their culture and history Be weallinly to learn everyday Be posertive & learn how to be pertiant Live their values Deleaver superior customer service Have great personality with killer instics.Be vibrant & have selling skills Be
9 February 2016
Same location
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) - Bethlehem, Free State
Every day is a learning curve. I have learnt all aspects of Financcial Management and Sales. Management is hands and supportive but each indivdual must push himself. Co-workers are skilled people and are fun to work with.The Team work is the name of the game. The hardest part is to meet the sales standards in this difficult economic times. You get exposed to new people and ideas and learning never stops.
Pros
Free Financial Educations.
Cons
Your salary is only on commission.
2,0
6 October 2020
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) - Kenilworth, Western Cape
Working hours 8 till 4Pressured to have your clients in full weekly if not you get to sign a poor performance every weekToo much admin work to be done
Pros
Petrol allowance
Cons
Salary not fair