Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
4,0 out of 5 stars.
Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Review

Very professional and yet relaxed atmosphere

4,0
20 May 2020
I enjoyed working at Old Mutual a lot. The environment was very relaxed yet fast paced as well. Teamwork was great and management very involved and helpful. The only problem is that most positions are contract positions and becoming permanent is not easy.
5,0Work/Life Balance
3,0
2 October 2018
Same roleSame location
Data Capturer (Former Employee) - Pinelands, Western Cape
Data is processed on a daily bases. You learn how to empathise with the customers. Treat the company and employees with respect. The training given allows you to do your work effectively.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Hour's
3,0
14 August 2018
Same role
Payroll admin / Debtors Clerk / Data Capturing (Former Employee) - Cape Town, Western Cape
A typical day at work: Check emails. In tray check with notices. Check inquiries conform with managers on irregularities. Calculate manual time sheet hours. What i learned: VIP payroll by the manager she trained me well in this program. Raising invoices on Pastel Accounting for clients. Interacting with staff Leave forms, sick notes and Filing. Management: My manager was tough but she taught me well. I worked well with her and learnt a lot from her. Workplace culture: Easy going and relaxed. The hardest part of the job: Not the hardest part a challenging part is manual time sheets take up time of the day which could be spent on other necessary items. The most enjoyable part of the job: Interacting and meeting people from different cultures and spheres i enjoyed that especially coming from a background which was not diverse.
Pros
Lunch hour was great at Old Mutual Building there variety to do and eatables.
Cons
Working till five and travelling is a tedious affair.
2,0
5 January 2021
Same location
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) - Pinelands, Western Cape
Try to avoid this place unless you ok with slow boring work and management who are not clued up or strategic or understand the full need. For a senior position, I sat around a lot with no clear direction
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Bad management
  1. Very professional and yet relaxed atmosphere