Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Review

Productivity

2,0
8 May 2013
We start up the day with a short morning meeting to reflect on whet has happened the previous day (Both good and Bad) We then plan for the day ahed with the team. The management style and structure is ok, and I learn a lot from my team and my peers on a daily basis. Due to the fact that we share our experiences, then we get to try diffrent techniques that gives us a chance to properly develop a strategy that works for us. The hardest thing that I had to do was to dismiss a person due to non-performance. Being able to meet our targets and most importantley seeing my team members (consultants) grow and climb the cooporate ladder (also stepping into management roles)
1,0Work/Life Balance
1,0Salary/Benefits
2,0Job Security/Advancement
2,0Management
4,0Culture
Cons
Personal life suffers as the office is too far, I travell avaragley over 80km from home to work
3,0
17 March 2020
Same role
Financial Consultant & Acting Branch Manager (Former Employee) - Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
It is a very busy environment, as making targets ain't easy but i was not happy with the way management handled other situations in regards of putting company first before employees and not taking care of the employee's well being.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
3,0
11 March 2020
Same role
Branch Manager (Current Employee) - Thabazimbi, Limpopo
Work smart not hard its all about how you apply your ideas into action and how you get the ship moving most importantly you need to be people driven w
4,0
12 June 2020
Same location
Payments Manager (Current Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Being with company for over 15 years has allowed me to learn a lot about myself and cooperate business. I am however grateful for each a D every stride taken and the opportunity the company has given me to grow
Pros
Always looking for innovative ways to improve
Cons
Complete a single project before jumping onto another