Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews

Showing all 1聽480 reviews
Training and development journey, which is mainly people and customercentric and focused on enabling one to self actualisation and discipline, integrity as well as leadership which is characterised by example to fellow workers and subordinates. Fairly positive culture and promotion of good relationships.
Pros
Training and Development
Cons
Not being able to work in location of choice
I enjoyed being part of old mutual family. It is like home to me. The environment is very good and they treat people well. Old mutual is the best company I ever worked for.
Pros
We were having free launches from the mananger
Cons
The hours were very good and reasonable
Stressful work environment, unrealistic targets to meet production, unprofessional management depression cause by high targets of production If you are a lady will expirience miscarriage, you will not have time for your family ,you can't sleep without meeting the targets of 3clients per day who take a policy. You will dig a grave for yourself if you be working as financial advisorEven if you meet your targets you will not be appreciated or rewarded
Pros
You manage your time
Cons
Unprofessional management
Oldmutual is a very gold driven company that believes in honest, integrity and always aiming to be at the top it pushes beyond boundaries. The pressure is to much but we get competitions to motivate us to work hard
Pros
Free CNT
Cons
The worst wotking for old mutual is that the company does not look after its employees. For an example the company do not offer basic salary, its a commission based salary only. It is very difficult to survive months to months without getting paid some of the months due to lot of reasons, one of those reasons being lapses from a client.If it wasn't for the salary structure I would have been still working there till today.
Todo bien, el 谩rea de comedor, los colores, el mobiliario, el confiar en nosotros
Pros
seguro gastos m茅dicos
Cons
todo me agrado
Enjoyable company to work for. They car about your well being and take their employees into consideration in everything that they do. Pay is also fair
Pros
They care about you
Cons
Short breaks
Old Mutual helps to bring the best out of their employees with continues trainings and meetings, helping us meeting our objectives.Old Mutual is by far the best company to work for.
Pros
Fully paid trips around the world
Cons
Working on saturdays
It's was fun and productive but salary wasn't enough for the job we were doing,we were treated fairly enough but i feel our department was not given enough attention and resources.the environment was freindly and so were the managers and my colleagues.
Pros
Free goodies
Cons
Small salary
Self driven and self motivated. More about life cover and investments. Management would create an efficient working atmosphere and obtain willing cooperation in getting the job done by adjusting one's style on the twin dimensions of task and relationship behavior. The workplace culture was more of a team effort and helping each other. The hardest part of the job was getting people to sign-up and the most enjoyable part of the job was the hours.
Pros
Knock off early on Fridays, subject to target reached.
Cons
Getting people to sign-up.
A typical day at work will start with a "bang" meeting with your manager discussing what you have planned for your day. I loved working at OM. I learned so much. I stayed in the insurance field until 2019 and would always measure the workplace culture to that of OM. I enjoyed the hard work the passion I had for the brand kept me going.
Pros
Cooooffffeeeeee
Cons
Changing rem structure
Theres a lot of room for growth, skills and qualification training programmes, needs dedication, hard work and be always eager to learn new things as we continuously learn.
Pros
Rewards and many other incentives
Cons
Hard work and long working hours, you work for your ow salary
Whenever one performed well we used to be given trips,heavy lunch and incentives,this made me happy,and also knowing i did something good talking to
Pros
Free lunch and outings
Cons
It reguire more time in the field
The management needs to motivate the workers not push on targets only without checking on them are they coping or not. Yes the business its about target and all but some months are not the same when it comes to business.
Pros
Yes there were free lunches when you perform well.
Cons
Long hours was a big problem rep up meetings and yiu need to go to taxi rank it was quite risky.
The company it was good. But the management it was not helpful. And the was no supportive team. Everybody was struggling for his/her own. If you didn't rich your target you must go back to the office@night.
Cons
Acquired communication skills through my experience and social involvement. Work with our supervision as well as under pressure. Computer skills Microsoft office, Outlook, Sap and Microsoft PowerPoint. Good oral and written communication. I have learnt to work well with people from various cultures, norms and values. Planning, organising,. control and time keeping. Office administration- filing, diary telephone management, good client/customer orientation.
Pros
Random braais
Cons
Work on weekends
Working there is most important and you learn more duties that advance your knowledge, you get bonuses as an employee and give your opinion its supers
Pros
Own lunch
Cons
8 to 5
It was fine. But some managers must put personal issue aside special at work, and they must encourage education because education is the key in future. Thank You
Pros
Travel allowance, car allowance etc.
Cons
It is a nice company to work in and the people are friendly as well and they have a good team and we help one another and they have fairness in everything that they do
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
I loved the values that the company goes by, I will take those values wherever I go because of the drive they put in the work place and personally. Pushing beyond boundaries, Ubuntu, accountability, respect and empathy 馃憦 wow. Thank you Old Mutual
Pros
Training
Cons
Minimum growth
Try to avoid this place unless you ok with slow boring work and management who are not clued up or strategic or understand the full need. For a senior position, I sat around a lot with no clear direction
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Bad management