Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Showing all 1 587 reviews

Sales industry

You will have those days when you feel Sales are booming and you ask yourself month-end clients are cancelling their policies is very stressful to work with selling products. Sometimes pressure will make you have sleepless night and long hours in order to reach your target It’s a nice company to work for because they have benefits such as medical aid, Educational programme Faise you learn a lot from insurance company…I so wish they can introduce wellness programs for employees to be able to deal with Stress Fun days we will have functions and get rewards and be entertained by various well known people…It’s a great company 1 can work for and learn all the obstacles of life and Characters of humans…

Pros

Educational program

Stressful

There is no support from management except for applying pressure. They want 10 written policies a week, 2 or 3 daily submissions otherwise you report at 7h30 to account why you couldn’t submit 2 lives . Management threatens staff.

Pros

Cons

No care

Productive workplace

Good company but no career growth. OM is a global company so expect loads of work. The management is neutral, just have tough skin. Just work hard & know why you're here then you won't have any issues.

It is looking after its employees

You must be disciplined and possess high moral standards and values.You must be always productive in your work related environment. Team work is important when working as a group.You must be willing to go that extra mile in your work related environment. You must have good relations with your subordinates,juniors or seniors.Always open your mind and adopt positive attitude.

Cons

Old mutual Ghana was very supporting

Old mutual Ghana was very supporting company in terms of agreement and because of their world wide name, more clients were able to save there and sales managers and advisors always do their best to help the company

Pros

Over rider commission was good

Cons

Financial Advisors were too much as compared to other insurance companies

Productive and fun workplace

I've had great experience working with Old mutaul , I've learnt a lot as an individual, I gained more experience as an advisor and if I were to be offered a job back at old Mutual I would go back with a blink of an eye.

Pros

Did not have to spend more time at the office

Cons

Keeping up with target

Productive workplace

Good place to start, there’s a lot to learn as clients have different queries. There is a lot to learn in terms of lending and transactional banking.

Pros

Fun activities

Cons

Flexible times, setting your own salary. Enjoyable working with clients, helping clients to get what they need and giving them advice. You are off on Public holidays.

Stressful

Stressful work environment. The pressure is not realistic,exoecting employees to have 3clients a day. Abusive in meetings,threatening ur job. You have no social life,always anxious and stressed. Many resign each day. The company doesn't care to investigate why. U are forced to resign for ur own sanity or ul forever be on sick leave.

Fun Workplace

Workplace can be fun, but the Environment is Toxic n the Workload is just too much. They host Functions and give us Gifts and Free Lunches. But the Salary is just too little.

Pros

Gifts, Lunches

Cons

Long hours, loads of workload

Productive fun workplace

It's fun to work at old mutual. When you have reached your target you get bonuses. And they policies are affordable. Competitive and fast paced company

Hard work.

Working at Old Mutual you have to be hard working, and focused, planning ahead as you move from one place to the other. I learnerd how to make a person realise the importance of Old Mutual, being able to help my clients made it more fun to go to work everyday.

Pros

We paid for everything even the dinner Gala's you pay

Cons

We had a good medical aid .

Fun work place

Old Mutual is a great company to work for, with great benefits and room for growth. Management engagement and team work is very important. Make sure you know the company products.

Pros

Upskilling

Cons

Unsupportive management

Productive and efficient

It a very stressful environment and working under a deadline. The great thing about old mutual is the workplace culture and management support. The hardest part of the job is making sure you hit your target.

Pros

Benefits and Management Support

Cons

Long Hours

Good enployer

TRAINING Trainings that they offer for their staff was good .CLIENT SUPPORT.Their client support is genuine and they put their client first. They pay claims

Pros

Good employer

Cons

Too much emphasis on reaching targets

I learned a lot from old mutual, it is a fast working environment, and you need to be a fast learner. I have learned how to interact with different people and different behaviors. And the respect we have for each other..and the management was good,we learned a lot from them.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Flexible hours

Taking part in activities like the projects, reaching out to the community

The community Builder project and Share and Care projects is the best thing I ever did at Old Mutual, reaching out to your community. This kind of projects make you want to do more for people. To me its about looking out for each other and be there for your community.

Productive but very stressful

Manager puts too much pressure but productivity is there. You have to be really passionate about sales otherwise the job will not be for you. Also be able to work well under pressure

Productive and fun to work

It it fun,it has benefit,You will go to places you never wena before honestly I enjoyed myself there.your life style changes within 2 to 3 months. Its an intresting company to work for.

Stressful

Long hours, a lot of pressure from management. Work overtime including weekends, the pay is okay but not nearly worth the mental toll it takes on you. I was miserable all the time

I enjoy working with brokers and consultants, a learning curve for me. I am highly appreciative of all the support and guidance that I get from management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 587 reviews

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,4 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,4 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,5 out of 5 stars for Management
3,8 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?